For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

The Best Is Yet To Come

Kier's P.O.V

I half walked half stumbled through the streets back to my flat, I cant believe this has happened ugh. Lauren would have a boyfriend, why didn’t she tell me? Because would you really of gone out with someone who had a boyfriend? No. Ugh this is all Drew’s fault if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be drunk right now, and Laurens boyfriend wouldn’t know I existed and I wouldn’t know he existed.

Dammit why does Drew even to have to like me like that? I don’t like him like that at all, no no never I like girls not guys especially not guys who are one of my best friends. Ugh this will be so awkward, I’m just going to blame it on Drew as its his fault for liking me. Even though Kier really you know you can’t help who you like. Shut up, this is all Drew’s fault end of and I shall tell him that.

By now I had somehow gotten to outside the building that held our flat inside, I opened the door safely without tripping over something somehow. Maybe I’m not as drunk as I think? Or maybe I am. Probably am. I got to the door of our flat to realize I didn’t bring my keys. What a genius. I guess I could sit on the floor and wait until someone randomly opens the door. Or you could just knock like anyone else would? Okay so the knocking thing sounds better…

I knocked on the door loud enough that it probably sounded like there was an angry woodpecker at the door and not a human being. Finally after what felt like hours of waiting an annoyed looking Laurence opened the door.

‘Laurence!’ I slurred as I stepped inside to see Luke sitting on the sofa and Shane standing there not looking too happy.

‘Where have you been? Why did you just randomly leave?!’ Laurence asked me almost straight away.
‘I went to Laurens and the pub’ I smiled.

Laurence rolled his eyes at me, ‘I can tell as much. You didn’t have sex with her did you?’

‘No need to be mean, no I didn’t I would of but someone interrupted’ I pouted.

‘What about Drew?!’

‘What about him?’

So he knows what happened. Great thanks Drew for that like I wanted people to know. Great.

‘You kissed him then went off to have sex with some girl before telling Drew whether you liked him or not?’

So he told him everything? Jesus is nothing private anymore? I know Laurence is my closest friend probably but still, not something he needs to know.

‘No no no. I did kiss him. I don’t know why though’

‘You don’t like him?’

I shook my head, I could feel myself starting to get angry again.

‘I like girls Laurence. Not guys. Never guys. I don’t know why I did it but Drew’s just going to have to get over his crush on me or whatever. ‘

‘You know how much he likes you right and that kiss probably didn’t help?’

‘I don’t care. That’s never going to happen again. Drew and I can still be friends but nothing more. Just I cant believe I kissed him’

‘So you kiss him, and run away without having the guts to say you don’t like him?’ Shane interrupted.
‘I wasn’t thinking straight. I hope he gets I don’t want to be with him’

I probably shouldn’t of said that, not in front of Drew’s bestfriend anyway. Especially when there’s a massive possibility Drew is in the next room. Oh well, if he hears this he hears this it’s not my problem.

‘You’re so fucking lucky hes asleep right now. If he heard this I swear to god. I really hope it just the alcohol talking’

Again it’s not my problem. Not my fault Drew likes me.
‘I really don’t care if he hears me’

Oh shit. Probably shouldn’t of said that.

Drew’s P.O.V
He doesn’t like me. He never did and never will. He probably fucking hates me too. I would. Dammit Drew why couldn’t you just keep your mouth shut for once and just get on with it? I mean sure he would never know but least you would still have him as a friend. He didn’t even care, how much it hurt me to hear him say that. I hope he isn’t even more angry that the others found out because he doesn’t seem to be very happy over the fact he kissed me.

The door slightly opened to reveal Shane standing there with an angry turned shock expression on his face.

‘You heard every word of that didn’t you?’ He asked not even trying to cover up what I just heard.

I nodded sadly not looking directly in his eyes as if that will help me stop silently crying.

He walked over to where I was sitting sat down beside me and gave me a bear hug.

‘I swear it was just the alcohol talking we will get a proper explanation tomorrow’

‘No need. He probably hates me’

He just pulled me closer to him as if trying to comfort me.

‘He has no reason to hate you.’

I shook my head in disagreement with him not wanting to talk anymore just in case my tears turned into sobs.

‘I swear to god, tomorrow I’m going to fucking kill him he had no right’

No no no Shane don’t no. He had a right to say everything he said even if it did hurt a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long and dialoguey but you should be used to that by now. HERE YA GO