Rocking The House

Jack and Sid of Green Gables

We were unsuccessful in our attempts to try and locate the twins, we went to a few different restaurants around the hotel and finally stopped looking when my parents complained that the last two restaurants would have been just fine and they were hungry and just wanted to eat.

Jack and I slumped back into our hotel, belly's full and eyes glassy from a few too many drinks. Both of us talking about these girls who we barely knew, but would do anything to get to know them better. I drifted off, still fully clothed, thinking about brown hair, Pilsner, Roughriders, and prairie skies.

When I finally decided that I wanted to open my eyes I looked over at the clock. It was ten thirty and we had missed the first game of the day. I was a little disappointed but then realized that I was on vacation and getting up that early was against my religion. I picked up the phone and ordered room service for me and Jack, before heading into the shower.

When I got out I saw Jack had just finished paying our server and was setting up the tray at the table. "I'm kinda bummed we didn't run into them last night," Jack frowned as he buttered his toast.

"Yeah, me too. I hope that they actually show up today, otherwise it will be a complete waste of time."

******

"What are you doing?" I asked. Jack had just shut the door of the car and left his crutches inside.

"I'm going to try and walk on it for a bit. I'm tired of the crutches."

I scowled at him, knowing he could seriously set himself back in te rehab department if he messed up his knee anymore.

"Look Sid, I promise to ask for a wheelchair or something if it starts to hurt. Okay?"

I ignored him and walked towards the white and green house that stood before us. I was about to pay for our admission when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, expecting Jack, but was surprsied to see an elderly woman dressed in her historical costume. "Excuse me, are you Mr. Crosby?" She asked in a quiet voice.

"Um, yes."

"Oh Good! I'm so glad you could make it. I'm Martha. When your publicist called to say you and your friend were coming we were thrilled! Even more thrilled that you have decided to help out with out interprative demonstration today."

I stared back at the old woman. "What? Who called you? Interprative what?"

"Yes, your publicist Rebecca called yesterday to say that you and Mr. Johnson would be volunteering some time. Come on, let me show you where you can get changed." She grabbed my hand and lead me into the green and white building.

"Wait wait wait." I put my hand up and looked for Jack. I saw him approaching with a worried look on his face.

"What's going on Sid?" He asked when he was close enough that I would be able to hear him.

"Um, yeah. So my 'publicist' Rebecca called and said we were volunteering some time to do an interprative show today. Isn't that funny?" I rolled my eyes at him and he cracked up laughing.

"You're kidding me right?"

I shook my head as Martha pulled on my arm again, motioning for me to follow her. Jack and I followed slowly behind.

"Looks like we got played." He whispered.

"Yeah, no kidding. These girls better be worth it."

Martha took us into a room that was filled with turn of the century costumes. "Alright gentlemen, I need you ready in ten minutes. One of you will need to dress up as Anne, all of the stuff for her is over there." She pointed to a table lit with massive lights around a mirror. And then whoever is not Anne will need to be Gilbert. There are scripts and backround information on the table, and if you have any questions, for heavens sake please ask! We don't want this to be a fiasco." She smiled before shutting the door behind us.

"Shit, now I really wished I hadn't fallen asleep during the movie!" Jack had a look of sheer terror on his face. We stared at each other before racing over to the costumes and fighting for the Gilbert one.

"No way in hell am I playing a girl!" I yelled, shoving jack into a pile of props and grabbing the costume from his hand.

"Hey! No fair! I'm injured! Cheap move Sid!"

"If you were so injured you would have stayed on your crutches and maybe gotten us out of this. So suck it up buttercup and put your dresss on!"

Jack huffed as he grabbed the costume off the table and went behind the curtain to get dressed. I quickly pulled on the trousers and button up shirt before putting a hat on my head. Thank god I didn't have to be Anne I thought to myself. I saw Jack poke he head out. "Is anyone looking?" He asked.

"Not yet" I chuckled. He took another look around the room before stepping out. I couldn't help the fit of laughter that came over me when I saw him.

"Sexy Jack. I never knew you dressed up so well. Red hair really suits you."

"Shut your face Crosby. If doing this gets me laid in the long run, it will all be worth it."

I continued to laugh. "Hey, grab your phone. We NEED to Tweet this shit." Jack pulled his phone out of the front pocket of his dress and held it up and we took a self portait of us. "What are you going to title this one?"

"Jack and Sid of Green Gables."

A moment later Martha walked in. "Alright boys, are you ready?"

Jack and I both shook our heads.

"It's okay, we have cue cards for you to read." She handed both of us a stack of cards before pushing us out onto stage.

I looked out into the crowd to see a bunch of women dressed in Green and white jackets. Myah sitting front row and centre, he evil twin sister sitting to her right. Both of the laughing hysterically and snapping photos. Shit. That was going to be all over every social media outlet on the internet.

"It's showtime" I whispered to Jack. "Let's get this over with as soon as humanly possible." He nodded his head in agreement and starting reading the first card.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAHAHHAHAHAH I'm laughing at Sid and Jack standing up there. Jack with the red pigtails. AWESOME.

If I made you laugh, please comment and let me know. It's my goal to bring some lightness into your day!! Life is so much more enjoyable when you can laugh.

As always, thanks for subscribing, recommending, reading, and commenting. Much love xoxo