For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

In The Mourning

Drew's point of view

I yawned, my eyes slowly opening as I woke up. I had no idea what time it was or how long I'd been sleeping, but the dim light filtering in through the blinds told me that it was only early morning or something like that. I brought my hand up to my eyes, rubbing away some of the crusted dry tears from under them; ew, had I cried a lot last night? Probably, I'm such a baby like that.

I looked over to my left, expecting to see Shane sleeping there, but his side of the bed was empty. Sitting on top of the duvet though, eyes closed over, was none other than Kier. His arm was draped lazily over my waist and his face was buried into my shoulder - how the hell did I not notice him until now? I have no idea, not that I'm complaining anyway.

That's when I remembered the events of the previous night. I'd had another one of my nightmares, I was prone to having nightmares most nights not gonna lie there, but normally Shane was the one that calmed me down again. Last night he didn't even wake up...and then.... Kier came in? Yes, yes Kier came in and hugged me and I stopped crying and fell asleep. Why had he even been awake? I can't remember, I think I fell asleep before he got a chance to say. Oops.

I lay there for a little while longer, a smile on my face as I tried to cherish these few moments I had cuddled with Kier before I had to get up. I knew that when he woke up he was going to move away instantly; he was a very...clingy person, yes - always looking for attention and hugging people and cuddling with them. Never me though, mostly Laurence if it was anyone here but that's not really surprising, those two are the closest best friends I have ever seen in my life. Well no, I suppose Shane and I are kind of like that.

Do you ever feel bad for Luke sometimes? Ha, fucking loner. Nonono I love him really!

Sighing, I eventually pulled myself out of bed, careful that I didn't wake Kier as I did so before tiptoeing my way out of the room and into the living room where Laurence, Shane and Luke were already sitting wide awake. My eyes glanced up at the clock on the wall, 1:15pm - okay maybe it wasn't early morning then.

"Morning," Shane said sarcastically, a smirk on his face.

I felt my cheeks heat up as the three sets of eyes fell on me. "What?" I laughed uneasily.

"Have a good night?" Laurence chuckled, his gaze drifting over my shoulder back to where Kier was still sleeping. Ohhhh....

"No, actually," I said matter-of-factly before walking round to the front of the sofa and collapsing down on top of it between Shane and Luke. I lowered my voice to a whisper, intended for only Shane to hear, but the others probably heard anyway, "I was having nightmares again."

"Again?" Shane frowned, "why didn't you wake me?"

I shrugged, my eyes falling to my lap. He seemed like he was sleeping well enough. I didn't really want to wake him. Plus Kier came in almost as soon as I'd woken up anyway, so...

"Because he had me! Obviously!" I heard a voice laugh from beside me, I looked over to the door to see Kier standing there; his hair was a mess and his eyes were squinted with sleep, his voice was low and hoarse, literally liked he'd just woken up this second. That topped with the cutest smile ever... Gah, he needs to stop with the adorable.

"Ah," Luke chuckled, "so did you have a good night, Mr Kemp?"

"Why yes!" Kier grinned, skipping (yes, skipping) over to the arm chair in which Laurence was sitting. He sat down on top of him, almost making him spill his tea all over the both of them.

"Didn't get her pregnant or anything?" Laurence joked regardless of his almost-spilt tea.

"Of course not!" Kier gasped, placing a hand over his heart, "never again, I mean after last time when I got you pregnant...."

"You're not a very good mother," Laurence pouted, adjusting the glasses that were falling down his nose.

"I think you'll find that you are the mother," Kier grinned, throwing his arms around his neck. I told you, those two are the clingiest of the clingy.

But....rewind a minute. Her? Who's 'her'?

I felt Shane's eyes fall on me, he seemed alarmed as he tensed beside me. "Who's...who's her?" I asked, more to myself than anything.

"Oh!" Kier exclaimed suddenly, "that's right! I had a date last night, 'her' being Lauren. She's great! You'll love her, Drew! Honestly. You all will! She's really nice."

Oh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realised that Lauren is the girl version of the name Laurence THAT WASN'T INTENDED OK I NEEDED A NAME SO I LOOKED AT THE NAME OF THE FIRST PERSON THAT CAME UP ON MY FACEBOOK FEED....

Poor Drew D:

title - Paramore c: