‹ Prequel: Always Yours

Crash

Chapter 5

It's been a few weeks since I started talking to Kennedy and everyday since, he hung out with me or visited me at the coffee shop. It was just like when we were younger and I liked it.

We went out a couple of times, mostly him and I hanging out during the day or me meeting him at a club when I was out with Alexa and Julie or other people. Speaking of Alexa, she was happy that I was happy to be talking to Kennedy again.

Kennedy did ask me if I wanted to come over and surprise the guys but I just simply refused. I didn't think I was ready yet. I didn't know if I could face them after three years. And I'm mostly talking about facing John after three years. I mean, what would even happen? Would it be awkward or just like old times? I'll admit it, I wasn't mad at him and I didn't hate him. I just wanted to talk to him but I wasn't sure if he would let me in after all this time.

Kennedy and I planned on me being at the bar with my friends and Kennedy would bring the guys so I could see them. I wasn't sure on how I would react to the situation but I kept telling myself that I could do it. After all, I've known them for quite awhile.

I was dressed in a skirt and tank top and I tucked it in with my favourite pair of wedges on. I sat next to Julie who was drinking a water while I only had one shot of vodka and I was taking it slow on the beer in front of me. I wasn't paying attention to the conversation that Julie was having with another friend whose name was somewhere in my head, but lost. My eyes were glued to the door and the dance floor, looking out for Kennedy.

"Aren't you seeing the guys tonight?" Julie nudged my side.

I nodded, turning my eyes to her.

"Nervous?" She smiled.

"Extremely," I took a sip of my beer.

"It'll be okay and if John isn't okay with seeing you then fuck him, you have Kennedy to hang out with."

I laughed at her and turned my eyes back to the entrance when she pointed. I smiled as Kennedy came into view with his hair styled again and his favourite jacket on that he always wore. His eyes caught mine over the heads of moving people and I stayed in my seat while he led the boys over to me.

To say I was nervous, was probably an understatement. I was literally about to pee my pants when Pat saw me and yelled.

"Markie?!" He jumped, excited and I stood just in time for him to hug me. I laughed, patting his back as he let go and stared at me. I saw John stare at me too out of the corner of my eye for two whole minutes until he looked over at Kennedy and said something in his ear.

"Markie Scott?" Jared said next and I nodded, opening my arms for him to occupy. He laughed and pulled me into him, bear hugging me like he use to.

I looked at Garrett next and ruffled his hair. "I like the dew," I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Thanks," he laughed against me. I pulled away from him to smile at all of them as they stared in astonishment. I hugged Kennedy quick then stood in front of the tallest one of the group.

I sighed, tilting my head back with my arms behind me. "Long time, no see," I smiled softly up at him.

He stared with a straight face and I shifted, uncomfortable under his gaze. I bit my lip as he continued to stare at an old friend that he hasn't see in three years.

"Stop staring and say something," I looked at him with my green eyes and shoved him a little. When he rebalanced, he took my shoulders and pulled me into him. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his still lean waist and taking in the scent that didn't fade away after three years. He laid his head on top of mine, tightening his arms around my neck.

"Tighten them some more and you'll be choking me," I laughed and he loosened his hold enough for me to pull away.

I turned around to Julie who looked up at me and I introduced the boys to her. "I'm gonna sit with them somewhere else," I picked up my beer and she nodded. I led the guys to an empty booth in the corner and waited for them to slide in. I sat across from Kennedy and next to John.

"Damn, I can't believe it's you Markie," Jared smiled again.

"The one and only." I took a sip of my drink and smiled over to Kennedy. I looked next to me at John whose eyes were already on me. "What are you hiding under that beanie, Johno?" I pointed with the bottle in my hand. I took the hat off with my other one and laughed. "Did all of you get haircuts?" I looked around at all of them, "Well besides Pat." They nodded and I put the beanie back on John's head. He fixed it and I pointed to the bar, "You know you guys can go get drinks."

