For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

Ignorance

Three months later

Laurence's point of view

Three months. Three whole fucking months and those two still aren't fucking talking. This is madness, absolute madness. We were a few dates into the FVK/Yashin tour (what an odd mix, but the fans weren't exactly complaining so) and I've never felt more awkward in my life. It's more awkward now than what it was back in the flat, at least then Kier and Drew went about and did their own things during the day and easily avoided each other; now, now however the five of us were cramped into a small van and basically saw each other 24/7, there was no way of avoiding each other at all.

Shane was still pissed off with Kier too, not to the same extent as what he had been though, now he was actually talking to him like a proper, civilised human being, not as much as beforehand though. I swear to god this whole thing is going to tear the five of us apart - I mean, I can't exactly take sides in the matter, but Kier is my best friend, I'm closer to him than any of the others so obviously I'm going to lean further towards his side even if it is slightly subconscious.

That didn't mean I didn't feel so bad for Drew, it's been so obvious for so long that he'd developed feelings for Kier, he really did like him a lot; even now, after he's been left for three months to think over what Kier had said and what Kier had done and he'd had three whole months to have it tear him apart from the inside out. Again, it's obvious that that's what had been happening, poor Drew has just been growing quieter and quieter as the days passed. Now you'd be lucky if you got a whole sentence out of him.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Kier giggled, prodding my shoulder with his index finger.

I smiled at him, pushing my glasses up on my nose subconsciously as I shrugged, "just stuff."

"Stuff like whaaaat?" Kier pouted, nosey little cunt.

"Just stuff," I repeated, there wasn't much else to it, I mean if I told him I was thinking about how I could practically see Drew falling apart at the seems from where I sat on the opposite side of the room, he'd just roll his eyes and stop telling me to be so stupid. Sometimes I wondered if he was in denial, other times I wondered if he really was that stupid that he couldn't see it.

"That's not an answer," he pointed out, sighing. He gave up after that though as some of the Yashin boys came through the door of the dressing room thing place yeah, all of them grinning and laughing. Kier jumped to his feet immediately, eager to get in on whatever it was they were talking about. That's all he's been like since the tour started, he hasn't been ignoring us exactly, but any chance he gets to be away from us... I don't know, it kind of sucks.

I looked around the small room, all that was in here was a pair of sofas and a small table; the table was littered with empty pizza boxes and the sofas were for the most part unoccupied, regardless of the fact there was something like ten guys in this one room. My gaze caught Drew's and I smiled sympathetically at him, he returned the smile, but his wasn't as strong, like he wasn't there entirely.

-

That whole 'not there entirely' thing continued on the rest of the night, straight through our set. Kier was stood at the front of the stage, belting out the lyrics to Bow Ties On Dead Guys, and I took this as an opportunity to make my way over to Drew. I continued to play my notes on the guitar, making sure I didn't miss a note, but at the same time I managed to spark up a conversation.

Drew was just standing in front of the microphone, plucking the strings on his bass half-heartedly. In fact, not once did he look up at the crowd. "Drew," I said, loud enough for him to hear, but not loud enough for the microphone to pick up. He glanced over at me, raising an eyebrow. "Smile, kid," I smiled at him, but he didn't smile back, he instead just let his eyes fall to his bass again before shrugging his shoulders.

I'm not gonna lie, that was the only conversation I ever got out of him, so none at all really. It really did suck and I swear to god if he gets any worse I'm going to....um.... run the van over Kier's foot. That'll teach him, ha.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Drew :c

I love Laurence too much omfg.

title - Paramore yay