Status: Things start out sweet but i can guarantee they will have a lot of drama headed their way;)

Stay

Set Up

I remember the night we met like it was yesterday. Keep in mind it was only two years ago, but it was so vivid in my mind. I was an American exchange student in London for a year studying sociology, but more importantly I was trying to make it as an actress in the London scene. It was the day after midterm exams and my roommate Eleanor and I were at a small pub getting drinks after a long day of standardized testing.
“God I needed this.” She said as she leaned against the bar and looked over the crowd of grinding people.
“Tell me about it.” I said as sipped my drink.
“Oh no; there’s a gay guy and a hipster coming in at your left.” She said. I groaned and put my head on the bar. The worst part of being in college and going to college bars was that guys always assumed you were a sorority girl just waiting for the next wet t-shirt contest.
“Is the hipster hot?” I asked not turning away from my spot.
“I’d like to think I am.” A deep voice said from behind me. I internally cursed myself as I turned around to see a tall brunette guy standing behind me. He was wearing black jeans and a beanie with a white t-shirt. “But, then again it’s up to your judgment.” He said. I looked around for Eleanor but she had moved down to the other end of the bar and was chatting up who I presumed was the gay guy. “Can I sit?” he asked.
“Be my guest.” I said. He sat down and ordered a drink and kindly refilled mine. We made small talk for a while and I started talking about school and American things and bands I liked and my friends and family and acting and my goals in my life and all that. He told me about his strange taste in music and movies, his love of cars, how he was on some talent show thing in a boy band. I laughed at him for that and he said it was okay. We were on our third drinks when Eleanor and the gay guy came running up.
“Hey you should come dance with us.” The guy said shaking Harry.
“No that’s alright Louis, you go have fun.”
“Have you met Eleanor? Isn't she pretty? She’s in college that means she’s smart.” Louis said.
“Well isn't that lovely.”
“Hey do you like this one?” Louis asked Harry, throwing an arm around his shoulder pointing at me.
“I do, I think she’s lovely.” Harry said not taking his eyes off mine. I blushed a little and looked over at a clearly drunk Eleanor while the boys continued to talk.
“Do you like him?”
“Yea, he’s nice. I gave him my number. Weird taste in music though.”
“That can be a deal breaker.” She said and I nodded.
“Hey let’s go swimming.” Louis slurred as he threw an arm around Eleanor and an arm around me.
“No, no, no.” Harry and I said at the same time.
“We have class tomorrow at eleven.” I told Eleanor
“We have rehearsal at nine.” Harry told Louis. Our drunken friends both groaned at the same time and I laughed as they started walking out hand- in hand. Harry and I followed them out and they thankfully started walking towards mine Eleanor’s flat.
“So am I ever going to get to see you again?” Harry asked after we ended up on the front stoop of our building after the short walk from the pub.
“I’d like that yea. Do you want my number? Or better yet why don’t you and Louis come over for dinner tomorrow night? I’m sure Eleanor would love it.” I said as I motioned to our friends who were making out very energetically by the bush near the door.
“I’d love that we’ll be here at six.” He said and pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. Surely not the last kiss though.
The next year
For the next year when we were finishing school we were constantly hanging out with Louis and Harry. El and Louis started dating six weeks after they met, but Harry and I decided not to put a label on things. We had sex occasionally, which was something we started at the end of junior year when we were both horny and willing, and kissed when we said hello and goodbye. I got the pass to stay in England when I got an acting job at BBC. Eleanor and I finished school the next year and she moved in with Louis and I moved into a nicer flat on the other side of the town.
Everything was going smoothly. They boys’ career was booming and we couldn't be more proud. Everything was perfect between Harry and I and we were even going to come out as a couple but then I got a phone call that changed everything. My jobs in music videos and short television parts were going well, but one day I got a call for a movie that I couldn't pass up. It was a franchise, and it would change my life. But it was filming in America. I would have to leave and move for seven months. We talked it over, we talked everything over.
“I want to go.” I said after the many awkward moments of silence when I told him. “You’re going to be on tour, so you won’t be here anyway and this could change my life Harry. I need to go.”
“I want you to. I know how much this means to you. I’ll miss you like hell but you need to go. Be with the Americans.” He said and kissed me. “I’ll miss you every day you’re gone and when you get back I’m never letting you leave the country ever again.” And that was that. I left England with most of my life in two suitcases three days later. I got on the plane and looked out the window and the fading England sky. I missed my new home already. Counting down the days until I saw my friends, and my Harry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the opener. Not much happens yet but stay tuned! -Lilly