Sequel: The Jerk Theory
Status: An angry Niall is a sexy Niall.

This.

a video

This whole arrangement was more drama than in was worth. I can’t even enjoy the perks of the publicity anymore. Paps and lovesick fans constantly stalk me and I’m way busier than I want to be. On top of that, Liam won’t talk to me anymore and Niall is all of a sudden mister sunshine.

I want to scream. I feel so trapped and confused. All I want is for my life to go back to the way it was. I wanted Niall so stop being nice and I wanted to be friends with Liam. Thankfully I had some time away from them both. They had to go out of town for a few weeks due to work, so I was free.

Since I have no life outside of my job and my “boyfriend,” I decided to call Angela. We were pretty good friends so I don’t feel like its weird to hang out with my agent. She said that she wanted to take me out for a drink so that we could catch up. I’m not much of a drinker, but I agreed.

“So, how’s it all going?” She asked me once we settled in our seats at the bar. The pub she brought me to was pretty small and the crowd was a little older, so I wouldn’t be recognized.

“Not so good.” I admitted.

She frowned at that response. “Why?”

“If I tell you, promise not to freak out. I’m telling you as a friend, not an agent.” I said nervously. I kept my eyes averted. I was given some time to gather my thoughts because the bartender can and we ordered our drinks.

“I kissed Liam. Well, more than kiss. We, well, you know…” I trailed off. Angela’s eyes grew wide. I took a hearty sip of my beer to drown my humiliation.

“You shagged Liam?” She said in a whisper shout so we wouldn’t be overheard.

“No!” I insisted quickly. “We snogged, for a good amount of time.”

To my surprise, she started laughing. “Sweetie, as a friend, I feel that I need to tell you this.” She reached out and patted my hand. “You’re so stupid.”

I hung my head at the insult. I know I’m stupid. “Gee. Thanks, Ang.”

She just shrugged and sipped her drink. “How was it?”

“It was fine. Until I accidently called him Niall.”

She gasped loudly. The genuine shock on her face wasn’t hard to miss. “What did he do?”

“Oh he didn’t hear it, thank god. But it killed the mood. Then he just stormed out.” I rested my elbows on the surface of the bar and sighed. “I really like Liam, but as a friend.”

Angela laughed again. “I love it when things get dramatic.” She admitted. I rolled my eyes, irritated that Angela wasn’t being more helpful. “So why’d you call him Niall?”

“Well….” I started. “I think its because I think I like Niall.” I finally blurted out.

“Of course you do. I don’t know what it is about fake relationships….but they always turn real. Its like I’m working at a PR firm and running a match making service at the same time!” Angela said with a smile.

“You’re being serious?” I asked incredulously.

“Oh yeah! You’d be surprised. So I don’t blame you. Niall’s cute. I would have thought Liam is more your type.” She said thoughtfully.

“Why?” I asked confused. I couldn’t see myself with Liam at all.

“Well he’s the sweetheart. The nice guy. I would have though you’d go for nice guys. Niall isn’t so nice. He’s kind of an ass. I don’t know why….but he just is. And plus, you’re so stubborn and argumentative and so is Niall. I thought opposite’s attracted.” She told me with a shrug.

“I guess not. And I think Niall is a nice guy…there’s just something getting him down.” I speculated. My thoughts were drawn back to our walk through London a while ago. Him squeezing my hand and smiling at me.

“Oh. I get it! You’re one of those girls!” Angela exclaimed, smacking the bar in front of her triumphantly.

“One of what girls?” I repeated, confused.

“The girl that wants to fix him. You always go for the wounded one.”

“What?” That made no sense. It wasn’t that I wanted to “fix” Niall, I just wanted to know what was wrong with him. He was just this enigma that I was determined to figure out.

“It’s okay. Just don’t be disappointed when he screws you over. Guys never change. Once an asshole, always an asshole!” She proclaimed and held up her empty glass, trying to get the barkeep’s attention. “I say you should find someone else. But don’t break your contract. And do not, under any circumstances, shag Liam.”

