On the Edge

Scared

[Gerard’s P.O.V.]
I was getting worried about Jen. I went into look for her, and I found her walking out. She was almost in tears.
"Jen what happened?" I asked her.

" THAT STUPID KID HAPPENED!" She screamed.

"What kid? Jen come here tell me what happened." I said pulling her to the side.

"That kid Bill! He knows!"

"WHAT THE FUCK? HOW?"

"He came up to me, and was like 'Oh was that your boyfriend don’t you have to be 18 or older to play here? Aren’t you only 15 isn’t that illegal? I know he’s older the 18 stop bullshitting.' Gerard I am so scared! What if he does tell?" She said breaking down crying. I hugged her close to me.

I saw that kid Bill walk by. I ran over to him, and grabbed his shirt, and yanked him back to where I was standing, and where no one could see.
"WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM!" I screamed in his face.

"Get off me now!" Bill said trying to struggle away.

"Not till you tell me why you’re ruining our lives? I’m not over 18 so go fuck your self. Stop calling Jen a liar because she’s not! Now leave us alone, before I beat your face in." I said holding his shirt tighter and tighter.

"We both know your lying, just fess up now."

"Yeah I would if I was lying."

"What ever Gerard. I know the truth, and if you keep threatening me like this the police will know the truth as well." He said glaring at me. I rolled my eyes, and walked away from him.

"That’s what I thought." I heard him say. I was about to turn around and clobber him, but Jen held me hand holding me back.

"Just walk away." She said standing in front of me so I wouldn’t run back and continue fighting with that bitch. I continued walking to the van.

"What happened?" Mikey asked seeing Jen, and I both upset.

"Tell you later. I'm going to head home with Jen."

"But dude we were going to chill here for a little while. Why the rush?"

"Just tired. I'll meet you guys at home." I said going to my car with Jen.

"OK bye guys." Katie said waving to us. We got into the car, and Jen looked like she was about to just burst out in tears.

"What are we going to do?" She said.

"Just keep going along with this whole thing, until he gives up."

"What if he doesn't? What if he tells someone? I will loose you forever!" She said looking at me with tears in her eyes. I held her hand trying to calm her down.

"Don't worry Jen nothing is going to happen. I swear on my life."

"How can you promise that? You don't know what he’s thinking."

"Jen please trust me! Nothing’s going to happen. I swear on my life." I said giving her a look of assurance. She smiled.

"I love you Gerard." She said.

"I love you too." I said kissing her cheek. We were driving home, and Jen was looking out the window, so I took her hand trying to comfort her.

"So what did you think of the show?" I asked trying to take her mind off it. She smiled at me.

"It was amazing! You guys sounded so good."

"Thank you. Rays going to talk to his cousin see if he can get us another show."

"I'll be front row at that one too." She said smiling. She put her hands on her stomach, as if she was in pain.

"Are you OK?" I asked her.

"Yeah just a little stomach ache. Its fine." She said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I am fine." She said smiling. We pulled up to our house, and she helped me take some things into the house. When it was all done we sat in the living room and started watching T.V., but nothing good was on.

"I will be right back." She said getting up going into the bathroom.

[Jen's P.O.V.]
It has been a week, and still hasn’t come yet! I was supposed to get a week and a half ago, and its still not here. I was hoping it was just late, and I would get it soon. If it wasn't late, it would mean it just isn’t coming, which isn’t good at all. I might ask Katie to take me to the drug store to buy a test. I have to know if I am or not. How do I tell her I need a test with out telling her about Gerard, and I? Should I just tell her? I mean she is like a sister to me, and I trust her with my life almost. She would flip on me, and Gerard though. I walked back out into the living room. I sat down next to Gerard, and rested my head on his chest.
"Jen are you OK? You have been acting a little strange for a couple days now."

"Oh how?"

"You have been walking around holding your stomach, and switching
moods every now and then. What’s going on?"

"Oh I don’t know honestly. I’m sorry if I do though."

"No don't be sorry. I just wanted to know if you were OK."

"Oh well thank you." I said smiling at him.

"No problem." I was so tired I just fell asleep on Gerard’s chest.

*An hour later. *
The guys coming home woke me up. They never did anything quietly. I opened my eyes, and adjusted to the lighting. I looked around, and saw Katie.
"KATIE!" I said running to her pulling her up the stairs.

"Hi?" She said when we were in my room.

"I need you to take me to the drug store."

"I will but what for?"

"A test..."

"NO! BETTER NOT BE WHAT I THINK IT IS!"

"Well what do you think?"

"Pregnancy test?" She said. I got silent.

"JEN! WITH WHO!"

"I'll tell you but you can’t say anything to ANY ONE! Promise?"

"Of coarse. Now tell me."

"Gerard...but don’t get mad at him!"

"Oh my god... are you serious! I knew you guys were to close for best
friends. I knew it!"

"Yeah, but you cant say anything!"

"I wont. Lets go." She said leaving the room, and walking down stairs. I followed her.

"We'll be right back guys." She said.

"Where are you going?" Gerard asked.

"Store be right back." She said taking my hand and bringing me outside. The drive there was quiet, and when we got there we were looking in the isles for the right one. We found it paid and left. We got home, and we ran upstairs. I took it into the bathroom with me, and waited for the results.

*5 Minutes later*
I walked out, and showed Katie.
"Is that a plus, or minus?" I asked handing the test over to her. She was silent for a little while.

"That’s a plus." She said softly.

"That’s what I thought... oh my god what do I do? I am too young for a kid. Gerard’s to young. No way I could do this!" I said panicking. I was so scared I was about to cry.

"Jen don't worry. There are a lot of options here. One get rid of it."

"NO NEVER! Abortion is wrong!"

"OK. Two adoption."

"That’s probably my only choice."

"You might want to talk to Gerard before you make any final decisions."

"Yeah. God Katie I don't know what I would do with out you here." I said hugging her.

"Always here for you." She said. Frank came through the door, and I hid the test.

"Katie were heading back to my house do you want to come?" He asked her.
"Yeah sure. Bye Jen." She said getting up and leaving with Frank. I sat in my room, alone, and scared. Gerard came up.

"There you are. I have been looking for you." He said sitting down on the bed with me.

"Sorry. Just big news kind of."

"What news?" He said getting excited.

"Listen Gerard... I would rather just show you." I pulled out the test from behind me.

"What’s this?" He asked.

"Look. I think you will understand." I said handing it to him. He looked at
it, and his face went into shock.

"Does this mean what I think it does?"

"Well what are you thinking?"

"Are you... pregnant?"

"Yeah... I am."