Sequel: Can't Handle This
Status: Finally finished. Read this first, if you haven't already. ------------------>

Can't Catch a Shadow

Chapter 14

Today was the day that Hetalia was supposed to leave Budapest. She had plans to say goodbye to her sister after she had been filled in on the night she had spent with Clint.

She was walking towards the small cafe that they agreed to meet at when a building exploded behind her, launching her forward into the street.

Her ginger hair fell in a pile around her as she groaned in pain over skinned knees and palms and a large gash across her forehead. She sat up just in time to see a man around his late teens or early twenties run towards her, shooting arrows in the direction of the oncoming mob.

He skidded to the ground next to her, launching more arrows in the direction he just came from. “Are you hurt? Are you okay?” he asked her quickly, extending a hand to her.

Hetalia nodded quickly, taking his outstretched hand. Before she could respond properly, the man scooped her up and carried her to a barricade of overturned cars. He set her down and loosed a few more arrows before ducking behind a black ‘67 Impala. “It’s going to be okay. My friend will be here soon, she can patch you up.”

Then, as if on cue, Natasha jumped from the hood of a blue Chevy and ducked next to Hetalia’s rescuer behind the Impala. “Clint, where did all these guys come from?”

“Everywhere,” he responded, shooting more arrows into the mob. “It’s almost like someone stuck them in a duplicator or something. Can you take a few minutes to help that girl? She’s got a couple nasty cuts from the bomb in the bank.”

Nat spun around, ready to go into nurse mode when the shocked familiar face took her by surprise. “What are you doing here?” she barely managed to breathe out.

Another bomb went off, causing the awkward moment to be cut short. Natasha quickly patched up her little sister, put all other field medics to shame. “Can you shoot?” she asked.

Hetalia quickly nodded. “Just give me a gun,” she whispered, trying to hide her accent.

Nat gave one of her many guns to Hetalia and nodded once, a small gesture that told Hetalia that she was trusting her with the lives of herself and her boyfriend.

Hetalia leaned over the barricade and flung a few bullets before ducking back down to avoid the ones that the mob threw back.

Movement on one of the rooftops caught the young Russian’s eye. She quickly looked up and gave a small smile as her eyes locked on Coulson as he readied a large rocket launcher that was pointed directly at the mob.

Coulson gave a quick hand motion, signaling Hetalia to get down.

The Russian lunged towards her sister and the archer, pinning them down just as the SHIELD agent launched a rocket into the large group.

****

“So that archer,” Hetalia said to Natasha as they took a sip from their cups of coffee. “He seems pretty nice.”

Natasha nodded. “He really is. You should see him when he’s not in a debriefing, though. Or a fire fight.”

“No no,” Hetalia said quickly. “I think it was fine. It let me see his skill and how he works his fantastic muscular system.”

Natasha laughed, almost spitting out her coffee on the cafe floor. “Of course you’d notice his body!”

“Well, how could I not? You were talking the other night about staying with him. How did it go?”

Nat blushed ever so slightly. “It was...perfect, I guess. I don’t really know how to explain it.”

“Perfect?” Hetalia said with a smile. “What did he do?”

“Everything! Imagine that muscular system during sex, and my god, you’d be underestimating him.”

Hetalia laughed, shaking her head. “I wouldn’t want to imagine that. It’s your job to imagine it.”

Nat nodded once. “So this is goodbye?” she asked, slowly.

“Da,” Hetalia said sadly. “But I will eventually see you again, my sister. This won’t be the last you see of me.”

“It better not be, young lady,” Natasha said with a melodramatic seriousness. “If I die before I see you again, I swear I’ll haunt your ass.”

The sisters laughed together, enjoying the joke before Hetalia finally gave Natasha a hug before leaving to catch her flight back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ten points to whoever catches the spoiler in this chapter...