For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

Time For You To Stand Up

Harry’s P.O.V

I glanced across the room to see Drew sitting there resting his head in his hands. I bet he is upset or at least acting like he is because of the whole Kier thing. I looked around the room to look for Kier or someone else who could potentially get angry about what I am about to do. Even though the rest of Fearless Vampire Killers bar Kier agreed to this, as I think they either want Drew to be happy again or for Kier and Drew to get together because that would actually be the cutest thing ever. I got up from my seat and made my way across the room to where Drew was sitting, where I sat down next to him. He looked up as he probably felt me sit down next to him. I mean you normally do realize when someone is sitting next to you.

‘Oh. Hey Harry’

‘Hey, are you alright? Kevin told me what happened. I’m sorry’

‘I thought he would, yeah fine it’s not like I really like him or anything’ he mumbled I could just about hear it.
Right Kier and Drew are getting together or at least talking again. I mean look what it’s doing to the kid. I would be exactly the same if it was about Kev.

‘I’m sorry. You actually didn’t do anything to deserve this.’

‘I did. I shouldn’t have told him. Then maybe he wouldn’t hate me’

Kevin told me about this. Drew is blaming himself for the fact that he likes Kier, and he shouldn’t have told him at all. Then Kier wouldn’t of said what he said and they would still be friends. This kid needs to stop blaming himself.

‘Are you kidding me?! It’s not your fault. Kier should of apologized ages ago when Laurence and Shane both told him what he said’.
‘That wasn’t his fault. He was drunk he didn’t really know what he was saying. Plus he didn’t want me to hear it’

He is defending him like he has done nothing wrong. Wow he must really like him. Like a lot. Just why does Kier have to be such a dick about it. I really want to hug him. Apparently he’s just gotten progressively worse and won’t even talk to Kier anymore. Not that Kier is trying. Ugh.

‘Don’t defend him! What he said was horrible and you shouldn’t have to hear it especially as he said it after he kissed you.’

I really hope I do manage to get through to Drew, this was meant to be the easy part. God Kevin must be having trouble with Kier.

Kier’s P.O.V
Apparently Kevin wanted to talk to me according to Laurence. I wonder why. Just then I saw none other than Kevin Miles sitting on the step probably waiting for me. I walked over to him still wondering what he wants sitting down next to him.

‘So what happened with Drew?’ he asked straight away.

Well that was quick to get out. I know he already knows after the almost encounter in the dressing room. Why does he want to know again?

‘I know you know what already happened.’

‘I do. But I want to know what happened on your side of the story. I have only heard Drew’s and an angry Shane’s.’

I knew it. Shane would still be angry about this, but why? I mean Drew barely has a reason to be upset. It’s not like he heard anything. I hope. I mean I know Shane and Laurence said he did but they were probably trying to make me feel guilty and apologize.

‘Fine, just don’t get angry at me like Shane did’

With that I told him everything that had happened over the past three months. Every little detail and he listened. He did look like he didn’t approve in some parts though.

‘You do know Drew did actually hear you right?’

He has to be joking.

‘He didn’t. He couldn’t have’

‘He did. He told me himself and so did Shane.’

No wonder Drew has been avoiding me. I can barely remember what I said but what Laurence told me I said well I sound like a right cunt. There is no point apologizing now though is there?
‘Really? But why is he still upset over it?’

‘Not sure if you realize but he really likes you. Like a lot. You shouldn’t of walked off after you kissed him.’
Well that makes me feel shit.

‘So what are you doing to do about it?’

Is there anything I can do I mean I don’t actually like him. I do just not in the way he likes me but he is cute and adorable. Any guy would be lucky to have him. Just I feel like kind of a dick now.
‘I can’t do anything. I don’t like him like that.’

‘Sit down and talk to him about it. Try to help him through it and just stay friends with him?’

Well that is going to be awkward.

‘I guess I can try.’

‘Speaking of that. Laurence told me to tell you that you have soundcheck at three which is just about now. We will continue this conversation later.’

I got up from the step to rush inside the venue.

‘Thank you’ I called to Kevin who was behind me now.

Once I was in the actual venue hall thing we were playing tonight, I couldn’t see any of my band mates in there. Apart from one. Drew. Who was sitting on the stage looking kind of lost. The words of Kevin still going round my head. Maybe I can talk to him now?

Drew looked up to see me standing there, he looked kind of scared now he noticed me I guess. Well I was a dick to him. He got up from the side of the stage where he was sitting making his way to the nearest exit.

‘Drew. Wait a minute.’

I really hope I don’t regret this.
♠ ♠ ♠
HERE YOU GO GUYS HOPE YOU LIKE IT