I'm So Sorry, My Angel

Two

`I was alone on the swing set, just swinging back and forth letting the cool wind of the lake brush across my face.
“Stella,” I herd a little voice say.
I looked over at the other swing, sitting there was on of my regular ghost friends, Joy, She was just a little girl when she drowned, “Yes, Joy,” I asked while stopping my swing.
She just sat there on the swing looking at the ground, “There’s a boy over there that wants to be your friend,” She finally said.
I looked behind me and there were four boys sitting at a picnic table, one of witch was looking at me, but quickly looked away when he noticed I saw him, “Really? Are you sure? You must be mistake in, boys don’t want to be my friend?”
She looked up a me, her pail green eyes looked sad, “No, he dose. His friends are teseing him about it,” She sighed.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“If he dose become your friend, will you still be mine?”
I almost couldn’t keep in my giggle, “Joy, no matter what, you will always be my friend.”
She seemed to brighten, “Ok, that’s all I wanted to ask,” She looked over her shoulder, “He’s coming over.”
I looked behind me and that boy was coming over. I looked back at Joy, but she was gone.
I felt a tap on my shoulder, and almost jumped of the swing. I looked up at the boy, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scar ya,” He smiled.
“It’s ok,” was all I could say.
He sat down on the swing Joy was just sitting in, “My name’s William, but my friends call me Will.”
“I’m your friend?” I asked surprisingly.
He laughed, “Sure. So your name is Stella, right?”
I shook my head, “Ya, but my friends call me Stell.”
He smiled at me, “Am I your friend?”
That made me smile, “Ya.”
It was quiet for a moment, I started to sway back and forth on the swing, then I herd a girl scream, it sounded like Joy, “Stella!!!”
I turned around and there was a boy behind me, and he pushed my off my swing with a hard push in my chest.
“Freak!” He said as he pushed me.
I fell awkwardly on my side, but I was more surprised than hurt. I looked up at the three boys that were standing behind my swing. They were the boys Will was sitting with. They were all laughing, except Will. I looked over at him, and he looked at me, and got off his swing and pushes one of the boys with a forceful push to the ground.
“What the hell is your problem!” Will yelled at the boys.
The boys looked surprised, “Our problem? What’s your problem? You’re talking to a freak who talks to herself.”
I didn’t really care what he was saying about me, I just got up, wiped off my pants. And stood there and watched the four boys yell at each other.
I looked over at the swing Will was just sitting in and saw Joy crying, “Don’t cry,” I said.
I caught the boy’s attention, “Who are you talking to?” Asked one of the boys.
I ignored him and walked over to the swing and kneeled beside it, “Joy don’t cry. Why are you crying?”
I could feel the stairs of the boys behind me. To them it was quiet, to me, the only thing running the quietness was Joy’s weeps.
“It’s my fault they hurt you,” She wept.
“No it’s not. There just mean it’s not your fault at all.”
Some one from behind me spoke, “I told you she’s crazy!” Fallowed by the running of feet on the wood chips.
I felt a hand on my shoulder.
I looked up and saw Will, “I don’t think your crazy, but I am weirded out that your talking to air,” he tried to smile.
I looked over at Joy, who was looking at Will very oddly, “I’m not talking to air,” I said.
“You look familiar,” said Joy, but Will couldn’t hear her.
“How?” I asked Joy.
Will was starring at me weirded out, but didn’t speak, “He looks like Jake, my brother,” said Joy standing up to look at him.
Joy just looked up at Will and Will just stood there, “What’s wrong Stell?” He asked.
I was surprised he even called me that, “Do you know a little girl named Joy?” I asked.
He seemed to pail, “It is him!!” said Joy, “It’s Jake!”
“Do you have some one in your family named Jake?”
Will paled even more, “Panke,” said Joy, “My last name was Panke.”
“Is you last name Panke?”
“How do you know this?” he asked.
Joy smiled, “Jake!” She started to jump.
“Do you have a sister named Joy?”
His eye’s widened, “Whoa. My last name is Panke; my dad’s name was Jake, and his sister Joy drowned… How do you know this?” He didn’t seem angry, but he did seem scared.
Joy looked confused, “He’s not Jake…?” She turned to me, “I’m confused!”
I closed my eyes, “Uh, Will, I see ghost and I see Joy,” I said really quickly.
His eye’s widened, he looked like he was goanna take off with the rest of his friends and agree with them that I am crazy.
He bit his bottom lip, “I believe you,” he said.
I looked at him, his words ringing through my head, “You do?”
He smiled, “I have to, my aunt that I’ve never meant is probably standing right beside me,” He was right, she was. They looked like twins standing next to each other. Both with bleach blonde hair, and pail green eyes.
“So he’s not Jake?” Joy asked.
“No, but he is your nephew,” I told her.
Joy looked up at Will, and smiled. She went to hug him, but instead of going through him, she actually hugged him. Will felt it and was almost knocked over by surprise. He looked at me, and smiled. A few quiet moments passed, then Joy let go.
“Will, tell Jake I said hi,” She said looking at him, but she knew he couldn’t hear her.
“She wants you to tell you dad, she say’s hi,” I said almost choking on my tears.
Will looked at me and smiled, he too was crying.
The Joy looked over at me, “Thanks, friend” She said, starting to stair off into the distance, and slowly walked across the playground, and disappeared.

That’s the day I met my best friend, well none ghost best friend, Will.