Status: The more you comment the more I'll update. 1 Comment = One chapter

Learning to Walk

My Love For You Was Bulletproof But You're The One Who Shot Me

"See, all British people sound funny when they say your name!" Jack giggled. Alex laughed along and rolled his eyes. "Ah-lex! Would you like a cup of tea Ah-lex?" Jack mimicked. Alex grinned and leaned against Jack's shoulder.
"I was born in Essex!" Jack shrugged and ruffled Alex's hair.
"More material for me to make fun of!" Jack cheered. Alex chucked and wrapped his arm around Jack's shoulder and squeezed it.
"Do it and die," Alex muttered threateningly.

Jack led the way into McDonalds happily. "Alex, Alex, Alex! I want a happy meal! Alex please! I'll pay you back!" Alex nodded and ordered sending Jack off to get them seats. Jack skipped though the store and found an empty table in the back. He sat down and gazed out of the window.

Alex set the tray down making it thump in the process. Jack jumped and tuned to face Alex. "DON'T DO THAT YOU LITTLE-" Alex covered Jack's mouth before he could swear.
"Children Jack!" Alex warned. Jack pouted and licked Alex's hand. Alex move his hand and raised an eyebrow. "Seriously? You think that's going to freak me out?" Alex licked his hand where Jack had and Jack snorted.
"I might have been licking my backside for all you know," Jack teased. Alex laughed and checked his phone for new messages.
"I have a text off Josh," Alex said. Jack shrugged.
"What's it say?" Jack looked over the top of Alex's phone.
"Dan's in hospital, car accident! Come on! Grab your food we're going down there!" Alex ordered. He grabbed his happy meal leaving Jack to grab his as he tugged him out.

They climbed on the bus and ended up at the hospital in fifteen minutes. Alex led the way through to the reception desk and asked the woman where Dan's room was. She took them there and opened the door for them.

It was only Dan and Josh in the room, Alex walked in smiling. "We would have brought you a gift but we wanted to check you were okay. How're you feeling?" Josh squeezed Dan's hand encouraging him to speak.
"Better now the morphine's kicking in. I've broken my wrist and I've done something to my back. Can't remember what they said it was now..." Josh shrugged and pecked Dan's lips.

Jack walked into the room and sat on one of the chairs. "Aw, what're they going to do about your back?" Jack asked curiously. Alex rolled his eyes and sat on Jack's knee, there were no other free chairs so bony legs would have to do for now.
"Put me in a back brace and give me a shit ton of pain killers, I hope," The four laughed. Josh stroked Dan's hair affectionately. It was melting Alex's heart.

Secretly he wanted to be like that with someone, anyone. Maybe even Jack. Mainly Jack.

Jack smiled and rested his forehead on Alex's shoulder. "Josh you look worse then Dan," Alex smiled sympathetically. "Come and eat something with me?" Alex offered.
"I'll stay here and entertain Danny!" Jack grinned. Alex tried to convince Josh to leave Dan's side.

Eventually Dan managed to convince Josh to leave and that he'd be fine with Jack for an hour or two. Alex watched Josh adjust Dan's pillows and leave a gentle kiss on his lips. "I love you Dan. I'll be back soon," Josh smiled. Dan nodded and waved to Alex as they left.
"I love you too Joshy." Both Jack and Alex noticed Josh's expression relax a little as he left.

"How did it happen?" Alex looked at Josh as they walked together to the hospital cafe.
"He got angry at me and crossed the road outside the college without looking," Josh sighed. He got himself and Alex a coffee and took a seat.
"Oh, that sucks. I was wondering what the commotion was. Jack wanted to go find out but I managed to bribe him with McDonalds," Alex smiled. Josh chuckled and took a sip from his drink.
"You two are good together. Just don't make the same mistakes I did Alex. Don't use him for sex, don't let it hurt you like it hurt me... I've been thinking, this accident... what if it's karma... I know that sounds really stupid..." Josh frowned staring into his coffee. Alex grabbed his hand and squeezed it.
"It doesn't sound stupid. But Jack doesn't like me like Dan likes you," Alex stated.

Josh shook his head and looked up at Alex. "He likes you. He's like me... In denial. You have to tell him how you feel about him or you'll just be friends with benefits and it'll feel horrible. Don't use him Alex. Please?" Josh looked into Alex's eyes and Alex nodded.
"I want to tell him... I don't know how to... I don't want to destroy a friendship, but..." Alex sighed. "Last night we had sex... I've never felt so sure about a person before...." Josh nodded.
"I know what you mean, believe me I do," Josh sighed. "Let me and Dan help you!" Josh grinned. "Let us help you tell him! We'll come up with something good! He's going to be in here for a while so we might as well pass the time!" Josh smiled.

Alex reluctantly agreed making Josh perk up even more and regained some of the colour in his cheeks. They polished off their coffee and got some food to take back for Dan.

They wondered into the room and saw Jack dancing around with a mop watching tapes of old Strictly Come Dancing episodes. Dan was laughing as Jack waltzed round the room. He chucked the mop down and hopped into Alex's arms. He pulled Alex into the empty space and used him as his new dance partner.

The four of them laughed and Alex blushed as he sat down. Josh looked at him and smirked knowingly. Dan looked at Josh confused and Josh gave him a 'I'll explain later' look.

Alex and Jack eventually decided to leave and walked out of the room saying goodbyes over their shoulders. "Poor thing." Alex muttered. Jack hugged him.
"You don't like seeing people in that way do you Lex?" Alex shook his head and cried against Jack's shoulder. After his brother's passing, he didn't like the sight of blood, painkillers, knives or anything sharp at all. Anything that could harm people was terrible in Alex's eyes.

Jack made sure Alex got home safe before Alex trailed home himself. He couldn't wait to get home himself. He couldn't wait for the weekend, a chance to relax.

And spend more time with Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep... Sorry for delay's. School is bollocks.