Sequel: The Jerk Theory
Status: An angry Niall is a sexy Niall.

This.

a date

I got to the exit of the office before Niall did. After what seem like years, he came sauntering over to me like I had all the time in the world. No, I didn’t have all the time in the world, and I didn’t want to spend what little I had waiting for Niall.

He looked irritated as I tapped my foot, indicating that he should hurry up. When he finally caught up to me I pushed the door open and stepped onto the street. I started walking in a random direction, hoping that Niall was still behind me.

I felt a warm, rough hand slip into mine. I pulled away at the contact. “What the hell are you doing?” I asked, pushing him away.

He scoffed and reached for it again, taking my fingers in a vice grip. “We’re dating, remember? Couples hold hands.” He explained, letting my captive arm dangle between us.

“Wow!” I sarcastically. “He speaks!”

He rolled his eyes. “Shut up.”

“Now that’s no way to speak to your girlfriend, is it?” I said sweetly, glancing over at him. He glared at me in response. “What do you want to do?”

“I don’t fucking care, alright? Just pick something.” He snapped. His accent was ugly when he was mad.

“God, no wonder the media is bashing on you. You suck.” I told him, yanking on his arm so we could turn a corner.

“At least I don’t have a stick up my ass.” He retaliated. I was about to respond, but I saw some photographers in the distance. So I smiled. He seemed confused by this reaction. “What now?” He asked me, annoyed.

“The paps are watching, dipshit. That’s the whole point of this.” As we approached the flashing cameras Niall put a smile on his face as well.

He pulled me close to his side roughly. I smashed into his thin yet solid frame having been caught by surprise. “I don’t like you.” Niall said into my ear lowly. “And I hate redheads.” He added after a pause, his smile not faltering.

“Well I hate your accent.” I relied coolly, not wanting him to know that his last comment hurt my feelings. I quite liked my hair color and that was a stupid thing to insult.

“What kind of name is Marjorie anyway?” Another stupid thing to insult.

“Are you kidding? What kind of name is Niall?”

“Whatever.” We passed a small café a few blocks away from the office building. “Come on then.” He told me, pulling me again. For someone so lanky, he was really strong. The tiny restaurant smelled like coffee and fresh bread. I would have enjoyed it if it weren’t for Niall.

The hostess greeted us warmly. I could tell that she knew who Niall was by the smile on her face. The way she glared at me was also a good indication. Personally, I didn’t see why people turned to putty in his presence. It wasn’t like he was that impressive. Niall told the hostess that we wanted to eat outside. That way people would see us.

We sat down, and neither of us said anything as we waited for the waitress. I sipped my water and glanced around the streets. People were rushing up and down, paying no mind to Niall and me. There was however, a small group of girls pointing and giggling, as well as a few grown meant pointing their cameras right at us.

“Is it always like this?” I asked him. He seems startled by me talking to him and looked up from his phone quickly. His eyes fell on the giggling girls then the cameras. He looked back at me and shrugged.

“Yeah.” He told me shortly before smiling at the girls who were now approaching the table. It would be weird to have someone come up to you and ask for your autograph while you were having lunch. I guess it was normal for him, but I thought it was bizarre.

“Hi, Niall!” One of them said excitedly. There were four all together, and none of them looked like they were over 14. They also looked a little nervous, which made me smile.

“Hello.” Niall replied jovially, which was completely opposite to the tone he was using a few seconds ago. “How’re you girls doin’?” He asked them as they spread around our table.

“Good!” They all replied.

“Can we get a picture?” One of them asked.

“Can I have your autograph?” Another asked quietly, holding a black sharpie out to him.

“Yeah sure. Marjorie, would you mind taking the photo for her?” Niall asked me sweetly. I nodded, wanting to smash his nose in. He was capable of being nice to everyone but me. Fucking asshole.

“Of course!” I took her phone from her and waited as the girls gathered around him with smiles on their faces. One they were all posed I counted off and snapped a couple pictures. “Very cute.” I told the girl as I handed the phone back.

“Thanks!” She said with a huge smile. It hurt my face just to look at her smiling that wide. “Are you guys on a date?” She asked, eyes darting between Niall and me.

He laughed and glanced at me from across the table. “Yeah, we are.” He told her, sending me a smile that I reluctantly returned.

“Is she your girlfriend?!” Another screeched excitedly. My cheeks colored at the question. I decided to allow Niall to answer that one.

“She is.” He practically whispered, taking my hand that was resting on the table in his. The girls all ‘aww’ed as he laced our fingers together. I wanted to pull my hand away, but I refrained.

“You’re so cute!” One said and they all agreed, firing off a million question. “How did you meet?” “Is he a good kisser?” “How long have you been together?” “Do you like the rest of the guys?” I was a little bit flustered, seeing as how I didn’t know the answers to any of the questions.

“Hey, it was nice to talk to you girls, but would you mind if we got back to our date?” Niall asked them nicely. I was actually very grateful that he spoke up. I had no idea what I was supposed to say. We definitely should have discussed it before we went out in public.

They apologized and all gave Niall quick hugs before scurrying away. “Good god.” He told me when they were out of earshot. “You look like a deer after it got hit with a car. They were like thirteen. They weren’t blood thirsty.” I pulled my fingers from his grip.

“Well sorry! I’m good at lying or thinking in the spot. I was nervous!” I disregarded the comment with a flip of my hand. The waitress chose this time to come to the table and take our orders.

Once she left, Niall leaned in so he was closer to me. “Alright. Back story. We met at your little party thing...” He said, suddenly serious.

“The one where you ruined a very expensive dress.” I interjected, glaring at him. I was still really pissed about that.

“I spilled my drink on you, on accident and you immediately fell for my charms.” He said sarcastically.

I scoffed. “Yeah, charm. More like cheesy drunken pickup lines that made me want to puke.”

He shot me another one of those looks. This time it inspired me to shut my mouth. “Then we dated on the down low for a few months following us meeting. Now we’re taking it public.” He told me. I nodded. It seemed simple enough. “Oh, and I’m a very good kisser.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “Oh please, who would want to kiss you?” I narrowed his eyes at me. I met them; giving him the same look he gave me. I had to admit…his eyes were lovely. They were wide and blue and sparkly. Too bad the owner was horrible.

“Thousands of people, thank you very much.” Oh yeah. I forgot that he had tons of adoring fans. I sure he wouldn’t have as many if they were sitting in on this lunch.

The waitress came with our food. We ate in silence for the rest of the meal. We smiled at each other the whole time for the sake of everyone watching. Looking at him from across the table, I couldn’t help but regret my decision to sign that stupid contract.
♠ ♠ ♠
two updates in one just to get started off...
feedback would be awesome...i would love to know what ya'll think...sooo...ya know.
thanks for reading:)