For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

YDG?!

Kier's point of view

"DON'T CRY, WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES FROM TIME TO TIME," I sang along to my ipod at the top of my lungs as I sat on the kitchen counter, waiting for the kettle to boil. I swung my legs back and forth, shaking my fringe from side to side as I sang, "UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME, BEING ME WAS MINE."

Just as I finished the last line of the chorus to Another Sad Song by Lower Than Atlantis (don't judge me okay, they're fantastic! Sometimes people judge me for my musical choices. 'People' being Luke. Just because it's not Metallica, god), the kettle came to a boil. I grinned and jumped down from the counter, spinning around in the small kitchen unit of the apartment as I picked up a mug and some sugar, lifting the milk from the fridge.

I was in a very good mood today if you hadn't noticed, I didn't know what it was. Normally after tour I'm a wreck; don't get me wrong though, I absolutely adore touring and all that shit but it's tiring you know? Right now though I was so happy and...excited almost, except I had nothing to be excited over. I don't know maybe I'm just going crazy.

I was just about to launch into the chorus again as I added three spoonfuls of sugar to my coffee (I know I'm fat shut up I like sugar ok?), but before I got to even open my mouth again I felt a pair of arms wrap securely around my waist. I let out a squeal, feeling myself being lifted off the ground and thrown over someone's shoulder.

"PUT ME DOWN!" I screamed, punching their back; I couldn't help but laugh though.

"Not until you shut up," Laurence laughed back at me as be began to walk back into the living room. I continued to punch his back, looking around for anything that could help me. Luke wasn't going to help, bastard was just sitting there laughing.

That was when the door opened though and Shane and Drew stepped in, guitar cases in hand. They both looked amused as they laid red-rimmed eyes on us; Drew's however didn't look like makeup he'd left on from the previous night at all. My poor Drew! I wonder what's happened to him! I shall cheer him up when I get down.

"HELP MEEE!" I pleaded them as Laurence kept walking across the apartment to where the bedrooms were. "HE'S GOING TO TAKE ME TO THE BEDROOM AND HAVE HIS WAY WITH MEEEE!!"

"Better you than us!" Shane smiled sweetly as he walked towards the sofa, Drew in tow. They both set their guitar cases down before sitting on the battered sofa, not taking their eyes off us for a second.

I stuck my tongue out at Shane, asshole. He needs to help me I'm going to be raped! I struggled in Laurence's arms, trying to pull myself free; it wasn't working though, so I reached up and grabbed a fistful of his hair, tugging on it harshly.

"OW!" Laurence cried and dropped me immediately, causing me to hit my head off the corner of the coffee table as I fell to the ground.

I groaned, squinting my eyes as I reached up to the back of my head where I'd clipped it. I couldn't feel any blood or anything but it was incredibly painful. Owwww....

"Shit!" Laurence swore as he dropped down beside me, "are you okay?! Shit Kier I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," I laughed, opening my eyes fully and looking around again. Luke and Shane had lost interest completely, having been distracted by Scuzz TV; Drew however was looking at us with wide, bloodshot eyes. He really did look upset, I wonder why he'd been crying. He's not allowed to be upset! He's my little Drew, he's like a puppy that needs protecting! ....Did I just compare my friend to a puppy? Sometimes I worry about myself. You'd swear I was a flaming homo with the stuff I came off with sometimes.

"Okay!" Laurence grinned before jumping up again, "so shut up and stop singing you're giving me a headache."

I pouted at him, I could sing if I damn well pleased! "DON'T CRY!" I screamed, "WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES FROM TIME TO TIME! UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME, BEING ME WAS M- my coffee!"

I pulled myself up from the floor and bounced back over to the kitchen where thankfully my coffee was still steaming. YAY!

Kier are you sure you're not a flaming homo?

I stirred the sugar in my drink quickly before turning around with it and walking quickly over to the sofa, plopping myself down between Drew and Shane. AND THE COCKBLOCK AWARD GOES TO KIER KEMP! AHHH, YOU HEAR THE SCREAMING FANS? AHHHH.

I think I need help. I laughed at myself, earning a glance from Drew. "What?" he laughed back at me, a pink tinge to his cheeks. Was it warm in here or something? I wasn't warm. Then again I was only in my boxers and a t-shirt.

"I think I'm going crazy, Drew," I laughed, scratching the back of my neck. Yes, going crazy. Going.
♠ ♠ ♠
I....don't know.

title - Of Mice & Men