Temptation

Introductory

Tyler Simpson and Seth Mitchell were in completely separate social classes when it came to who they hung out with, what they did after school, the activities they participated in, etc. The two seventeen year old boys had that much in common; they were both seventeen, both attended Marshall County High School, but to be entirely honest with you—that was about it.

They had different friends, they ate different lunches, they talked differently, they studied differently. You’d never think that a set of guys this polar opposite would ever be best friends let alone lovers in the near future. They led different lives and Seth, being the sort of recluse he was thanks to the drugs, intended to keep it that way.

Tyler has known, or at least had a slight inkling since he was around eleven years old that he was gay. Sure, he was attracted to females to a certain extent; he would tell girls that they were beautiful, go out on little dates that his parents would set him up on in middle school and freshman year of high school. He always attended homecoming with a girl, even planned to attend prom with his best friend, Melissa this year.

Seth on the other hand didn’t attend school dances. Thanks to the drugs he was known about the school as the man whore. He kept to himself and he really didn’t want that to change. On the off chance that he wanted to be active—he would drink with a few school buddies, deface property…wreak havoc so to speak. Seth didn’t have any one best friend like Tyler did—he just didn’t see a benefit from it. Everything Seth did, it was for benefit…so why he ended up doing Tyler, that’s a mystery, a mystery only Seth can solve.

The first day of senior year had started like any other for Tyler Simpson. He had been ‘out of the closet’ as a gay since fifteen, sophomore year. It wasn’t really a secret to anyone that he was “that way,” unless you happened to be a new kid at the school or something. Even then, they took to him like a moth to a flame. Tyler had good re-pore with his teachers, with his friends—girls and guys alike. His friends on the yearbook committee teased him incessantly that he would be voted “Most Liked Senior.” Tyler was skeptical about that, however.

Seth, on the other hand, didn’t have good re-pore with teachers or peers. He was always late to class, lived in the detention hall, and always reeked of marijuana or booze…but his vice was a hidden vice. It wasn’t one that showed easily… the ‘up’ of his vice merely looked like ADHD—which Seth ‘claimed’ to have in order to get more prescription speed. No one of his peers knew of his addiction to cocaine…only his dealer whom is twice his age. Everyone knows he drinks, knows he parties but nobody knows to what extent.

Days continued on in senior year but something began to change in Seth… The cocaine was starting to bring out a side of him that hadn’t been brought out previously. Seth no longer found himself going down to the local strip club and watching girls while being a year underage, he no longer found that…satisfying his sexual appetite. He would watch pornography, any kind to see if it would spark his fascination…and one thing did start to spark it.

Gay sex. Seth being seventeen, he was no novice. He’d lost his virginity at thirteen when he first dabbled with cocaine. Ever since then, he abused women probably as frequently as his Father…Seth’s prime example in his life. Even today, Seth’s Mother isn’t in the picture; she split when he was real young. But Seth’s Father comes home every evening from his own bar of choice and passes out—leaving Seth free reign to do what he pleases when he pleases. Seth has never had a ‘role-model’ that was worth anything a day in his life.

Tyler on the other hand is the son of strict Catholic parents. It had taken them a while to come around to their sons…difference. His…uniqueness. Tyler has since distanced himself somewhat from the church but he is still a firm believer in God and will tell you if you ask him… ‘God made me this way.’ His parents now support him—at least for now anyhow, they may not after they realize who he’s about to get entangled with.

I believe you know enough about our characters now…to really let our story begin…
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 780