***


Hey Marj, Niall got asked about you in an interview. I think you might like it!:) I read Angela’s email curiously. There was a link attached to it. For someone who was against me liking him, she sure seemed enthusiastic.

I clicked the link and it took me to a YouTube clip. I allowed to play and bit my lip nervously. It started with a radio host introducing the boys. They all said hello and they went through the usual questions.

Then the question I’d been dread came up. “Now I’m going to indulge the curious fans of yours. Which ones are single.” The interviewer, a middle-aged woman asked.

Harry and Liam were the only ones to raise their hands. Niall shifted uncomfortably, but kept his hand down. “Niall!” She exclaimed, and he grinned after the faintest flinch passed over his face.

“So you’ve been with your girlfriend, Marjorie Lennox, for a few months now?” She asked excitedly.

“Yep. That’s right.”

“You dated in private for a few months. I find this really interesting. That was like the best kept secret in Britain!” She laughed and so did Niall. No one picked up on it because it wasn’t happening, I thought bitterly.

“We did. For about three months. I wanted to keep it quiet while we were getting to know each other. Once we decided to put a label on it, we took it public.” Niall said, his grin never faltering. He was a pretty good liar.

“If its alright, I just want to focus in on this for a few minutes. There hasn’t been a ton of information on the two of you, just a few pictures here and there. And I know that every one wants the scoop. Before you were dating Marjorie, you were getting a reputation for being a party animal. Would you say that she helped you clean up your act?”

“Yeah. Before we started dating I was a little out of control. I liked to party and go out. I think it was because I didn’t have anything else to do. I was always so stressed out with work, that when I had time I, I went wild to let off steam. Now that I’m with Marjorie, I have something better to do with my time. Hanging out with her is way more fun than the parties. She also provided me a way to give back and has let me go around with her to get people involved with her charity. It makes me feel like I’m doing something important as well as having a chance to interact with more fans. I really feel more grounded now, and I have Marjorie to thank for that.” He said sweetly.

Yeah right. He has a contract to thank for that. I was getting really angry at the things he was saying. How can he talk like he’s so infatuated but not really feel that way! It was so frustrating, especially because I liked him so much.

“Do you like being involved with her charity?” It was so painfully obviously that these questions were supposed to be asked. This stupid interview was just a publicity stunt!

“Absolutely. I think it’s a great cause. Giving people something to care about is so important. And the focus that she puts on young people is really great. She has provided them with some incredible opportunities. I love seeing people making an effort to get involved at make a difference. Its very cool and I’m glad she lets me in on it.” Niall replied.

His smile looked a lot more real. I know the charity work was an aspect of this arrangement that he actually liked. At least there was something he could be honest about.

“What would you say initially drew you to her?”

“Her personality probably. She was so easy going about everything that went on around her; it was hard not to feel comfortable with her. She is also really passionate and she lets it drive everything she does. From our arguments to her charity work, she isn’t afraid to give everything she has and I love that. I love that she is so open.”

My mouth dropped open. I almost couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

The interviewer laughed. “Do you two argue a lot?” She asked and all the boys snickered. I rolled my eyes.

“Every other conversation they have they’re bickering about something!” Louis interjected with a knowing smirk.

“We get each other fired up easily.” Niall offered, earning more laughs from the guys. “But for us, its what keeps things interesting. I always like her more after she blows up at me. I love that we’re comfortable enough around each other to share our irritations and anger as well as the good stuff.”

“Well, I’m sure the fans appreciate that new information. Now, lets talk about your upcoming tour…” She began and I stopped the video. The whole topic was totally a set up, but thinking back on his answers, I couldn’t help but hope that he was being honest.

My phone buzzed on my desk, pulling my out of my thoughts.

Niall Horan: Did you see the interview?

What the hell is going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm...what's going on in that pretty little head of yours niall??? so, theres an update. i finally got the stuff back from my hard drive after it went wacko on me. i've had this ready for like a week! i'm very excited that i can finally post it:)

thoughts on the most recent chapter? i think this is more for set up purposes. so...stay tuned. anything you think will happen or want to happen? feedback would be so awesome!