For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

The Dilemma

Drew’s point of view

What do I get Kier? What the fuck do I get Kier for Christmas oh my god. I’m so shit at buying presents, I’ve known that guy since we were teenagers and I still have no idea whatsoever. He said not to bother because he know I was pretty much skint and he’d be fine without and I had to buy a present for Connor seeing as there was that whole secret-santa-thing but no I have to get him something.

I groaned internally as my eyes scanned the shelves of the large 24-hour Tesco I was standing in. I’m pretty sure that apart from the employees, I was the only one standing in the vast room. To be fair, it was four in the morning. Hey, I had no other time in the day to go and buy him a present, we had today off anyway so we weren’t driving overnight or anything.

My feet walked briskly through the shop, taking me past all the food to the very back where all the computer games, CDs, DVDs and toys were. I desperately searched my mind for any idea whatsoever – I needed to get Connor something while I was here too, I had a very vague idea of what to get him though from what I’ve seen people on twitter talk about anyway. People like to laugh at poor Connor, I had no idea why though, pffft none at all.

I walked through the CD aisle on my way to the very back, quickly glancing at the racks as I reached the end of it, when I just so happened to see the white case, the explosion of colour in the middle. I’d heard Connor was a You Me At Six fangirl, but hopefully he didn’t have this. I grinned, picking up the copy of Take Off Your Colours as I passed and then continued on my way.

What the fuck do I get Kier? I suppose I could get him orange foundation and hair straighteners and an ‘it’s okay to be gay’ card but I don’t know if he’d be too pleased with that – personally I think it’s a brilliant idea, but he may not see the funny side.

Twenty minutes of looking later and I was ready to give up, when out of the corner of my eye, I just happened to spot the most amazingly perfect idea. It was hidden behind loads of Barbie dolls or whatever, obviously someone had thought it was a good idea too and tried to hide it for themselves, but I am just so glad I’d found it. I couldn’t help but let a smile spread across my face; my boyfriend was going to fucking love me.

-

I held my breath as I slowly closed the van door, being careful not to wake any of my friends. The last thing I needed was an interrogation as to what I was doing out at this time of the morning. So I tucked the plastic Tesco bag underneath the bag I kept all my clothes in, peeled off my shoes, jacket and jeans and crawled into the space where Kier was lying.

He seemed to be out cold, which was good, hopefully I didn’t wake him as I nestled into his chest, trying to get comfy so I could sleep again. I yawned and closed my eyes over, all ready to sleep.

I think, it was maybe like what, thirty seconds before I was woken up again? Well, that’s what it seemed like anyway before a very heavy weight landed on top of me. “DREEEEEEEEEEEEW!” I heard Kier giggled as his fingertips found their way to my sides. I let out a very embarrassing, high-pitched squeal as he tickled me, my eyes shooting open and I bolted upright.

“Fuck you!” I gasped and punched his chest (not very hard though).

He pouted at me, prodding my shoulder with his finger, “what’s gotten into you Mr Grumpy-drawers?”

“I’m tired, I was up until like, 5am,” I yawned and rolled my eyes, falling back onto the ground again so I could sleep, “let me go back to sleep.”

“No,” he grinned, leaning forward as he connected our lips together, “stop being a pensioner! It’s our day off and there’s snow outside and-“

I groaned, trying to roll over into the pillow, but the fact he was sitting on top of me kind of stopped that. “But I-“

“Snow, day off, come on,” he grabbed my hand and jumped up, trying to pull me up with him, but I just lay where I was, refusing to move. “Fine Mr Grumpy,” he huffed, using his apparent new nickname for me again, “I’m going outside, where Harry is going to be, shirtless, soaking wet... I mean he did lose a bet but- just know I’ll be drooling all over him and not you.”

No, not today Kemp, that is not going to work today. Although….I don’t really like the idea of him ‘drooling’ over someone that’s not me. I sighed in defeat and sat up slowly, trying to ignore his laughter. God damn I hate him so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the wait, here you go :L

#filler#filler#filler