Sequel: Not Going Home Alone
Status: This was made for my best friend so most of the things we say and do are real. The dreams that we talk about are real. Now, the relationship with the guys, not so real haha

You Leave Me Breathless

July 9th

Brooklyn’s POV:

July 9, the day I get to see Zach again. We’ve been on a schedule where every other week we see each other. I fly to him, he flies to me, it all works out in the end. This week it’s my turn to fly out to him. He seemed a little distracted on the phone last night, but I’m sure it’s nothing.

“Zach! I missed you!” I run off the plane and in to his arms.

“Did you get here okay with the rain and all?”

“Yeah, just great. No problems from what I know, I mean, here I am.” He’s smiling, but I can tell his heart’s not in it. His heart is pounding as he holds me close.

“That’s good, I’m glad you made it safe. Everything’s going well in your life?”

“Zach, you’re talking like we aren’t together anymore. We just had a conversation last night. Everything in my life is fine because I have you.” Okay, that should have made him smile. Now I know something is up with this boy.

“So, you should get your bags. I’ll wait here.”

“I was only going to be here today and part of tomorrow. Everything I need is in this bag.” I hold up my carryon and he takes my hand. “My dad asked about you last week.” I tell him.

"Oh yeah, what'd he ask?"

“He wanted to know how the “handsome fellow with a great handshake” was doing. I told him you were just fine. And that we were making everything work.”

“Brooklyn, I can’t do this. I’m sorry.” He blurts it out and we stop walking. I look at him.

“What do you mean, Zach?” He takes my hands and leads me to some chairs.

“I was going to do this as soon as I saw you, but you make it so hard. I should be gone by now and you should be moving on with your life.” No. He can’t be serious.

“Zach? You don’t mean? Are you really….” He kisses me on the cheek softly.

“I’m so sorry, Brooklyn. I just can’t do the long distance thing. It’s killing me not seeing you all the time, whenever we both want.” I don't think he understands what this is going to do.

“But now you’ll never see me!” I’m fighting the tears, but they threaten to spill over.

“And I think that’s what’s best for the both of us. Believe me, I’ve thought long and hard about this. I’ve been fighting it for a month.” I knew he had been acting weird the past few times I saw him.

“No! You’re not breaking up with me in an airport! We have a date! Zach, I love you.” I'm saying anything to try and make him stay.

“I love you, too, Brooklyn. That is why I’m doing this. Please trust me when I say it’s for the best.” He stands up and walks out. I run after him.

“Wait, but I don’t leave until tomorrow. What am I supposed to do?”

“Get a cab and go sightseeing I guess. You could go visit my mom, I’m sure she would love to talk to you.”

“Your mom? At your house? Where you’ll be.”

“Oh, if you want, I can buy you a ticket for the next flight back.” I can’t believe this is really happening right now.

“I don’t know what I want, except that I want you.” I can't believe this isn't killing him the way it's killing me.

“I'm afraid you can’t have that. I’ll go get you a ticket.” He leaves and I allow myself to cry. It’s really over.

*******************************************