Sequel: Not Going Home Alone
Status: This was made for my best friend so most of the things we say and do are real. The dreams that we talk about are real. Now, the relationship with the guys, not so real haha

You Leave Me Breathless

Hope Is Gone

Brooklyn’s POV:

“Congrats girl! Let me see the ring.” Morgan holds it up and let me tell you, that sucker is huge. "How big is that?"

“I have no idea, but Cam must have spent a fortune on it. It’s got to be at least 3 karats.”

“At least. Probably more.” I tell her. It is so sparkly and big. It's got to be really heavy.

“Try 6 karats.” Cameron puts his arm around her waist and pulls her in close. He bought her a 6 karat ring? That’s love and a waste of money.

“Cam, you really shouldn’t have. I would have been fine with a speck of dust diamond.” I know her and I know that isn’t true. A 1 karat diamond, maybe, but not a speck of dust size. Around 1 in the morning, the party starts to end.

“Morgan, you ready to go?” We carpooled and I really just want to leave now. She must catch on because she untangles herself from Cameron.

"Alright, let's go. Are you okay?"

“Yeah, just great. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Because I’m happy as can be living out the dream we never thought possible and you aren’t. Does that bother you?” She looks so sad that I have to be honest.

“Yes, it does, but I’m beyond happy for you. One of us deserves to get what we always wanted.”

“Brooklyn, just believe me when I say that there’s still a chance for things to get better. You need to have hope.”

“I can’t have hope. I really don’t think Zach wants me back.”

“He does, Brooklyn, and he’s trying. When we were here last month, he talked to me.” She talked to him? I know I should be mad, but I’m not. I just want to know what he said.

“You should have told me! What did he say?”

"He does love you and he has a reason for what he did. I swore I wouldn’t tell you any of it. He will make things right. Are you mad I didn’t tell you?”

“No, I know you can’t break a promise.”

“Thanks for understanding. Just trust me when I say things will get better. I’m sure he has a plan to get you back.” I don’t know if his plan will work.

“I don’t know if I want him back. He wasn’t willing to try to make things work.”

“He had other reasons than just the distance.” Her ring catches in the moonlight and tears burn my eyes. “I’m sorry, this must be so hard for you.”

“No, I’m fine. You’re driving has gotten better." I say changing the subject.

“Practice makes better.”

“Now if only it could make your driving completely perfect.” She swerves back in to her lane. Thank goodness it’s early in the morning and people aren’t out yet.

*********************************************************