‹ Prequel: Always Yours

Crash

Chapter 2

I took a small sip of my second drink and laughed at Alexa chugging her beer.

"I don't want to carry you home tonight, slow down!" I smiled, touching her back.

She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out of her mouth. I laughed and sipped my drink again.

Julie and Eric were on the dance floor, 'having the time of their lives.' I tapped my foot to the music and Alexa and I danced in our seats. We had a few guys come up to us and ask to buy us drinks but we just smiled politely and refused, saying that we had to work tomorrow. A lot of them were desperate for a one night stand, you could tell in their eyes but some of them seemed genuinely nice. Alexa and I always played hard to get when we were out at night. I watched everyone stumble to the bathroom to up chuck the contents from their stomachs from drinking to much and the people who went up to the bar and flirted with each other. I also watched the door, seeing new and some familiar faces walk in to the club.

My foot stopped tapping and my eyes went wide when I spotted it. My breath instantly caught in my throat and I couldn't move.

"Markie?" Alexa touched my arm. "Markie, what's wrong?" She shook me out of my trance.

I looked down at my lap and took my phone into my hand, "I need to go."

"What? Why?" She pulled on my arm.

I shook my head, looking at the door again and back to Alexa. I covered the side of my face with my hand and looked at Alexa's worried eyes. "He's here." I said quietly.

Her eyebrows came together and she leaned in a little. "Who?"

I looked up to the bar by us and faced Alexa again, covering my face. I breathed out, "Kennedy."

Her eyes went wide and she looked up behind my head. I looked to but flinched back when he was about to look over.

"Is he looking over here?" I asked.

She looked at me again, "That's him? Holy hell, Markie. He is fine."

I rolled my eyes, "That's not the point, Alexa. Is he looking over here?" I was now panicking. If he saw me, then my life would be over.

She looked again behind my head and back down to me, nodding. "Yeah."

My eyes went wide, "I really need to go." I hurried to get my jacket on and made sure I had my keys and phone with me.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Alexa stood and moved out of the booth. I nodded and she put her coat on, taking her things too. We left our drinks there and walked over to Julie and Eric. I covered my face but I felt his eyes on me as we walked across the club. I really didn't want to face him.

We got to Julie and Eric and Alexa told them we were leaving. Julie looked worried but I didn't pay attention to what they were saying back and forth. All I did was freeze when he said my name.

"Markie?" The familiar voice said.

My breath caught and I squeezed my eyes shut before I turned around slowly. My eyes locked with his hazel ones.

He looked the same, just like I remembered him. Only this time, he cut his long hair off and had it styled. Only Kenny.

No. Markie, snap out of it. You don't want to deal with him. You haven't even seen him in three years! Why start to hurt now?

"I-I need to go." I stuttered quietly. I moved my hand behind me and held onto Alexa. I took my eyes away from him and Alexa guided me out of the club and into the night. I was having a panic attack inside me and I didn't want to be like this right now.

"Oh my god, I can't believe he talked to you." Alexa had her arm through mine and I blinked multiple times to keep the tears away. She walked me up to my car and faced me. "You'll be okay," she nodded, rubbing my arm. "This will just pass over and who knows? Maybe you won't see him again."

Oh, how wrong she was there. I just nodded and she put her arms around me. "I'll see you later, drive safe." I nodded again and waited until she walked away to get into my car.

I sat there and just thought about seeing him again. I missed him. I missed my best friend. I missed my Kenny.

Oh, fuck. He would most likely just go and tell the rest of them. How he saw Markie fucking Scott at the club and she didn't say anything to him. I was so fucking screwed.

I shook my head and put my seat belt on after starting my car. I looked out the window to pull out of my parking spot but stopped when I saw him walk out and look both ways, trying to find me. My lip started to quiver and my head filled with old memories of us together.

I sighed and leaned forward to put my head on the steering wheel. Now that I finally saw him, he would be stuck in my head no doubt. Fuck what boys did to you. Just fuck everything, I did not want to be feeling this way.

I lifted my head back up and looked back to the entrance. He wasn't there. I sighed and pulled out of the parking lot and drove back home.

I parked my car and locked it when I got out then walked up to my door. I locked it behind me and took my jacket off, taking my other one from the couch and putting both of them in my closet when I got to my room. I changed out of my dress and put on shorts and a tank top, putting my hair up. I set my alarm on my phone and scrolled through my contacts while I sat on my bed. My thumb hovered over Kennedy's name and I wanted to press it so bad, but I told myself that I didn't want to let him in. Another part of me told me that I was being stupid and to just talk to him because he was my best friend, but I lost him. I pressed the home button and went to Twitter to make a new tweet.

Did that just happen?

I pressed the tweet icon and pressed the home button again then locked it. I placed my phone on the side table and got comfortable in bed, pulling the covers over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you guys thinkk?