Status: ANNNNND We're Back To Pull Heart Strings xD

A Little Piece of Heaven in My Solitary Hell

Let Him Find You

Some time passes. Once Scarlet forces the boys to move into another room to give me space, I can finally hear the TV. The local new station is broadcasting about the crash. Scarlet is watching, too.

"Mason, they're talking about the crash on TV!" she calls.

The newscaster standing at the scene of the accident says, "One car has both license plates removed and is completely unidentifiable."

That was kind of my doing. When Mason wasn't looking, I took off the license plates and threw them into the water so no one would know it was hid car.

Mason joins us, just as the woman gets a more serious and grave expression.

"The other car, a 2017 black Camaro, has been identified as the car of mass-murderer, Luna Devon," she says. Just one of my many aliases. My mug shot pulls up on the screen next to her. It was taken back when my hair was much shorter and still black. My overall appearance was less worn and edgy. The woman looks scared as she says, "This could mean that a woman who has been proved of seventeen different murders in three different states could be lose in our beloved California."

Scarlet looks at Mason and says, "You brought a murderer into our house?!"

"No, honey, they get stuff like that wrong on TV all of the time. She's no murderer! I promise, I know her from a long, long time ago," he says, pulling her into a light hug. He kisses the top of her head and gives me a look, like he's saying, 'you're welcome'.

I stand and stretch. "Well, I'm getting out of here. I need to absorb some of the nightlife."

"Wait," Mason says, coming over to me. He lowers his voice and says, "You were just on the news. What if someone comes after you while you're out?"

I roll my eyes. "I'll be fine. Is your girl coming with me or not?"

"I'm coming. Do we need to take my car?" she asks, knowing I obviously don't have one.

"Sure," I say, and we head out.

She tosses me her keys. "You can drive. So, where exactly are we going?"

I climb in and start up the car. "Well, I told Mason we were going to be clubbing, but you really don't seem like the type. So I was thinking we could go out somewhere and talk. Somewhere I don't usually go."

I can't afford anyone finding me right. Especially not with Mason's girlfriend with me.

"Just to make sure we'd be safe in case anyone tried to... hurt us, is there a knife or a gun or anything in here?" I ask, looking around as she buckles herself in.

She smiles. "Yeah, there's one in the glove compartment. Don't tell Mason though, he doesn't know about it."

I laugh slightly. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him." Trust me, I know.

Scarlet laughs and I leave the parking area of the apartment complex. "So, Mason said your name is Alexandra. Can I just call you Allie or something?" she says.

I want to burst into laughter, but I hold it back. Alexandra is a very loose cover of Alexandreina. "yeah, sure. Call me Allie. And you're Scarlet. Can I call you Scar, like Mason?"

"Sure," Scar says, a smile on her almost perfect face.

I drive down the road, listening to Scar jabber about random things. I finally make it to the restaurant. "Hey, can you go in and get us a table? I'll be right back. I left everything in my car at the crash so I need to go get some essentials."

"Oh, alright. How long do you think you'll take?"

I think for a second. "Twenty-five minutes at the most. If I take any longer than that, just go home."

"Aren't you going to take the car?"

"Well, if it's okay if I do, then I will and I'm sure I'll be a lot faster."

"Go ahead. I'll get a table." She smiles and heads in, so I take off. The place is about two minutes away by car. That's why I chose this restaurant.

When I get there, I can practically feel that Kyle was waiting for me. Kyle knows each of my aliases and has seen all of my mug shots, so he knows whenever anything happens with me, and he always knows whenever I need anything.

I walk inside and see him standing at the counter, a wide smile on his face. "You need everything you usually carry around with you, correct?"

I laugh. "Sure do. Some of the clothes I keep here would be nice, too."

He reaches under the counter and pulls out the black bag with my weapons and cigarettes, as well as all of my fake identities. "Which one?"

"Can you give me everything for Sadie?" I ask.

Sadie is supposed to be from California, so it seems fitting. He puts all of her information in the bag and hands it to me. He grabs a bag of clothes and throws in some brown hair dye and a few more backs of contacts. "I've always thought you'd look good as a brunette," he says with a smile, and now I understand why he's so smiley.

"What are you hiding?" I ask, my eyes becoming cold and my face stern.

He sighs and says, "A boy came in here looking for you."

"Did you know who he was?" I ask. He looks down, meaning he did and that he doesn't think that he should tell me. "Please, just tell me who it was."

Kyle looks up and reaches over to his computer. "I took his picture. I'll print it out, and then I'll show you." His overall aura is pretty grim now. if I have to read his mind, I will. I don't do it anymore. I've learned how to block it out. I glance down at my watch. Fifteen minutes until I have to be back to Scar.

He hands me the picture, turned over so I don't see it just yet. I turn it over and my heart seems to drop into my stomach.

He's gotten so much skinnier, like he hasn't eaten in a long time. He's wearing a t-shirt, which exposes a arms covered with deep, fresh cuts and scars. He has bags under his eyes, and his usually warm brown eyes are sad and bloodshot. His hair has dulled and he's so pale.

But I could never ever not recognize this boy that I hurt so much. My little Stephen.

"But... what happened to him?" I ask, my eyes brimming with tears like they had earlier.

"He's been out looking for you. He told me that you leaving broke everything inside of him down," Kyle says, touching my arm lightly. "He said that he's going to find you this time. Even if it kills him."

I choke back tears and sobs and look up at Kyle. "Thank you for telling me," I say, taking my things, turning, and leaving. I head back to the restaurant, stuffing the picture in the pocket of the jeans that Mason had let me use.

Mason... Stephen is definitely going to go find him. But maybe that's a good thing. I shake the thoughts out of my head and park by the restaurant, walking in.

Scar smiles and waves me over.

"You got here just in time. There was an almost ten minute wait. Hey, are you okay?" she says as I sit across from here.

I look up and clear my throat. "I just found out some stuff about a friend of mine. He apparently took it really hard when I left. I have a picture of what he looks like now and I feel like I'll be sick."

Scar gives me a sympathetic look and asks, "Can I see it?"

My shaking hand pulls it out of my pocket and passes it across the table to her. Her eyes get wide.

"If he took it this hard, he had to be more than just a normal friend... Were you two..?"

I nod and feel my lip quiver. "He's been looking for me ever since I left."

"Do you still love him?" she asks. I look up and see this softness in her eyes, so I decide that I can trust her enough for now.

"I don't know. That's one of the reasons I left," I say, knowing that I'll cry soon.

She hands me the picture and says, "I think you should let him find you."
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!!!! oh snap i wrote quick and i love this story and taylor get ideas and asdfghjkl XDDDDDD