Never Say Goodbye

Chapter Three

Kurt felt the blood drain from his face.

"What[i/]?" he whispered, disbelieving.

"He carved your name into his arm," Cooper repeated.

"No... He wouldn't have... He couldn't have..." Kurt was in denial. He slowly started to picture Blaine cutting his name into his arm. Blaine's blood spilled out and dripped down onto the carpeted floor.

"It hurts so much, Kurt, but I had to do it." Blaine's words echoed through his mind. Was that what he was referring to? Carving his name into his skin? "I had to have that piece of you with me." Kurt felt fresh tears spring up in his eyes. Blaine had destroyed his perfect, flawless skin to write his name on his arm?

"Why would he do that?" He finally managed to sputter.

"He didn't want to lose you," Cooper replied, half bitterly, as he took a large swig from the Scotch bottle in his hand.

"I didn't want to lose him either!" Kurt exclaimed, tears rolling freely down his cheeks. "I never thought that he would do something like this!" Kurt sank down to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably. He was gone. Blaine was gone, and this time, he wasn't coming back. There would be no make up kisses like Kurt had planned. Kurt would never again feel the soft touch of Blaine's lips against his. He would never feel the love from the man of his dreams ever again. If Kurt had thought that he was heartbroken before, now his heart was dead, ripped out, smushed, and burnt to ashes. His heart was gone. Blaine had taken it with him.

I guess that you took more of me than you thought, Blaine Warbler, Kurt thought, half bitterly. Are you happy now? Can you see how devastated I am? How will I live without you?

Kurt's thoughts were interrupted by the sudden ringing of a phone. At first, Kurt thought it was his, but then he realized that the sound was coming from Cooper's pocket.

"Are you going to answer that?" Kurt asked, pointing at his pocket. Cooper just shrugged as he took another swig from the bottle.

"Why bother?" Cooper said, his words starting to slur slightly. "What's the point? It won't bring him back."

"It might be your parents," Kurt argued, slowly standing back up. "They need to know about what happened."

"Like they would really care!" Cooper scoffed. "Where were they when Blaine was getting bullied? Where were they when Blaine struggled? Where were they when Blaine cried? Where were they? They were never there! They never cared! All they ever cared about was themselves!"

"They are still his parents!" Kurt argued, trying to take the bottle away from him. Kurt was worried about what Cooper might do if he continued to get even more wasted than he already was. "They have the right to know!"

"They have no right!" Cooper yelled, continuing to wrestle Kurt for the bottle. "They never knew how broken he was! They never knew what he had to go through! They never knew anything! Because they didn't want to know!"

The ringing had stopped halfway through his rant, but now it suddenly started to ring again.

"What?!" Cooper demanded, his words half slurred, as he whipped his phone out and put it up to his ear.

"What?" He repeated, but this time more softly, almost startled, disbelieving. "A-Are you sure? Yes. Yes, of course. I'll be right there." He hung up the phone and looked at Kurt, his eyebrows knit in confusion and shock.

"Kurt," he said softly, looking at the younger boy. "He's alive. Blaine's alive."