Status: The more you comment the more I'll update. 1 Comment = One chapter

Learning to Walk

You're Still Beautiful To Me And I Don't Ever Want To Lose My Best Friend

Dan rolled out of bed happy, for the first time in a few months at least. He carefully picked out his outfit and spent time restyling his hair. He had to look perfect for Josh. Just for Josh. His boyfriend.

It felt good for him to be able to call him that after waiting for so long. Too long. He grabbed his stuff and ran out of the house. He pecked his mother's cheek and grabbed a piece of his toast as he ran to Josh's house. He reached the door and raised his hand to knock as the door flew open.

Josh grabbed Dan into a tight embrace and kissed him urgently, Dan kissed back an tangled his hands in Josh's hair. Josh wrapped his arms around Dan's waist happily before pulling their heads away.
"Hey babe," Josh winked and pecked Dan's lips again. Dan blushed and nuzzled his nose against Josh's neck. He noticed his skin was bear and looked down to see that Josh was walking around in just his pyjama bottoms.
"As much as I love your body Josh, we have college, and the neighbours might not want to see it," Dan rubbed the back of Josh's neck as he spoke.

Josh pulled him into the house and ran upstairs to get changed. Dan smiled after him before noticing Elissa lurking in the shadows. He jumped and she laughed at the reaction he'd had to her presence.
"Hey Danny, how's the sex life?" She teased. Dan's face reddened as Josh bounced down the stairs happily.

He smiled at Elissa and pulled Dan in for another kiss, a lot shorter one this time. He released the blonde who stood blushing again.
"Aw! Danny's all embarrassed!" Elissa teased.
"Shut up!" He blushed and hid his face in Josh's shirt.
"Aww, Dan, she's just kidding." Josh pecked his lips and took his hand. "You ready to go?" Dan nodded and followed Josh out after glaring at Elissa.

TIME LAPSE

Josh grinned at Dan's figure as he walked ahead of him out of the school. They hadn't shared their last period so he had no idea how close Josh was to him. Josh ran up to him quickly and jumped on his back.
"HEY DAN!" Josh yelled into his ear. Dan jumped and squealed before realising who it was.
"You little asshole!" He slapped Josh who just laughed in reply.
"You love it," Josh winked.

Dan didn't answer but carried on walking. He stormed into the road without looking.

Josh reached out for him.

It ended in a scream.

A scream that was painful just to hear.

Before Josh knew what was happening he'd rushed into the road next to Dan and kneeled down beside him. Dan was making little whimpering noises and eventually passed out. There was blood leaking from his now frail body. Josh gripped hold of his hand and yelled for someone to call an ambulance.

When the paramedics arrived on the scene, Josh let out a whimper and followed Dan into the back of the ambulance. As the sirens started the paramedics began to rush around Dan's still body.

Josh kept hold of his hand tight as they travelled to the hospital. "Don't leave me Danny, please, I want to be y-your boyfriend fore-ever and ever," Josh's tears fell from his eyes and he pecked Dan's hand. "I love you, Dan. You can't fucking leave me now. Please," Josh begged.

The paramedics watched him sympathetically as the ambulance pulled up and they rushed Dan inside. They kept Josh behind in an office to phone his mother and family to let them know. He was so upset that he only just managed to choke out the words 'Dan', 'hospital' and 'now'.

Luckily, Dan's mother got the idea and made her way instantly down to the hospital. She saw Josh and flung herself at him. She hugged him tight and the sobs ran through his body. They both stayed like that and cried for a while until a doctor came in carrying a clipboard.
"Hi, Mrs Flint?" Dan's mother nodded and the doctor sat the two of them down to explain that there are some horrible wounds and slight deformations to his face for the time being.

Josh nodded and looked down at his hands. He felt extremely guilty as the doctor began to walk away. It was his fault his boyfriend wouldn't feel pretty any more, even though he'd always be perfect to Josh.

The doctor turned and looked over and Josh. "He asking for you Mr Franceschi, follow me." Josh looked at Dan's mother who nodded and encouraged him to go. He smiled weakly in her direction as he sped up after the doctor.

Josh reached the door and was led through it by the doctor. His heart fluttered when he
noticed Dan sitting up in the bed looking a bit dazed.
"Joshie!" Dan smiled and Josh returned the smile. He walked over to Dan and kissed the top of Dan's bloodied hair.
"I'm so sorry I couldn't stop you Danny! This is all my fault!" Josh let a tear drop from his eye. Dan's face fell and he held his arms out to Josh for a hug.

Josh cuddled up to him and smiled against Dan's skin. "I love you Dan, please don't leave me. Ever. You scared me so much," Josh confessed. Dan nodded and Josh released his grip on him. He perched on the end of the bed and Dan rested his head in Josh's lap.
"It hurts Josh," Dan let a tear spill from his eye.

Dan hadn't been in this much pain before. It was mainly in his head but he noticed a stream of pain from his neck and down to the very bottom of his back.

When the nurse walked in, Dan look up without moving his head. If he had he knew he'd feel the sharp pain again. Josh noticed his boyfriend had stiffened and stroked his bloodied hair. The nurse looked at them sympathetically and smiled.
"Hi there Mr Flint, I'm Michelle, your nurse, you can call me Shell," she smiled. She grabbed the chart and checked through nodding to herself. "Okay, you can have some morphine soon, you've done some damage to the muscles in your back and neck. We'll have to go down to x-ray soon and check that there aren't any breaks. Okay?" Dan nodded and winced.

Josh frowned and rubbed the back of Dan's neck gently. "Are you okay, babe?"
"Fine," Dan grimaced.
"Don't lie to me, lie back and get comfortable. Do you want a drink or anything?" Dan shifted off Josh's lap slowly and managed to lie back against the pillows.
"No I'm okay, I want my mummy," Another tear slipped down his cheek and Josh kissed it away before rushing to get his mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
DRAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAA

(Last edited on - 17/11/2012)