‹ Prequel: Always Yours

Crash

Chapter 9

"Babe, I'll be back in three days," Kennedy said softly while we sat on the couch.

I frowned and played around with his fingers that were in my hands. "I don't want you to leave," I looked up to his hazel eyes.

He smiled small and brought my forehead to his. "I promise it'll go by fast. We're only flying out to California for our album then we'll be back."

I sighed, closing my eyes and moving my head to lay it on his shoulder. He rubbed the side of my waist a little and spoke again. "I need to go. They're waiting for me."

I nodded and we moved off the couch to the door. He stepped through to the other side but didn't let go of my hand. He hugged me again then let me go, "I'll see you soon."

"Promise?" I looked up at him.

"I promise," he leaned forward and kissed my forehead before he let go of my hand and moved backward toward the stairs.  I moved to close the door but something clicked in my head and I stepped out.

"Kenny," I called to him. He turned around and I walked up to him. I took his face into my hands and leaned up on my toes to connect my lips with his. My stomach was doing a bunch of crazy flips and he put his hand on my waist, holding me there. I kissed him softly then pulled away to turn around to my apartment and left him standing there in awe. I bit my lip, smiling like crazy when I shut the door and slid down to the wood floor.

I just kissed Kennedy. I just fucking kissed him! And I thought I had tingles with John. I fucking had fireworks and butterflies and everything with Kennedy. Now he would have lots to say when he got back. I laughed and stood to my feet to call Alexa and Julie over.

****

"YOU KISSED HIM," I laughed at Alexa's reaction and I nodded wildly. "Holy fuck!"

"What was it like?" Julie was bouncy on the other side of me.

I smiled big again for the fifth time, "Fireworks went off in my head and my stomach was crazy." I touched my lip.

Alexa squealed and pulled me into a hug. I laughed again and she pulled away. "This calls for celebration!" 

I looked over at Julie and she rolled her eyes but nodded. "Don't get too fancy," they said when I went into the bathroom to get ready.

****

The night ended pretty well. Beside Alexa puking her brains out at my apartment. I had one drink since I had to work early tomorrow and I let Alexa stay over. Alexa had.. Actually, I don't even know. Julie didn't drink because she was the most mature out of all of us and she had to drive us back here anyways.

I let Alexa sleep on the couch and I made sure she was alright before I went into my room and got under the covers with my phone. I pulled the sheets up to my face and they smelt of Kennedy's cologne. I smiled and unlocked my phone to show our conversation from earlier tonight.

Whatcha doin?"

Out with the girls. Did you land?

Nice and yeah. I'm already missing you (;

Miss you too, Kenny. Hurry and get your butt back here ):

Haha I'll try

I locked my phone again and put it on the charger on the stand and curled back into a ball.

God, I'm sick of sleeping alone.

****

I woke up to an empty bed, reminding me that Kennedy was really gone and that I wasn't dreaming. I got out from under the covers and stretched so my shoulder cracked and I walked out the glass doors into the living and kitchen area. Alexa looked like a mess even when she was sleeping. She looked like she was posing but she actually wasn't. I laughed when her foot twitched and she stirred. I answered the door to reveal a happily sober Julie and I heard Alexa groan from behind me.

"Wow. You're a mess," Julie walked in and I shut the door behind her and sat in the barstool at the counter.

"Thanks bitch," Alexa mumbled, walking to the bathroom.

"You know I love you!" Julie called after her.

I laughed, shaking my head and focusing on the bag of bagels that Julie brought.

"Don't you have work today?" Julie faced me after she put a bagel in the toaster. 

I nodded, "I'll get ready after I eat."

She took her bagel out and I moved to put mine in. Alexa came back out and laid her head on the counter when she sat down. "Don't you just love hangovers," I smiled, ruffling her hair.

She swatted me away and I pushed the plate to her when it finished. Julie gave her a glass of water and I put my bagel in the toaster.

She groaned again when she bit into the bagel and Julie looked at me. "When does Kennedy get back?"

"Tomorrow. I don't know what time though. Why?"

"Eric wants to go out with them again. He said he needs to be around more guys," she imitated his voice which made me smile.

"I'll let him know," I took my bagel out and ate it quick because of the time then ran into the bathroom to shower and change into my work clothes. I grabbed my bag and shoved my phone in it then turned back around to the girls.

"Stay as long as you want, clean up after yourselves, please and lock the door if you leave. Love you guys! Bye," I hurried out the door and down to my car.

I sent Kennedy a quick text, letting him know about Eric, on my way to work and shoved it back in my bag before I got out of the car and walked into the empty shop, then flipped the sign.
♠ ♠ ♠
Favoriteeeeeee.

Comment!