Rocking The House

Tyson

I fished my phone out of my pocket and texted Jack.

Sid: Where are you?

While I waited for him to reply I made my way back to my hotel and let the events of the evening go over in my brain. Myah had a kid, with Ebs. I was tempted to phone him right then and there and then decided it would be against my better judgement, considering the state I was in. The cab driver pulled up to my hotel and I felt my phone buzz.

Jack: Hanging out with Becca in our room. Are you okay?

Sid: I'm fine, I'll be there in a few minutes. Put your clothes back on.

I hit send and walked into the lobby.

When I reached our room I swiped my key card and opened the door, praying that Jack was half decent and I wouldn't have to see him naked again. They were sitting on the couch, having drinks and thankfully fully clothed when I got there. I walked over to Becca and stood in front of her. "Next time we play against him I'm gonna fucking kill him? How could he do that to her?"

She slowly put her drink down "So she told you about Jordan then?"

"Yes she told me about Jordan."

"Did she tell you about Tyson?"

"Tyson? Her kid? His name is Tyson? Yes she told me about him, but she didn't tell me his name."

"Hold up, wait. Are you saying Myah has a son?" Jack asked.

"Yes!" Becca and I said together.

"Holy shit. Well that changes things doesn it?" He asked.

"I know, and she practically ran from me after she told me. I tried to stop her, but she just kept running."

Becca blew the air out between her lips and turned back to the couch, grabbing her drink. "She's freaked out Sid. She told me that she has feelings for you that she hasn't felt since Jordan, but she can't risk getting hurt again."

"I'm not going to hurt her. I wish she could see that." I pounded my fist on the coffee table in frustration. "I should go after her."

'No, don't." Becca came and put her hand on my arm. "She needs some time. I'll go and talk to her, just make sure you guys are at the game tomorrow. If we win in the morning we make the playoffs, and you better pray we make the playoffs and are around for a few more days if you want to get to know my sister." She grabbed her jacket and purse from the couch and gave Jack a kiss on the cheek. "You better be there tomorrow too." She smiled as she left our room.

"Those twins, are trouble for us my friend." Jack patted my back, finding his seat on the couch.

"I know. This was probably the worst time possible for me to ever get involved with someome, but I can't help it. I think I love her."

"Love her!?" Jack spit out his beer. "Sid, you've got to be kidding me, you barely know the girl."

"I know, but whatever it is I'm feeling for her I have never felt for anyone ever."

"I think you need another drink my friend." Jack tossed me a can of beer and I happily opened it.

*********

We arrived for the game just in time, and my heart lifted when I saw her in her seat. She was wearing a green and white Team Saskatchewan Jacket. As we got to our seats she turned to us. "Hey. I brought you a coffee. I wasn't sure how you like it so ther are creamers and sugar in the bag." She handed me the coffee and I could see in her eyes this was her way of trying to apologize for running off yesterday.

"Black is good." I smiled back at her. "Thanks."

"Hey? What about me?" Jack poked over my shoulder and pouted. "Yeah yeah, I got you one too. Here ya go Captain America." She passed the cup to me so I could hand it to Jack.

The game started and finally, after five days of watching this sport I was finally starting to get it. It did take my dad drawing me another diagram for me to understand the whole concept of patting the broom here and holding it there. This could be fun and I might just have to suggest this to the guys back in Pittsburgh for a team building event or something. I wasn't even sure if they had curling rinks in the Burgh.

At the fifth end break Saskatchewan was up 4-2 over Ontario and they had all the momentum, you could see the confidence beeming off our the faces of the girls on the ice. I just hoped that they wouldn't let it get to their heads, I needed to have Myah around for a few more days.

"I'm sorry about yesterday." She said out of the blue.

"Hmm?"

"Yesterday, I'm sorry I ran. I just got really freaked out. The way you look at me, well no one has ever looked at me like that, and I got scared. I'm sorry."

"Myah, don't be sorry. I just need you to know that I would never do to you what Jordan did. You have been dealt an unfair hand at life, and handled it better than anyone I know. Tell me about Tyson. How old is he?

A huge smile spread across her face at the mention of her son. "He's two, and the most amazing little guy in the world. Do you want to see a picture?" She asked.

"Of course." I smiled and watched her pull out her phone. It was full of pictures of her and Tyson. He looked just like his father, there was no denying the paternity there. "He's very cute, takes after his mom." I laughed as she put her phone away.

"I think he looks like his father, and sometimes I find it hard for me to look at him." He tone changed and she looked back at the ice.

I cleared my throat, trying to decide if I would be pushing it or not. "Will you teach me how to curl?" I asked nervously. Praying that she would say yes. She looked up at me with the eyes that I loved so much and smiled.

"I'd love to. Tonight, after the last game. I bet I can arrange for us to have a sheet of ice. Meet me here at nine." She giggled and went back to focusing on the game that had started again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like someone is starting to give in to the charm!! I'm excited to see Sid try to curl. This should be interesting!!

Thanks to all who take the time to comment and for making my day when I see the orange lamp light up on the top of the screen!!