Status: Updating if people like. :3

The Dead Are Living

Unanswered

I awoke up to shuffling outside the tent. I shook Vec awake.

“Vec, there’s something out there.” He fluttered his eyes open.

I heard it again. “Do you hear that?” I asked, just below a whisper.

He nodded in silence and stood up. “Stay here.” He whispered.

I complied as he grabbed his 10mm pistol. He slowly stepped out of the tent.

“Woah, holy shit.” I heard him say. “Don’t shoot, we’re not infected.”

“I see.” I heard an unfamiliar female voice. A human?

I rushed outside of the tent to see another boy and girl. Holy shit. People...

“Names?” The girl with the auburn hair demanded, holding her shotgun in our faces.

“Vector Steel and Kenadee Veils. You?” Vec managed to say.

“Jade Kilburn and Luke Fisher.” She said, lowering her weapon.

Vec and I exchanged an expression of relief. This is the first encounter with people we’ve had since the outbreak. Kind of nice to see other faces that didn’t have blood on their face and flesh between their teeth.

“So, what? You guys just camping here? Do you stick with one spot or you scavange around?” The one that goes by Jade asked, putting her shotgun away.

“Scavenge, you?” I replied.

“Same. We were just in some shit hole gas station, looking for what we could find of food. We found very little, but it’s better than nothing How have you guys been holding up? Found any good food lately?” Luke said.

I saw Jade give him a stern look. She seemed like a bit of a bitch. “No, we eat what we can which is just usually fish. And fruit when we can find it when it’s not rotten.”

“Well, we better get going. We have more scavenging to do. I guess I really-” Jade said before Luke yanked her away. They were discussing something major, I could tell it. I just didn’t know what they were saying.

I looked at Vec, “Should we let them go? Or group up with them? I don’t think it’d be too bad of an idea. I just don’t know how well I trust them..”

“I think it’s a good idea. It’s the only people we’ve seen since the world went to shit. Who knows, if we split up, we may never see another sign of human life again. You know it.”

I nodded, “You’re right, you’re right.”

“I know.” He smirked as I playfully shoved him.

We sat in silence for just a couple more minutes. I was fiddling with my thumbs, Vector was messing with his shirt. Jade and Luke soon came back over to rejoin the conversation.

“What do you say about grouping up? I mean, it’s been a while since we’ve seen humans. Could never see them again, you know? Why give up the chance now?” Luke questioned, eyeing me and Vector.

“We were just discussing the same thing, I think it’d be a good idea.” Vec said, glancing from me to them.

Jade didn’t look too happy about this. What was her deal?

“It’s settled.” I said, walking back over to the tent to go back to sleep.

New people. That’s good right? I wondered. Do you think we can trust them? This could be or the better, or for the worse.. Well, we’ll just have to find out now, won’t we?
♠ ♠ ♠
yes, it's short. yes, it's been a while since the last update.
sorry guys! but, it's here now. so, passing it on to my lovely bestfriend to give you the next chapter.
stay scary. c;