For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

What Separates Me From You

Kier's point of view

I groaned in annoyance as I felt a heavy weight fall ontop of me. I rolled over underneath it, my eyes cracking open so I could see what cruel fate had woken me up. Of course, sitting there straddling me, was Laurence. Fucking wanker.

"What do you want?" I huffed, running my hand down my face and wincing slightly as the skin of my hand caught on the long stubble. I was in desperate need of a shave. Clearly sensing that I wasn't fully awake though, Laurence grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me violently yet playfully (that happens okay I'm not crazy).

"Wake uuup, lazy bones!" he laughed, "we have an interview today!"

"Piss off," I retorted, "why? Why so early in the morning? No one's ever taken an interest in us before, why now at this ungodly hour of-"

"half past two in the afternoon," Laurence chuckled before he climbed off me and stood up. He was already completely dressed, even if it only was in a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt, but he was ready to go and I wasn't even fully awake and functioning yet. "Come oooon, Kier! This could be our big break! We could be world famous and-"

"Okay okay!" I yawned, pulling myself up into a sitting position as I swung my legs over the side of the bed. I was just in a pair of boxers, seeing as Laurence wouldn't let me sleep naked - this brings me back to the fact he is a fucking wanker. "I'm up!"

-

An hour later

Laurence parked the car outside a tall, old-looking building. I had no idea where we were, I hadn't even bothered to ask who the interview was with; although I had a good idea, I mean surely it's very predictable that it's going to be Kerrang! magazine, yeah?

"Hey, who's the interview actually with?" I asked as we both climbed out of the door and made our way into the building.

Laurence looked over at me, raising his eyebrow as he pointed to one of the large, red signs on the wall just as we walked in through the main doors. Do I get a prize for correctly guessing that the interview was indeed with Kerrang!? Hmm... I want a prize, an edible prize. I haven't eaten today, okay? I know food is always on my mind but I fucking love food...

We approached the lone desk in the middle of the main room; there was a single man sitting behind a computer, looking very engrossed with whatever was on the screen. We stood there awkwardly for a few moments before I cleared my throat in attempt to get his attention. He didn't look up for a good few seconds more, "can I help you?" he asked, still half paying attention to the computer.

"Uh yeah," I smiled, "we're here for an interview with Kerrang!?"

"Oh," he rolled his eyes, "just go upstairs. Floor four, someone there'll help you I'm sure."

And with that he looked back down at his computer, back to ignoring us again. How polite of him. Laurence sighed, mimicking his eye-roll before taking my wrist and tugging me along to the lift at the other side of the room.

Once we were inside the lift and the doors were closed, Laurence turned to me, his expression serious yet concerned. "Kier, do you know...um... did something happen between you and Drew?"

I rose my eyebrow at him, "no?" I laughed, my response coming out more of a question than an answer, "no, why?"

"Oh," he cast his eyes down to the floor, "no he just seems really off lately. I'm kind of worried."

"Same," I nodded in agreement just as the doors opened again, revealing a floor that looked scarily similar to that of the ground floor. Just one room with a lone desk in the middle; this room however had multiple doors, probably leading to different...offices, or whatever. I have no idea.

As soon as we stepped out of the lift, we were greeted with a feminine, yet deep voice, "oh, there you are!" they laughed. I looked around the room, not seeing anyone until my eyes rested on one of the doors at the far end of the room. There was a girl standing there, smiling at us, "you must be...uh...Fearless Vampire Killers, right?"

I nodded, feeling myself being tugged forwards again by Laurence. God you'd think that he thought I didn't know how to walk myself. "Yeah, that's us," he laughed as we reached her.

"Cool, I'm Lauren," her smile grew wider as she extended a thin hand towards us. I took it immediately, shaking it.

"Kier," I replied. Damn she was pretty; she was quite tall, maybe about 5'8"? Her hair was a deep black colour, almost purple under the lighting of the room, falling down to just above her waist. Her eyes were a bright green colour and her nose was dotted with freckles, her wide smile pierced with a pair of spiderbite rings.

"Oh god, here we go again," Laurence laughed, pulling my hand away from Lauren's, "so, interview! Yeah?"

"Yeah," I mumbled, my voice barely above a whisper. I couldn't take my eyes off this girl, she really was beautiful, oh my god.
♠ ♠ ♠
BUT WHAT ABOUT DREW? SILLY.

I contemplated putting me in here instead of Lauren if we're being honest here but self-inserts are baaaaad things, people.

title - A Day To Remember