‹ Prequel: Always Yours

Crash

Chapter 6

An arm tightened around my waist and I smiled into Kennedy's chest, snuggling closer.

"Getting up anytime soon?"

I smiled and shook my head. His arm tightened again and pulled me closer, pressing me to him. I reached my hand up and played with the hair on the back of his head. His chest vibrated against my cheek and I laughed, pulling away to look at his closed eyes.

"You still like it," I smiled.

"It feels good." He opened his eyes and smiled down at me, kissing my forehead quick. "Are you working today?"

I lifted my head up to look over his shoulder at my clock then laid it back down. "In three hours."

"Do I get a free coffee?" He smirked.

"Maybe," I laughed, sitting up and adjusting my shirt. He still had his arm over my waist and he pulled me back down to hug me to him. I smiled and rubbed his back lightly, noticing he was shirtless.

****

"I have to get ready Kenny," I laughed when he pressed me to the mattress. Somehow he ended up on top of me when we were cuddling. I will not answer any of your questions.

He brought his face out from my neck and smiled down at me. I probably looked like a complete mess. "Do you want to go out tomorrow night?" He looked unsure or something but opened his mouth again. "With me."

I didn't know what to say. I opened my mouth then closed it. A smile stretched across my face and I nodded. His smile grew and he kissed my cheek then climbed off me. I got up and changed into jeans and a t-shirt for my work clothes and got my face all pretty and brushed my teeth. I walked back out and Kennedy was dressed and he set the sweatpants on the end of my made up bed.

"You can keep those," I pointed.

He shrugged, "I'll keep them here for another sleepover." He smiled over to me.

I smiled to and walked out to the living room to get my bag and Kennedy got his jacket then followed me after I locked the door. We got in the car and I drove him to the coffee shop and put my apron on in the back room when we arrived. The other person that was working here left when I got there and I didn't even know his name. I never really bothered to put it in my head.

Kennedy stood in line behind four others and I got all of their orders then Kennedy stepped up and smiled at me. I got him his coffee and a little sandwich since he didn't eat before we left. He sat down by the counter and I helped all the other customers. I wrapped my arms around Kennedy's neck from behind and bent down to his level.

"How are you getting home? I'm here until closing." 

He turned his head, "I can get John to pick me up."

I nodded and kissed his cheek before I went behind the counter again to help the waiting people.

****

John stepped into the shop 30 minutes later and he walked up to the counter, smiling at me.

"Hey."

"Hi," I smiled back at him.

"Can I get a regular?" He put money onto the counter, sliding it to me and I got his coffee. He moved to the side to put the things he wanted in his coffee and I moved from behind the counter again when Kennedy came up. John hugged me and kissed my cheek before he went to the door to wait for Kennedy.

"I'll pick you up at 6 30 tomorrow," he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Fancy?" I smiled up at him.

"Uh, I haven't decided but I'll text you tonight."

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him. He kissed my forehead and moved to the door to wave with John. I moved back behind the counter and waited for it to be closing time.

****

Closing came faster than I thought and I hung my apron up in the back room then got my bag and locked the shop with my key.

Alexa had texted me and asked if she could come over and we could have take out with Julie too. She was supposed to be meeting me there at my apartment. 

I pulled into my normal parking spot and saw both Alexa and Julie's cars in the visitor section and I walked up to my door to see them waiting outside.

"Why does it always have to be my apartment?" I smiled, unlocking to door.

"Because yours is obviously the nicest." Alexa said behind me.

They took their coats off and set their bags down on the coffee table and the couch.

"And we needed to talk to you," Julie said with a smile.

I held up my phone, "First, did you order the food and second, what about?"

Alexa nodded, "Yes we did and about Kennedy and the guys."

I put my phone back in my pocket and sat on the couch next to Julie. "What about Kennedy and the guys?"

"How was seeing John the other night?" Julie asked.

"Oh and sorry for leaving you when you saw Kennedy again." Alexa bit her lip.

I laughed, "You already apologised for that and it wasn't even awkward. It was like how old friends see each other again."

Julie nodded, "That's good. Atleast you weren't uncomfortable with him."

"And then when I went to a separate booth with them, John asked why I left and he apologised and weirdly, he kept his arm around my waist."

Alexa cooed, "Ooo, maybe he likes you again."

"Oh no, I am not going back there with John," I shook my head. "That was a one time thing and anyways, I have a date with Kennedy tomorrow."

"What?!" Julie jumped. "A date? With Kennedy?!"

I laughed, "Well, he didn't exactly say it was a date but he asked if I wanted to go out with him tomorrow night."

I was contemplating on whether or not to tell them that he slept over but I just decided to leave that information out.

"That's so cute!" Alexa clapped her hands. She was just like a little kid.

I laughed and got up to answer the door when there was a knock. I took the food from the delivery guy and Julie got up to pay him. I got the food out and put it all over the counter and got out plates for each of us. We sat back on the couch again and ate our food while we talked about Alexa's life and Julie's upcoming wedding.
♠ ♠ ♠
hereee ya goo(: