Sequel: The Jerk Theory
Status: An angry Niall is a sexy Niall.

This.

a casserole

Niall and I have officially been together for almost a year. It was crazy how quickly things fell into place when we finally admitted how we felt. We still bickered constantly, but I would be freaked out if we didn't. Niall and I loved to argue. There was never a time when we felt like we had to suppress our feelings and most of the time we just let lose. Most of the time it ended in crazy make up sex, so it was a beneficial situation.

About six months into our official relationship, we were hanging out at Niall and Liam's flat. Liam wasn't around thankfully. Things were really awkward between us since Niall and I got together. He barely even looked my way and when he did, he just glared. I didn’t so much care that he was mad at me, but I felt bad that it impacted his relationship with Niall. They were bandmates and former best friends, and me and Niall being together just screwed it all up. Niall told me not to worry about it, but I always did.

Anyway, we were arguing about the takeaway we wanted to order that night. I wanted Indian food and he complained that I only ever wanted Indian food. He wanted something else and I didn't. So naturally we had to fight about it for ten minutes before we made a decision. "Marj," He said to me. "I love you, but if I eat curry one more time this month I will blow my brains out."

"Well then don't get curry." I said back. Then I stopped. His eyes were wide and so were mine. "You-you love me?" I said, trying to keep my grin under control.

"Uh, yeah. I do. Is that okay?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck. He looked nervous and he was blushing like a mad man. I just wanted to pull him in and kiss those adorable lips forever.

"Yes. Yes that is just fine with me. Because I love you too." I giggled and grabbed his hands, lacing our fingers together. "Now, how about some curry?" I said, bringing my lips up so that they ghosted over his.

"You make me crazy." He groaned, tilting his head away.

"But you love me?" I argued with a smile.

"God only knows why." He muttered before kissing me softly. I closed my eyes and just felt how amazing it was to be near him. There was something about just being in the same room as him that made me feel more complete than I ever have. And when he kissed me, there were no words in existence to describe how much I loved it.

"Curry." I said as his lips moved to my neck. He groaned into the skin on my throat, the vibrations making me shiver. Needless to say, we got curry.

A couple months later, we decided to move in together. Liam moved out of Niall's place a few weeks after the Indian food incident. So he asked me to join him in the empty flat. He had some time in London between the most recent tour and recording an album, and he said that he wanted to be with me as much as possible before he had to go globe trotting again. I agreed instantly. I hated living alone and his flat was way nicer than mine. And not only that, but who could refuse waking up next to the most amazing guy on the planet every morning?

Things were going great. We worked and did our thing during the day, then returned home to spend the night together. We fit so perfectly together. He killed the spiders, I cooked the food, we argued about nothing, and then laughed for an hour about some cheesy commercial we saw on television. And at night he would wrap his arms around me, apologize for all the stupid things he did that day. Then I would apologize about the names I called him. Then I would fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat and gentle breathing.

I always thought that couples that lived together before they had to were doomed to fail. But the opposite was true with Niall. Time that we spent together in out flat made me fall even more in love with him every day. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else but with him. And that was the greatest feeling in the world.

***

"Are you retarded, Niall?!" I shouted in hysterics. I hid behind his lanky frame to stay out of danger. I had returned to our flat to the beeping fire alarm. I left Niall alone for an hour so I could run some errands before the weekend. I had come home to a burning oven and a panic-stricken Niall.

"Its not my fault!" He shouted back.

"I told you to take it out of the oven an hour ago!" I reminded him, growing irritated at his forgetfulness.

"You did not!" He said, looking at me with a confused face. I could tell he was trying to remember everything I had said to him before I left.

"Well get it out!" I instructed, pushing him towards the oven. He stayed put and my shoving was in vain.

"No way! You do it! It's your casserole!" He replied, swatting my hands away.

"I'm not going anywhere near that! It's on fire, Niall!" I cried. It didn't really make sense why I was telling him to pull a burning pan from the oven. But he was the man and I sure as hell wasn't going to do it.

"So naturally I have to be the one who burns his hand off?" He whined, once again swatting at my hands that were pushing on his back.

"You're the one who let it burn in the first place! If you don't do something soon, the whole kitchens going to start!" I argued back. The more we stood here and fought about it, the more thick smoke filled the kitchen. I'm sure it wasn’t good for the oven either.

"Then get it out of the fucking oven, woman!" He shouted, pointing in the direction of the fire.

"It's on fire, Niall!" I complained, ducking behind him once more as the flames grew even more.

"Oh my god!" He shouted, giving my shoulder a gentle shove, moving me out of the way. He grabbed an oven mitt from the drawer and took a few cautious steps toward the oven. He let out a girly squeal as he took the burning pan out of the oven. He threw it in the sink making the pan shatter and turned on the water. The fire was extinguished and the kitchen was filled with smoke.

Niall slumped against the counter with a deep breath and covered his face with his hands. "That was the worst experience of my life." He said after he took a few deep breaths.

"What the hell were you doing?! How did you not notice something burning?" I yelled at him, placing my hands on my waist.

"I didn't even know there was something in the oven!" He countered, placing his hands on his waist in a similar stance.

"Jesus, Niall! Do you ever listen?" I huffed, irritated at the situation overall.

"I listen just fine, Marj. You just never said anything to me." He said back.

"I did!" I retorted. I'm positive I told him more than once not to forget. He just nodded and said 'okay.' I should have known he would forget.

"Did not!"

"You are so stupid sometimes! I am so tired of your selective hearing!" I said with my hands thrown in the air.

"Selective hearing? What the hell does that even mean?" He bellowed, running his hands through his hair.

"You only hear what I have to say when it’s convenient for you. The rest of the time it's like I'm talking to a brick wall." I stepped closer to him and pointed an accusing finger in his direction.

"That is not true!" He said, pushing nudging the finger away.

"It is! The smoking kitchen is a perfect example of your inability to listen to me!" I complained, shaking my head.

Niall rolled his eyes and started laughing. I crossed my arms over my chest, still angry with him. He started walking towards me and I shook my head. "No way. I'm mad at you right now." He was still grinning at me and came even closer. I didn’t back away or try to stop him from wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm sorry." He said into my hair. I shrugged me shoulders. My anger was completely decimated by the feeling of being in his arms.

"I should have reminded you." I conceded.

"God, I love you." He said before kissing my temple. I hummed at the feeling of his lips on my skin.

"I love you too. Most of the time." I joked. I felt his chest rumble in a laugh.

"Most of the time?" He mocked. I let out a yelp of surprise when he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "You love me all of the time." He corrected.

"No. Because ten percent of the time you're an idiot." I teased, pinching his bum. I was dangling helplessly on his shoulder, so that's the best I could do. He let out a cry of surprise when he felt it. I laughed.

"You're a kinky little thing aren’t you?" He chuckled, carrying me through the flat and back to the bedroom. Niall threw me onto the bed and I bounced around ungracefully at the impact. Once I stilled, he crawled on top of me, pinning my back to the mattress by pressing his hips to mine. He slipped my shirt off in with on hand. He was very quick at getting me out of my clothes. We had a lot of practice. His lips started on my jaw and his ragged breaths fanned over my skin. It tickled but I tried to stay still.

"Niall, the whole place smells like burnt food. We might suffocate because of all the smoke." I complained, pulling at the hem of his shirt. He sat up slightly and helped me pull it off. He was instantly back down on top of me, his while torso covering mine.

"It's okay. We can open a window." He said in his soothing tone, letting his calloused fingers dance along the exposed skin of my side. I loved the way it sounded when he spoke quietly against my skin.

"Okay, go open a window." I instructed. My breathing was irregular partly due to the smoke and also because of the way Niall took my breath away.

"In a minute." He murmured, the lowered his mouth to my neck, sucking gently on that spot that made me moan.

"No, do it now." I said. I was almost to the point where I was incapable of forming words. It came out as a gasp.

"Seriously?" He asked, giving my lips a soft peck. It was tempting and he knew it. "You're bossing me around right now?"

"Just do it." I commanded him again.

"Jesus Christ, Marj. You are impossible." He complained, pushing up off me and going to the window in out bedroom. He opened it quickly and started coming back over to me.

"Get the ones in the living room and kitchen too." I instructed. I sat up on my elbows, still sitting on the bed. He cursed again and left the room to do what I told him to do. He came back a few seconds later looking amused and desperate at the same time. "Thank you." I said as he crawled on top of me once more.

"Anything else, your highness?" He asked in a sarcastic posh tone. I rolled my eyes at his teasing.

"You can kiss me now." I said. And he did.

Niall and I were the most dysfunctional couple out there. We fought more often than we should. We spent more time apart than we should. There were more forces working against us then there should be. But somehow we kept finding our way back to each other. Every insult was apologized for, every glare had a smile to make up for it, every pout had a kiss to remedy it, even "I can't stand you" had an "I love you" to erase it. Our dysfunction was perfectly us, and I loved every minute of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
aaaaand this is the official end. i made a fluffy chapter just for kicks and giggles. but there was niall and marj bickering like they always do. hehe. i love making arguments for them. this story was an absolute joy to make. i feel like i left some open ends and I'm sad that i ended it so abruptly, but i'll try not to cry.

thanks to all my readers and subscribers. and big big thanks to my commenters. be sure to keep an eye out for the sequel. i'll probably post the first chapter tonight:)

any parting thoughts? i would love to hear them. so...feedback would be much appreciated.