Sequel: Not Going Home Alone
Status: This was made for my best friend so most of the things we say and do are real. The dreams that we talk about are real. Now, the relationship with the guys, not so real haha

You Leave Me Breathless

Just Listen

Zach’s POV:

I can’t believe those girls want me to date Ariel. I could never date anyone except Brooklyn. Especially someone as cruel as Ariel. I go to the beach, hoping to relax, but I see Brooklyn.

“Hey, how are you?” I am trying to be friendly. She gets up and walks away when she sees it’s me. “Brooklyn, stop, I know you can see me. And I know you saw me before so look at me now.” She turns around and I can see the anger in her eyes.

“Make me.” She turns back. I only have one choice here. I start singing.

“I'm here alone, didn't wanna leave. My heart won't move, it's incomplete. If there was a way that I could make you understand. But how do you expect me, to live alone with just me? 'Cause my world revolves around you, it's so hard for me to breathe. Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air? Can't live, can't breathe with no air. It's how I feel whenever you ain't there.”

“Zach? Really?” She turns around and has tears in her eyes.

“Of course, really. We’re Zaklyn.” She smiles and dries her tears.

“But what about last night? I saw you and Alison talking. She said you were going to date Ariel.” So she could hear us.

“No, you misheard everything. They want me to date Ariel, but I refuse to. I love you and she’s just not the girl for me.”

“Then why did you break up with me?”

“You just have to understand that it’s not safe for us to be together. But I really want to work on it and protect you at any cost.”

“What do you mean it’s not safe?” I don’t want to tell her, but I have to. It wouldn’t be fair of me to leave it a secret anymore.

“A while ago, right before we broke up, I got a letter in the mail from Ariel. It said that if I didn’t break up with you they would break you. I didn’t want anything to happen to you so I did what I thought was best.”

“You broke up with me so I wouldn’t get hurt. Oh, Zach, that’s so sweet of you. Why didn’t you just tell me in the first place?”

“I figured you would get really mad. Or be afraid of being with me.” She kisses me.

“Does that look like I’m afraid? I’m a big girl, Zach, I can handle a few mean girls.”

“But I don’t want them to hurt you. We don’t know what they’re capable of.”

“No, we don’t, and we may find out one day. But for now, can we just enjoy the fact that I am here to stay and you are my boyfriend.” I smile.

“You really forgive me, Brooklyn? After everything that I put you through?”

“Of course I do, Zach. You lied for my own good, that is the sweetest thing ever. Oh, and there’s the small fact that I love you.”

“I love you, too, Brooklyn.” I look down and see her wrist.

“My bracelet! You kept it all this time?”

“It’s the only thing I had left to remind me of you. I never wanted you out of my life, no matter how much I said or thought it.” I kiss her and we sit on the beach all day. ************************************************