‹ Prequel: Always Yours

Crash

Chapter 8

It's been about three months ever since I saw Kennedy again and the guys. I mostly hung out with Kennedy and we recently went out on a another date but he took me mini golfing. We haven't done that in a long time. I think my relationship with him was building because we held hands whenever we were alone and he always kissed my cheek or forehead. He did meet Alexa and Julie and they immediately loved him just like I did. Kennedy was the kind of guy that you couldn't not love. He was just that nice. The rest of the boys also meet Alexa and Julie along with Eric because he went out with us that night. They hit it off right when they met. Even though Alexa and Julie didn't really like John when I told them about him, they told me the day after they met him that they thought he was a good guy.

I flicked the light switch off in the bathroom and adjusted the bun on the top of my head when I walked into my room. I crawled under the brand new sheets that I put on last weekend and pulled them up to my face. I soon fell asleep from the comfortableness.

****

Kennedy's P.O.V

I reached the top step of the third floor and went to the door, testing the knob which was unlocked. I shook my head, smiling as I opened the door and stepped in then locked it behind me. I've been checking her door for two weeks now, just to be sure she was safe and I always locked it for her if it wasn't already locked. Tonight, I just decided I'd stay over.

I took my jacket and shoes off, leaving them by the couch. I used the light on my phone to find my way to her bedroom without stumbling. The light faintly showed Markie curled up under the blankets, sleeping peacefully. She was so beautiful. I've always thought that about her and we recently just had our second date which was pretty fun. I had been wanting to take her out for as long as I can remember. I'll admit it, I've had a crush on her ever since I laid my eyes on her face. I mean, I was happy that she was with John and all but I was a little jealous. Alright, maybe more than a little. But I had her now and I was living in the moment which made me do things like sneak in her apartment and sleep with her in her bed.

I quietly got the sweatpants out of her top drawer of her dresser and tore off my pants, replacing them with the sweats. I took off my shirt and made a pile by her closet door then walked over to the side of the bed she was facing away from. I carefully moved the blankets and she moved around, thankfully moving over. I laid down, putting the covers over me and once I put my hand on her arm, she jumped, instantly waking up.

"Shh, it's alright. It's just me," I spoke softly.

"Kenny?" She leaned on her elbows.

"Yeah, it's me." I rubbed her arm gently with my thumb.

She moaned and laid her head back down on the pillow. I smiled and she faced away again, relaxing. I put my arm over her waist and pressed her back to my chest, nuzzling my face into the back of her neck and closing my eyes.

****

I opened my eyes to the sunlight seeping in through my light coloured curtains and shifted on the bed. I looked down at the arm over my waist and remembered that Kennedy scared me last night. I relaxed and picked up his arm to put it up higher and I played with his hand, pushing my fingers through the spaces between his.

I can't believe he actually came here last night. Oh shit, I didn't lock the door. Whatever, Kennedy was here and he would protect me. It was morning anyways, I shouldn't be worrying right now.

I was brought back from my thoughts when Kennedy's fingers flexed around mine and he pressed me to his chest. I turned over onto my back and turned my head to look at him. He smiled at me and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "Morning sunshine," my voice was raspy.

"Sorry I scared you last night. Your door was unlocked and I've kinda been checking for awhile to see if it's locked or not." His voice was full of sleep.

I turned onto my side and put my leg over his. "It's alright," I smiled. I brought my hand up to his hair and messed it up some more. He laughed against me and brought his hand up to play with my hair. I laughed, more like giggled and let my hand rest in his soft hair. He smiled and moved my head forward to kiss my forehead.

"I'm hungry," he mumbled. I smiled and moved him on his back so I laid on top of him. 

"What would you like, your majesty?" I smiled, tracing patterns onto his bare chest.

He rubbed my back lightly and his chest rumbled below me, "Waffles."

I laughed, "I don't have waffles."

"Mmm, eggs, please." He spoke quietly.

I nodded and leaned up to kiss his jaw. I climbed off him, adjusting my shirt and stretching while I went into the kitchen and got the things I needed for Kennedy's eggs.

"Scrambled!" He called from my room. I laughed and made them exactly how he wanted, adding in cream cheese like I always did. I turned off the stove and reach into the cupboard above to get two plates out. I looked over my shoulder to see Kennedy brushing through his hair while walking out to the kitchen area and putting his hands on my waist.

I kissed his cheek when I stood beside him at the counter after I finished eating. I grabbed his clean plate and put both of them into the sink then turned around toward Kenny.

"Why are you staring at me like that Kenny?" I smiled, blushing.

"I don't know," he put his chin into his hands on the counter. "What can we do today?"

I moved forward and leaned on the counter. "Watch movies until you have to leave."

"Sounds like a game plan." He nodded, moving off the bar stool and to the other side of the counter. I smiled up at him as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Which movie first?"

"Umm," I hummed, thinking. "We could watch a bunch of Nicholas Sparks movies." I smiled.

He groaned, "Not The Notebook."

"Oh, come on Kenny. We can save it for last." I pouted my lip out, "Please?"

He smiled, kissing my nose. "Fine."

I smiled and moved away from him to turn the tv on and set everything up. I patted the spot next to me on the couch for Kennedy to take and he walked over, pulling me into his chest as the movie started.

****

I squeezed Kennedy against me in the doorway and he lifted me up off the floor.

"It was a good movie night." I smiled.

He nodded, pulling away. "I'll talk to you later, Markie."

"Bye," I kissed his cheek and he moved outside and waved before I shut the door and locked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
yayy