‹ Prequel: Always Yours

Crash

Chapter 1

I pushed the door open to the small apartment and locked it behind me. I set my bag down on the counter and got my phone out, putting it on the charger. I took my jacket off and set it on the couch, along with my boots on the floor.

It's been three years. Three years since I graduated and three years since I last saw them. A few weeks after graduation, John and the boys were planning on going out on tour. So, John and I both decided to break it off so no one would be hurt while he was away. I mean, I guess I was okay now but for about three days after the breakup, I didn't move out of my bed.

I hadn't talked to them much after that and whenever Kennedy called, I always told him that I was busy. And soon enough, I just ignored his calls and I stopped talking to them. Don't get me wrong, I missed them like hell. But when I went to college, I made a bunch of new friends but I didn't date anyone again. I was kinda still hurt over it.

So it's been three years and here I am, still living in good old Arizona in my little apartment just a few minutes away from town. I went to college for photography and now I'm a professional photographer, but I work at the coffee shop. I loved working there because it was so quiet and cute but it wasn't what I really wanted to do. I wanted my pictures to get out in the world and I wanted to be a well known photographer.

I picked up my ringing phone from the counter and put it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Chica! You better be coming out to celebrate with us!" Alexa squealed from the other end.

I smiled, "Just let me shower and I'll send you a text when I'm on my way."

"Alrighty, see you then! Love you." She hung up and I put my phone back down.

Alexa was my best friend and she was my roommate in college. Almost every night we were there, we went to all the parties and some nights I had to carry her home and others she did the same to me. We grew close in those years and she helped fill the void I had when I stopped talking to the boys. Her and my other friend, Julie, knew about the boys and John. They knew everything.

I got out of the warm shower and walked into my small room and over to my closet to search for a dress. I picked out a blue one with sleeves that went down to my elbows and a matching pair of blue wedges. I got dressed quick and went back in my bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I blow dried my long hair and put on eyeliner and mascara, not really caring for eyeshadow.

I grabbed my leather jacket from my bed and sent Alexa a text when I took my phone off the charger. I got my car keys out of my bag and locked the door behind be when I stepped out. I took the stairs down to the apartment parking lot and to my car.

I arrived at the bar and walked in after locking my car. I was always paranoid about locking everything, I just wanted my things to be safe. I smiled at the security at the doors and showed him my ID to get in.

"Have a good night, miss," he said to me as he moved aside to let me into the club.

I walked up the steps and followed the booming music. I pushed through the crowd and smiled at some boys who were looking at me. I was already hot with my jacket on and the closeness of everyone. I looked at the tables but didn't see Julie or Alexa yet. I went to the bar and ordered a small drink. I wasn't planning on drinking heavily tonight since I had a wedding photo shoot tomorrow.

I leaned my back against the counter of the bar and looked at everyone moving. I spotted Alexa walking from the bathrooms and pushed through the crowd again to pull on her arm. She squealed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Where's Julie?" I asked when she walked me over to a booth and we sat down.

"She said that she had to wait for Eric to get out of work."

I nodded and took my jacket off, setting it behind me and taking my phone out of the pocket.

"So how's work?" She touched my arm.

I shrugged, "Same as always," I took a sip of my drink. "I have a photo shoot tomorrow."

"Really? That's awesome!" She smiled.

I nodded, "How's the record company?"

"Amazing. They just signed a new band today and I met them." Her mouth gaped open, "Holy hell, Markie. The guitarist is just, ugh."

I laughed over at her. She always obsessed over new bands and the good looking members of them. She was interested in music just like I was and we always went to concerts together if we liked the band or to just hear something new.

"Julie!" I yelled when I saw her step through the door. Julie turned her head, smiling and waving at us with her other hand connected with Eric's. She tugged on his hand and they walked over to us. Alexa and I got up to hug her and Eric and they sat down next to Alexa.

"Love your dress!" Julie pointed to me.

"Thank you," I smiled, fingering the hem.

"So why did we come out to celebrate?" Alexa asked after they got settled in their seats.

Julie looked over at Eric by her side and he kissed her temple before she faced us again. Alexa and I were staring at her intently, just waiting for her to speak.

She smiled and opened her mouth, "We're getting married!" She held up her left hand and I squealed along with Alexa. Alexa took her hand and I leaned in to look at the ring.

"Oh my fucking god, Eric. That thing's huge." I pointed at her ring finger. Eric laughed beside her and kissed her temple again.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you two!" Alexa showed off her bright smile.

Eric got up to go to the bar and Julie faced us.

"So when do you guys think you'll have the wedding?" I asked.

Julie shrugged, "We don't know yet. But I think I'd like it in the spring or something."

I nodded and Alexa spoke, "When did he propose?"

"Last night when he made me dinner," Julie blushed and looked down at her lap.

"Aww! You guys are literally so adorable."  I covered my mouth from showing my big smile.

She blushed again, "I can't believe we've been together for three years."

"Ugh, couple of the year." Alexa shook her head, putting her hands up. Julie laughed and smiled up at Eric when he came back with two drinks.

"Don't get her too drunk, Eric." I pointed at him.

He held his hands up and nodded, "Yes, ma'am."

I smiled and leaned back in my seat. I looked around at the dancing people again and poked Alexa's arm. "Let's dance."

She nodded and I slid out of the booth, waiting for her to take her jacket off. I set my phone under my jacket and told Julie to watch our things before Alexa took my hand and led me to the floor.

"Literally so adorable," I said to her when we looked over at Julie and Eric.

"I can't wait for the wedding!" She squealed.

I laughed and she took my hands as we started dancing.
♠ ♠ ♠
let's just pretend that the cover photo is Markie and Kennedy.

let me know what you think?