Sequel: Not Going Home Alone
Status: This was made for my best friend so most of the things we say and do are real. The dreams that we talk about are real. Now, the relationship with the guys, not so real haha

You Leave Me Breathless

Brooklyn's New Groove....Or Not

Brooklyn’s POV:

“So, is Zach going to Michael’s party tonight?” I have to know what I'm doing.

“No, he has to do stuff with his mom.” I’m almost done unpacking and I think I have the perfect thing to wear tonight.

“Morgan, what do you think of this outfit?” She takes one look at it.

“It says that you have moved on from Zach and you don’t need him anymore. That his friends should tell him just how awesome you are doing now.” I smile.

“That’s exactly what I thought. Well, I’m going to the beach for a while. Might as well enjoy California if I’m here."

“That’s the spirit. I, on the other hand, have to find what I’m wearing. I have a really good feeling about today. I don’t know what, but something amazing will happen.” I see Zach the minute I put my towel down. I get up and move. I don’t need this today.

“I know you see me, Brooklyn. Don’t pretend you can’t.” I will be as childish as I possibly can. I put my iPod in and fall asleep. Around noon, I head home to get ready.

“Man, one more hour and you’d have been a lobster.” Brent doesn't even say hello.

“Thanks, Brent. It’s nice to know I look good.”

“He’s right, though. That is going to burn bad.”

“Shut up, Dillon. I’d blame you, but it’s September, so I can’t.” Brent laughs and they both leave. Two of the coolest guys you will ever meet. Also two of the weirdest guys you will ever meet.

“Brooklyn, do you realize how red you are?”

“Yes, Morgan, I just ran in to Brent and Dillon. They had no problem telling me that I’m a lobster.”

“Well, it’s not that bad, but you will be burnt tomorrow."

“Who cares cause that’s tomorrow."

“Hey, look who’s quoting Allstar Weekend.” And it’s killing me, but I have to pretend that I am okay with everything. Zach had his chance to apologize and he didn’t. Well, he might of, but I didn’t hear him. He didn’t fight hard enough for me.

“You bet I am. We have a party to get to, so go get ready.”

“I like your new attitude.” She looks at Zach’s bracelet and shuts the door. So much for that.

“I’m not sure I do.” When we get to Mikey’s house, it’s already packed.

“Brooklyn, Morgan, you made it. Have you met Selena?”

“Maybe once, when we were here last month.” We’re yelling over the music.

“Well, this is Selena Clark. Sel, this is Brooklyn Reeder and Morgan Forbach. Morgan’s dating Cameron.” Tell her that I used to date Zach. Say it Michael. I dare you to.

“It’s nice to meet you girls again. I hope I’m accepted in to your circle.” He walks away, leaving Selena with us.

“Of course you are!” I say. Morgan sees Cameron and runs to hug him. I hear a scream and the music stops. She, Cameron, and Michael are all smiling.

“Can I make an announcement? I know this is Mikey and Selena’s party, happy one month by the way, but the most amazing girl just agreed to marry me. I love you, Morgan.” He kisses her. They are really good together. Maybe one day I’ll be in her place, but who knows when or with what guy. All I’m sure of is that it won’t be Zach.

*****************************************