Rocking The House

Double Trouble

I wandered over to the group of people standing by the door and tapped Myah on the shoulder. She turned and looked at me with surprised eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Twins? Why didn't you say so?"

"I didn't think it was relevant, what does me having a twin have to do with you wanting to learn about curling. Nothing." She turned her back to me and continued talking with her friends. I sighed and wandered over to find Jack, who not surprsingly had planted himself in front of Becca and was doing his absolute best to try and impress her.

"So you see, you should just come out with me for one drink. That's all." I heard him almost begging.

"I'm sorry, I have team commitments this evening. Maybe tomorrow, we are planning on going to Green Gables after our morning draw since we have a bye in the afternoon. If you want to see us again, it might do you and your friend some good to show up."

"Green Gables?" Jack questioned.

"Go ask your boyfriend over there. My God, typical American, doesn't know anything about anything that isn't American." She mumbled, before grabbing her bag and walking gingerly out of the room.

Jack walked over to me with a big smile on his face. "Did you hear that? She wants us to go to this Green Gables thing with them tomorrow!"

"Yeah, and I heard. And we need to get you up to speed on your Anne of Green Gables knowledge, like ASAP." I chuckled. I grabbed his arm and pulled him from the room, waving to my parents before we got to the exit.

I stormed through the door to our hotel room and grabbed my laptop, logging into NetFlix and searching for Anne of Green Gables. The search brought up all the movies and I pressed play and sat it in front of Jack before going to the mini bar and grabbing us a couple beers. I sat down next to him on the couch, having learned about it and being forced to watch it in school I played with my phone while got educated in early life on PEI. I hadn't even noticed how much time had passed and when I looked at Jack he was passed out. Not that I had expected him to enjoy it or anything, but how was he supposed to show a small town Sasky girl that he wasn't an arrogant American Hockey player. I kicked his leg. "Wake up Jack. You're going to fail at impressing her if you don't know she is talking about tomorrow."

"Huh? What?" He looked around, wondering where the noise came from.

"Wipe the drool off your face bud, you've still got two more movies to go."

"No way man, you can not torture me enough to make it through two more of those movies. Please. We'll just get there before them and brush up on our knowledge then."

I laughed and nodded in agreement. "Okay, now let's go find my parents and maybe we can find a place to get some food and drinks."

"Or a place where we might be able to find us a couple twins? The teams must be going out for dinner somewhere. Use your Crosby charm to find out where." Jack grabbed his crutches and made his way towards the door. "Your parents are in room 506, incase you didn't know. Your mom told me while she nearly strangled me earlier." He smiled. I grabbed my wallet and followed him out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my dears. Sorry it's another short one, they will get a bit longer...I'm just setting them for some adventures at Green Gables. I love how Becc and Myah are totally shutting them down. :)