On the Edge

The Little Band From New Jersey

[Jen's P.O.V.]
Some of the football players saw me hug Gerard, and they started making faces and mocking me.
"OH WHO’S YOUR BOYFRIEND THERE?" They said as I walked by. I ignored it Gerard wasn't my boyfriend, and he never would be. He is to cool for a lame little girl like me. Gerard was just a good friend of mine at this point. I thought he was a great guy. He did so many cool things like draw and he was a musician. I have some feelings for him but nothing major just a little crush. The day went buy and I continued to think about Gerard. I didn't know why I kept trying to rid him from my mind, but the more I resisted thinking of him the more I thought of him.

The day went by so fast it was already 8th period. It had gone by so fast and I honestly couldn't wait to see Gerard again. Finally that 8th period bell rang I almost ran out of school. I started walking towards the coffee shop where I met Gerard after school yesterday, and of coarse I walk by and he’s sitting in the same seat he was yesterday. I walked in and waved to him.
"Hey!" I said sitting down with him.

"Hey what’s up?" He asked.

"Nothing. School went by so fast today it was like 1st period then all of a sudden it was 8th."

"Yeah I felt the same about school for me."

"How long do you go?"

"2 hours every other day."

"That’s cool. Do you have any drawings with you?" I asked.

"Um yeah I might have one or two to show you." He reached into his bag and pulled out a sketchbook.

"Um here's a pretty good one." He said showing me a picture of a little monkey.

"Awe he’s adorable!"

"Thank you his name is 'The Breakfast Monkey.' He’s this little monkey who flies around with little breakfast powers." He said. I laughed.

"He’s cute."

"Thank you." He said smiling.

"No problem." I said flipping through his book. I noticed he was looking at me with a dazed look.

"Hey Jen?"

"Yeah." I said continuing looking at the pictures.

"Do you want to come to my bands practice tonight?"

"OH MY GOD I WOULD LOVE TO!" I screamed. The people in the coffee shop looked at me.

"Sorry." I said looking away embarrassed. Gerard started laughing.

"I'll take that as a yes?" He said laughing.

"Yes." I said feeling my face get hot.

"Don't worry about it. Every one screams random stuff once in their life."
He said laughing. He made me feel so much better. I saw Mikey come in the door and he came over and sat with us.

"Hey Gee you ready?"

"Yeah... um you think the guys will care if Jen comes to our practice?"

"I'm sure they wont. I mean we got to start practicing for an audience."
Mikey said.

"OK then."

"Lets go we have a 5 o'clock practice."

"What are going to do after 6 or 7?"

"Probably hang out there like usual."

"That OK with you?" Gerard asked me.

"Yeah but I don't want to ruin your fun..."

"You wont be!" Mikey and Gerard said.

"OK then." I said smiling.

We went to Mikey's car, and I sat in the back listening to Gerard and Mikey talking.

"Jen where do you live just so I know when I drive you home." Gerard asked turning around towards me. My mind froze what do I say 'I'm fucking homeless.' I just sat there for a minute.

"Jen..." He said again."

"Oh um.... I live 123 smith road."

"You live really close to the coffee shop."

"Yeah I live in an apartment next to that old restaurant only a few blocks from the coffee shop."

"I didn't know there were apartments by there."

"Yeah they are like old and shit."

"Oh OK then." He said as we pulled into someone’s drive way.

"Were here come on." Gerard said opening the door for me.

"Thanks." I said smiling to him.

"No problem lets go." He said taking my hand and pulling me to the door where Mikey was already. When Mikey knocked on the door a guy with long black hair answered the door. He wasn't much taller then he and I had some tattoos on his arm. I stood behind Gerard and Mikey hiding almost.

"Hey guys your late again!" The guy said.

"Sorry. Hey Frank this is my friend Jen. She’s going to watch us practice
is that OK?" Gerard said pulling me forward.

"Hey, and yeah its fine" He said smiling and sticking his hand out.

"Hi." I said sticking my hand out and shook his hand. I was still shy so I didn't smile or say much.

"OK lets get started." Frank said walking inside. Gerard followed him, and I followed Gerard, and Mikey walked behind me. They went into a basement, and I noticed two other guys sitting on the couch that was up against the wall.

"You guys are always late I swear!" A guy, with blond hair, said.

"Yeah I know me, and Bob come on time, but we always got to wait for you two." Another guy with brown curly hair said pointing to the blond guy, who must have been Bob.

"Will you two shut the fuck up!" Frank said.

"We're here aren't we?" Mikey said.

"Yeah. Oh by the way guys this is Jen. Jen that’s Ray." He said pointing to the guy with the brown curly hair.

"And that’s Bob.' He said pointing to the guy with blond hair.

"Hey." They both said together.

"Hi." I said again shyly.

"OK lets get started." Mikey, said going over, and picking up his red, and white bass guitar. Then the rest went over to their instruments. I sat on the couch and listened to them play.

I was so glad I came they were great! It was amazing for a band that was barley put together. I knew one day this band was going to be amazingly famous. When they finished Gerard looked at me and asked
"So what do you think?" He asked.

"AMAZING!" I said so excited.

"Thank you!" They all said shocked.

"Gerard what’s the name of your band?"

"My Chemical Romance." They all said together. My Chemical Romance. The name stuck in my head I knew one day they would be huge.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please =]