Status: The more you comment the more I'll update. 1 Comment = One chapter

Learning to Walk

I'm Writing This Letter

Gerard Way walked over to the large double doors leading into the college's main building. He walked through the crowded corridors and headed to the Library. The halls had never seemed so small and enclosed to him before, there had never seemed to be this many people. He brushed his long black hair behind his ears and made his way up the stairs.

As soon as he reached his destination, he heard a loud crash from behind the Library door. Gerard swung it open and saw his, bewildered looking, best friend sitting on the floor. Surrounding him were books of all shapes and sizes. Gerard couldn't help but laugh. Just imagine the image, a small dark haired boy sitting on the floor looking terrified and chewing on his lip piercing.

Gerard began to help him gather all of the books off the ground and put them back into their original places. "Jesus, Frank! Only you could cause chaos in the Library first day back," Gerard whispered. Frank laughed earning a glare off the elderly Librarian and some of the other students.
"Shut up, Geetard," Franks face turned into a heated blush. He pointed to the top shelf where the book he was reaching for lay. Gerard chuckled and pulled it down to hand it to Frank.
"You're lucky you have me around," Gerard teased.

Frank definitely agreed. Gerard sat down at a table and pulled out a pen and two pieces of paper, one was littered with words and phrases. The other was a well structured paragraph.
"Whatcha doing?" Frank smiled and looked over.
"Writing to my brother, you know he gets stressed if I don't write often enough," Frank nodded and opened his book.
"How are the family?" Frank asked.
"Good enough," Gerard shrugged. "They like it over here, they visited this summer and I struggled to get them to leave. It was horrific. Mikey literally clung to my leg begging me not to make him go," Frank laughed imagining the scenario.
"Funnily enough that's not hard to believe.

The Librarian soon made her way over and forced the two boys out. Gerard was crumpled over laughing whilst being dragged away by Frank. Once calming down he finally managed to speak.
"Frankie, how was your summer?" Gerard grinned.
"Fine, it's always nice going back to Jersey, shame we couldn't be together for this one, how come your parents came over here anyway?" Gerard shrugged in response before giving a proper answer.
"I don't know, I think it was mainly Mikey's doing. Sorry I couldn't get back to the flat last night, I got tied up at work," Frank sighed.

Secretly he wished Gerard had more time to spend with him. Frank had truly missed Gerard more than anything this summer. Usually the two of them travelled back to New Jersey with each other, this summer was different, Gerard had only just got a job and had to stay in England to kiss his managers ass. It was only bar work but it paid well, and it kept the pair of them in their flat.

"How was it? Working all summer. All work and no play makes a dull person even fucking duller," Frank declared. Gerard snorted out a laugh and half hugged his friend.
"Good job I'm not a dull person," He shrugged.
"Far from it," Frank muttered.
"Why are there so many people around today!?" Gerard growled at someone who had been staring at him for a while now.
"Gee, it's the first day back, new students?" Frank offered smirking as Gerard growled. He had to admit it was pretty fucking sexy.

If you haven't guessed it by now, yes, Frank has a crush on Gerard. Also, Gerard will never know... Well, kinda. He knows about Franks sexuality but has no idea who he's crushing on.
"So, Frankie?" Frank looked up at Gerard. "What classes are you taking this year? Anything new?" Frank shrugged.
"Pretty much the same. Music, Art and History... Oh and I'm taking Photography AS level. You?" Gerard shook his head.
"Same as last year. Music, English Language and Art." Frank nodded and led the way to the front gates.

There was still the time for one last cigarette before the first class of the year began. Frank lit his cancer stick and blew the smoke into Gerard's face. Gerard rolled his eyes and turned off his cell phone.
"What you got first, Frankie?" Gerard smiled.
"Um... Photography... I think," Frank grinned. He was happy with that, might as well get the introduction over and done with. Frank only knew one person in Photography this year. Ian Watkins.

Frank spent his time watching the new people flutter through the gates, when he saw a familiar flash of jet black hair he jumped. Frank jumped and put out his cigarette. "WATKINS!" Ian turned and walked in their direction.

Gerard scowled and folded his arms. He wrapped his arms around Franks torso from behind causing the shorter one to squirm and sigh in annoyance. "But Fraaannkkiiieee, I looovvveee yooooouuu!" Gerard giggled and freed the shorter boy. Frank rolled his eyes as Ian reached them.
"Hey Frank, Hey Gee," He smiled and waved at the pair. "You guys okay?" Both Gerard and Frank nodded. "What did you want Frank?"
"You're taking Photography this year right?" Ian nodded in response. "Do you have it first this morning?" Ian nodded again. "Can we go together?" Ian grinned.
"Sure Frank, I was hoping someone I knew would be in there too, I didn't want to be alone," Ian laughed.

Frank smiled in return and turned to face Gerard. "You'll see me in music Geetard, cheer up!" Frank punched his arm jokingly. Gerard pouted and rubbed at the spot.
"Bitch."
"I'm no bitch!" Frank frowned. "I'll see you after Gee. Love ya." Frank waved but Gerard ran after him and hugged him before rushing off to one of the smaller buildings.

After Gerard ran off, Frank and Ian headed towards the main building for their Photography class.
"First day back and I'm already tired," Frank laughed. Ian giggled and walked into the room ahead of them.
"How can you be tired, we've only just got here!?" Ian protested and stopped speaking as soon as he laid eyes on the room of people.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of my first ever story containing Frerard!