Sequel: Not Going Home Alone
Status: This was made for my best friend so most of the things we say and do are real. The dreams that we talk about are real. Now, the relationship with the guys, not so real haha

You Leave Me Breathless

How Zach Feels

Zach’s POV:

“Morgan just called me. You broke up with Brooklyn yesterday?!” Cameron comes running in to my basement.

“I’m doing just great, thanks for asking.”

“Sorry, how are you?”

“I feel like crap.”

“You should. I can’t believe you broke up with her!” I can’t believe it either. If I could go back, I would change everything.

“Thanks for the comforting words. I just couldn’t take it anymore. I never get to see her.”

“There are two apartments for rent pretty close to us. I told Morgan about them yesterday and I was going to tell you today.”

“Why would you have waited to tell me?”

“When I found out, you were supposed to have been on a date with your girlfriend. You know, the girl you can’t live without. The girl who you fell in love with and she felt the same way, maybe even more.”

“I don’t think she loved me more than I love her.”

“Who said she doesn’t still love you?” This is the Cameron that I need to talk to.

“Cam, I think I ruined everything.”

“They’re coming next week to look at the apartments. I say you should stay out of their way, then, if they both move in, you can slowly re-enter Brooklyn’s life.”

“Thanks. That sounds like some pretty good advice. I really hope she moves out here so I can fix everything.”

“It sounds like you really hurt her.” I don’t doubt that I did. The way she had tears in her eyes the whole time. And when she looked back before leaving, I broke.

“What did I do, Cameron?”

“The thing that you thought was right. You believed you were giving her a chance to find someone who could always be there for her.” Except, that’s only partially right. I did what I thought was right, but I had a totally different reason to do it.

“How do you know all of this?”

“I have two sisters, a mom, and Morgan has shown me the few missing pieces. I know Girl World inside and out. Trust me, it’s not all rainbows and pink. It’s a cruel, difficult, confusing place.”

“I don’t doubt that for a second.”

“So, are you gonna be okay until you can see her again?”

“Honestly, Cam, no. I miss her so much and I just want to call her right now and say how everything is my fault, but I know that’s not what she wants to hear right now.” I can’t believe I made such a huge mistake. If she doesn’t take me back I just lost the only good thing that has happened to me.

“You two will figure it out.” I just hope he’s right.

“I don’t know, Cam. I really hope you know what you’re saying.” He gives me a sympathetic look and leaves. Well, back to playing No Air on repeat.

*******************************************