Status: Updating if people like. :3

The Dead Are Living

Reminiscing Through The Good Days

~flashback~

“Kenna, come on! if we’re late, it’s your ass!”

“Oh my God, Vec! Stop bitching, I’m putting on my shoes now!” I yelled back. He’s always bitching. Just like a typical teen girl these days.

I stepped out of my room and made my way down the stairs. Tonight is going going to be fantastic, I feel it. Reaching the last step, I noticed none other than Vector. Of course, he was on his phone. Typical. I gently cleared my throat.

“Oh, finally. You took long enough.” he said, as he looked up from his phone.

“Hey! It was worth it!”

“I can tell. You look gorgeous.” He exclaimed. I flashed a warm smile.

“Thank you. You don’t look too bad, yourself.”

“I know, I know.” he said, winking at me.

“You are so conceited!” I joked.

“Not in the slightest.” He said, chuckling.

He hooked his arm with mine, proceeding out the door. Ready for what tonight might have in store for us. Whatever it is, it’ll be good.

~end of flashback~

“Yoo hooo. Earth to Kenadee!” Vec said, waving his hand in front of my face. Clearly confused. “What’s up? I’ve been trying to get your attention for a good four minutes.”

“Uhh, I’m sorry. I’ve just been reminiscing through the good times. The way things used to be. I really miss it.” I said as I cuddled into his side.

“Me too, Kenna. Me too.” He put his arm around my body, pulling me closer to him. “Which memory are you pondering about?”

I smiled, thinking about that night again. “Remember prom?”
He laughed, “How could I not? You got fuuuucked up!” That’s over exaggeration..

I punched his leg playfully “You know damn well you did too. Hell, everyone did that night.”

“At least I held it together before we got home! That was one hell of a night.”

“Tell me about it. It was crazy.”

“Ha, you’re telling me? I’m the one who had to pick you up and carry you out of Andre’s house!" We both just busted into fits of laughter. “Because someone had to throw up on my shoes and pass out on his kitchen counter!”

At this point, I couldn’t even breathe I was laughing so hard. I finally got my control over myself enough to speak. “So! When we got back to the house, you drunk even more! And threw up on the couch! We had that horrible stench for days!”

“Like I said, I held it together until we got home.” He laughed.

“What a night..” We said in unison.

We sat, cuddled up in silence for the next few minutes by the fire. Boy, was it cold. He looked down at me and said I needed to eat. I nodded in agreement. He handed me some fish he just cooked over the fire and some peaches on a paper towel. It’s not much, but it’s something. Considering the life we live now, it’s a pretty decent meal. I always thought a zombie apocalypse would be fucking awesome. WRONG. Fucking dreadful is what it is. Too scared for sleep, not much food, rare showers/baths. the only place we really get to bath off are the rivers we come across. As well for the rest of this dreadful life we live, well, you get the point. I’m sure you’ve seen the movies, played the video games, and shit. Yeah? It’s nothing like that. Don’t get me wrong, I love the killing zombies part. Just this way of life sucks. Vector is the only person I have left. He’s been there since we met in seventh grade. I’m now nineteen and he’s twenty. We’ve never grown apart a bit. I have no family. He’s pretty much my family anyway. I love him.

I threw my paper towel somewhere in the wounds when I finished. I started getting tired so I suggested that we should get some sleep. To which, he simply nodded his head. I sashayed over to the tent while he was putting out the fire. I pulled off my jeans and slipped on something more comfortable. I really don’t have the best of feeling, being in the woods. But what else are we going to do, you know? It’s not like we have anywhere to go. Vec came in the tent and he stripped and put on his sweat pants. He gently laid down beside me. I buried my face into his chest and he put his arm around me. His body warmth gave me comfortability.

“Sweet dreams. Love you, Kenna. Always remember that.” He whispered, kissing my forehead.

“I will. Love you, to Vec.” I replied lightly, before I was surrounded by blackness. My mind swept off to my own dream world.
♠ ♠ ♠
first update by me! hopefully you guys will enjoy this story! i'd appreciate comments, subscriptions, & recommendations. <3
love you!
now off to my lovely friend, Michaela.
Savannah~