They slid out and went up together, leaving John with me. I looked at the dancing people before I turned my attention to the hazel eyes that I still remember. "What's going on with you? You haven't said anything."

He shook his head, "I didn't think I'd see you again."

"Your voice got a little deeper," I smiled softly. "And if that's you trying to say I missed you, then I missed you too." 

He looked back to me, "Why'd you leave, Markie? Why did you ignore me and the guys? We did nothing to you."

My mouth fell from it's smile and I looked at my hands on the bottle in front of me. I sighed and opened my mouth. "I-I don't know. I was hurt, John. You said you wouldn't hurt me but you did. Don't get me wrong, I'm over it but it still hurts. I just ignored you guys because I didn't want to hurt anymore, I didn't want to have to fake being happy without you when we broke up, so I just stopped answering." I brought my eyes up to his, "I'm fine now, though. I have you guys back and that's everything I could ask for. I just want to be happy, I guess," I shrugged.

His arm snaked around my waist and he pulled me to him, burying his head in my neck. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. I placed a hand on the back of his head.

"It's okay." I kissed his cheek when he pulled away but he kept his arm around me. The guys came back with drinks and they started to ask me a bunch of questions about what I've been doing lately.

The night was full of laughs and memories and I was having a really good time.

****

I walked outside with the guys behind me and felt through my pockets for my phone, making sure I had all my things. When we got to the parking lot I turned around to them, smiling.

"This was fun," I nodded.

"We should do it again sometime," Jared shrugged.

I smiled, "Sure," I closed the distance between Jared and I to hug him then hugged the rest of them after.

"It was great seeing you, Markie." John said in my ear with his arms around me, "I missed you."

I smiled big at him, "Missed you too, Johno."

He smiled and kissed my cheek before he walked with the guys, leaving me with Kennedy.

"Aren't you going with them?" I pointed at the boys by their cars.

Kennedy shook his head, "I was kinda wondering if you could give me a ride?" He gave me puppy dog eyes.

I smiled, "Do you want to sleepover?"

He cocked his eyebrow. "Are you sure? You don't think it's too early or anything?"

"It'll be just like old times, even though you didn't sleepover a lot," I shrugged. "Do you think it's too early?"

"No, I just wanted to make sure with you first."

I nodded and waved to the guys as they got in their cars. Kennedy went around to the passenger side and we both got in to go to my apartment. The ride there was quiet with a little music playing in the background, but I wasn't uncomfortable. I felt like he would reach across and grab my hand and I was just waiting for it to happen.

I pulled into the parking lot and walked Kennedy up to my door, unlocking it. I switched on the lights and locked the door when Kennedy stepped through. I took my jacket off, hanging it up beside Kennedy's and went into my room to change.

"Do you want some sweats?" I called into the living room.

"Sure," his voice was closer.

I threw a pair of gray sweat pants on my bed and got out yoga pants for me.

"Who's are these?" Kennedy smiled, holding them up in front of him.

"Yours."

"You kept them?" He laughed.

I nodded and closed my closet door behind me when I went back in to change. I waited a little for Kennedy to finish and I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and put my hair up. I turned the light off and walked into the living room to see Kennedy sitting on the couch. I sat next to him, putting my feet under me and he looked over at me.

"Was it weird with John there?" He said quietly.

I shook my head, "It was normal. He apologised and asked why I left you guys and all that. I think we're fine now though."

He nodded, "That's good." He put his arm on the back of the couch and I laid my head on it, closing my eyes. "Tired?" I could hear the smile in his voice.

I nodded against him arm and he shifted on the couch. I opened my eyes as he pulled me up off the couch and then he picked me up. I laughed, putting my arms around his neck as he carried me to my bed. I yawned when he set me down and he got up to turn the lights off as I got under the covers. I waited until he got settled in to go closer and snuggle into him. He put his arm under my waist and rubbed my back lightly. I took my face out from his chest and reached up to kiss his jaw then I put my face back into his chest.

"Night Markie," his vibrated against me. I smiled and mumbled a goodnight to him before I slipped into a quiet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Thanksgiving!