‹ Prequel: Always Yours

Crash

Chapter 10

I hadn't talked to Kennedy for the rest of the day and I was missing him a lot. Alexa was still at my apartment when I got back around 9 and I let her stay over again. We ordered pizza and watched a few movies before I tucked her in on the couch and cleaned everything up then turned off the lights and went into my room. I changed slowly out of my work clothes and I cleaned my face and put my hair up.

I crawled under the covers, thankful that it was just for one more night.

****

I scratched my head as I walked into the kitchen and saw Alexa folding the blankets that she used and she was already dressed.

"Leaving?" I smiled.

"Yeah, I need to get home," she nodded. "Can you drop me off at my house before you go to work?"

I nodded, taking a drink of my water and setting it down on the counter. I walked into my room and to my closet to get out clothes for the day. I got out a pair of distressed shorts and a shirt which I tucked in. I brushed my hair and teeth then grabbed my phone off the night stand and my bag.

Alexa put the blankets into the closet by the glass doors of my room and she got all of her things ready then we headed out to my car.

I dropped Alexa off at her house then turned my car around to head into town. I only had to work for a few hours today.

I put my bag down in the back room and put my phone in my pocket then put my apron on and said bye to the other employee that was leaving. I stepped behind the counter and helped the customers of today.

****

The shop closed early on Sundays and I flipped the sign after I got all my things. I locked the door behind me and went to my parked car and hopped in, making my way home.

I threw my keys on the small table by the door and hung my sweatshirt up on the rack. I went into my room and left my bag there but took my phone out. I checked it for any new messages but I didn't have any. I was becoming antsy so I went out to the closet and got the vacuum out.

I always cleaned when I was antsy or waiting for something to happen.

Where the fuck was he.

I vacuumed the living room, under the couch and the coffee table. I vacuumed all the floors and little rugs I had then finished with my room. I moved the curtains so they were letting in the afternoon sunlight and I put the vacuum away when I finished. I sighed and moved to the kitchen to get a drink. I cleaned the dirty dishes in the sink and sighed again when I finished. I fell onto the couch and laid there for awhile.

Just as I felt sleep pulling me in, there was a knock on the door. I jumped up, almost falling over the coffee table and calmed myself when I reached the door. I turned the knob and jumped on Kennedy who was behind it. He laughed against me and wrapped his arms around my waist to hold me up. My legs were around his waist and my arms were wrapped around his neck. I smiled and I felt him move into my apartment and he shut the door with his foot. He sat us down on the couch and I pulled away.

He smiled softly at me and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. "Missed you too," he laughed.

I smiled again and I saw him look down then back up to my eyes. I bit the inside of my lip to stop from smiling and he brought my face closer to his to make fireworks go off in my head again. He leaned his forehead on mine when he pulled away and I looked down at his shirt, blushing.

"I couldn't stop thinking about that," he said quietly. I looked back up at his eyes.

"Me either."

He smiled and leaned forward to kiss my cheek.

"How was California?"

He nodded, "Hot. We got a few things done for the new album."

"That's good. I'm guessing that you're sleeping over?" I nodded toward his suitcase that he must've snuck in when I was on him.

He smiled, "If I can."

I moved and wrapped my arms around him again, pressing me to him.

****

It's been about a week since Kennedy got back and he left Monday since he had to go back to his house. He only kissed my cheek when he left and I didn't hang out with him the rest of the week because he had things to do with the guys. We did text though and he asked me if I wanted to come and spend the night at his house after we go out with Alexa, Julie and Eric. Of course I said yes.

I had a bag all ready and Alexa picked me up around 8 since she was always late. We sat down at the table that Julie and Eric were at and I sat down next to him.

"The guys aren't here yet?" I asked.

Eric shook his head, "Jared texted me and said they were on their way a few minutes ago."

I nodded and moved out of my seat, "I'm gonna go get a drink."

"Get me one!" Alexa shouted over to me.

I went up to the bar and ordered a soda and a drink for Alexa. Hopefully she wouldn't be a mess tonight, she has to drive herself home. I set her drink down in front of her and sat next to Eric again. After about five minutes, a hand was on my shoulder and I looked up behind me to see Kennedy smiling down at me. He kissed my forehead and said hi to Alexa and Julie and high fived Eric. Kennedy took the seat next to me and I smiled when he put his hand on my thigh. The rest of the boys came with drinks and said hi to the four of us that were already here then sat in the empty seats.

Kennedy's thumb started to rub my thigh and I looked over at him. "Did you bring a bag?"

I nodded and pointed to it under the table. He smiled and kissed my cheek before he got up to go to the bar. I turned back to the group when I heard my name.

Alexa wiggled her eyebrows beside Julie. "What's going on between you two?" Julie smiled.

I shrugged and noticed the empty seat on the other side of me. Eric must've went to the bathroom or something. "Don't you dare say a word," I held a finger up. They both nodded, looking excited. "I kissed him again."

Alexa threw her arms up and squealed. Julie clapped her hands but they both went back to normal when they looked next to me. "Alexa, let's go dance," Julie stood.

"But, I—" Alexa protested.

"Come on," Julie took her wrist and pulled her out of her chair and it was just me and Kennedy left at the table. I smiled over at him when he took a sip of his drink. His hand found mine under the table and he played around with my fingers.

Eric came back but went out to the floor to look for Julie. Kennedy and I stayed at the table for most of the night because I didn't want my bag to get stolen or anything.  We danced a few times and we both didn't drink that much since he had to drive and I didn't really want a hangover tomorrow.

Before I knew it, we were saying bye to everyone outside and we walked to his car and got in. The ride to his house was quiet and I took a good look at his house when we came to a round about and he pulled into his driveway. I got my bag and followed behind him up to his door. He unlocked it and moved aside to let me in first. I took my shoes off, setting them next to the door.

"And who's this?" I smiled when I turned around and saw the most adorable dog ever. Their feet padded over to me and I knelt down to pet them.

"That's Kota." Kennedy said.

"Hi Kota. Nice to meet you," I patted his head and stood up.

I followed Kennedy upstairs and I got out my pajamas. He pointed to the bathroom across the hall from his room and I got changed in there. I put my hair up and brushed my teeth before I went into his room and put my bag down.

"Kenny?" I called.

"Downstairs!"

I left the door open and walked back downstairs, petting Kota on the way into his kitchen. I stood across from him and leaned my hip on the counter.

"Markie, we need to talk." He looked up from the tile.