For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

Hello Cold World

Shane’s point of view

Oh man, oh man oh man oh man were Kier and Drew adorable. Almost a whole week after Kier had asked them out and they were still basically attached at the hip, Drew was practically in a daze, and Kier was just going along with whatever Drew did. They were cute, but the complete loss-of-knowing as to what to do that surrounded Kier made me think about whether he did actually like my best friend or not.

I hope he does, because it would absolutely crush Drew if he thought that Kier didn’t like him back. He didn’t talk for like three months because of it last time! Not that he’s really talking to the rest of us much anyway, he’s just talking to Kier. Laurence and Luke and I though barely get a word out of him still.

“Look at them,” Laurence mocked disgust as he collapsed onto the empty plastic chair beside me. I shifted my guitar in my lap so the neck of it wasn’t digging into his side as I tuned it. He was looking over at the other side of the room where Kier and Drew were, cuddling and pecking each other’s lips and cheeks and noses and foreheads and ew. “Bit PDA, don’t you think?”

“Definitely,” I joked, lowering my voice to a whisper, “I dunno, I think they’re cute.”

“Same,” Laurence chuckled, “but they’re probably going to get really annoying. We’ve got another two months of this! And tell me, have you been able to talk to either of them at all?”

I shook my head, knowing that he was completely right; I hadn’t talked to my best friend properly in an entire week and I’m pretty sure Laurence was having a similar dilemma. They are going to get really annoying aren’t they? Hopefully not so annoying that I want to claw my eyeballs out though, I dread to think it’d get that far.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer,” Kier called over to us, snapping me out of my half-daydream. I realised that both Laurence and I had been staring at them still, obviously making them uncomfortable.

“If we take our eyes off you for even a second you’ll probably start fucking, so no,” Laurence shot back, a smile on his face which told me that he wasn’t being serious at all. Kier said something back to him, but I’d already gotten bored of the conversation; my head fell back onto the brick wall behind me and I glanced out the window to the left.

The windowsill outside was lined with a thin layer of white ice and there were very small, white, fluffy crystal-shapes floating down from the sky above. It had started to snow! Well, it was nearly three-quarters of the way through December after all in the middle of Britain, the snow wasn’t that surprising.

That’s when it hit me though… it was nearly the end of December… it was nearly…

“Christmas!!” I suddenly exclaimed, every pair of eyes in the room snapping to me, “it’s almost Christmas! Oh my god!”

“Shit…” Luke groaned, “I haven’t bought anything!”

“Me neither,” I began to nibble on my bottom lip, exchanging a glance with my best friend across the room. Even with his arms wrapped tightly around Kier, he was still extremely quiet – well I guess after three months of barely talking, it takes a while to grow out of. Even though he’s talking to Kier fine, oh god what if he starts ignoring the rest of us? I hope that doesn’t happen.

“Don’t worry lads,” someone at the door clapped their hands together, catching all our attention. Dave and Andy from Yashin were standing there with grins on their faces and Santa hats on their heads, “we have plans for Christmas on the road, no worries.”

Laurence began to speak, “Well that’s go-“ before he was cut off by a small, white ball was hurled towards his face and shattered against his nose. He looked down in astonishment at the remnants of the snow on his lap before a smirk crossed his face, “oh it’s on.”

He jumped to his feet and chased the pair out of the room, Luke and I following closely behind, not wanting to miss a single moment of what was sure to be a snowball war.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh man this is shit. Bit of a filler like but yay.

lads

Title - Paramore