Rocking The House

Detention

I don't even know what time I woke u,p but it was light outside so it couldn't have been too early. I took a quick shower and loaded my stuff into the car. Knowing Jack was still asleep a grabbed one of his hockey sticks from the garage and headed back upstairs. I opened the door to find him sleeping on top of his unmade bed. I still wasn't going to go in there if I didn't have to so I reached the stick across the room and nudged his foot. Jack grunted and tried to readjust himself. "Jack, get up we gotta get going!" I wasn't very nice about because if I didn't yell at him he would never wake up.

"Huh?" He asked all groggy.

"Take a shower I'm leaving in twenty minutes with or without you."

"Good morning to you too sunshine." He said as he sat himself up in bed. "You didn't have to poke me. And why are you standing so far away?"

"I already did your dishes, I'm not stepping foot in your bedroom. Get up and I'll see you in twenty minutes." I closed the door and headed back downstairs.

Sure enough, fifteen minutes later jack came down the stairs, duffle bag slung clumsily over his shoulder while he maneuvered the stairs with his crutches.

"A little help?" He asked when we was half way down.

"Sure, toss me your bag." I replied from the bottom of the stairs. Jack full on threw the bag hitting me squarely in the face.

"That's for your wake up call." He laughed as he made the final descent.

~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~

"I'm glad to see we have both matured." I said as we left the house and headed towards my car.

With my lead foot we made it to St Mary's in record time I was more excited to see Taylor than I thought, plus when Jack started singing Spice Girls it motivated me even more. He was still singing when we pulled into the parking lot.

"Tell me what you want what you really really want..."

"The fact that you know the words to the Spice Girls kinda scares me." I admitted as we walked up to the main entrance. It was two o'clock and Taylor would be in her last class. We stopped at the office and spoke to the secretary. I was sure she was there when we went there.

"Hello, I'd like to know what class my sister is in." I spoke in my nicest voice. I looked over a Jack and saw he was smiling too. We used to be gods here, it felt kinda like home.

"Welcome back Mr Crosby and Mr Johnson. It's been awhile."

"Yes it has been, just stopping through to see Taylor."

"Let me have a look, yes, looks like she is in math class. Mrs Carlton room 235. I looked over a Jack who had a huge smile on his face. I knew exactly what he was thinking. As we walked away I shoved him "You're such a perv."

"Hey she isn't my teacher anymore, so there is nothing wrong with it."

"Do you even know her first name?" I asked.

"Why yes good friend I do, it's Karla. Karla Carlton. So hot." He smiled as he knocked on the door of room 235. A moment later the door opened and I poked my head inside to see if I could see Taylor. I spotted her in the third row and waved.

"Can I help you?" Mrs. Carlton asked.

"Hi Mrs. Carlton, um yeah, I was wondering if I might be able to pull Taylor from class."

"For what?" He voice was stern.

"Well Jack and I here just arrived for a short visit and would like to spend some quality time with my little sister."

"I'm afraid that is impossible Mr Crosby. Taylor is in the middle of a test."

"Please?" I was almost begging. From the corner of my eye I could see Jack jumping up and down on his good leg, waving his crutch trying to get Taylor's attention. I looked back into the classroom to see her head on her desk. I'm pretty sure we embarassed the shit out of her.

"No Mr Crosby. I don't care who you are or what you do you cannot just waltz back into this school like you own it and expect to pull Taylor out of her class! Now of you will excuse me I need to go settle my class down. Good bye." And she slammed the door in our faces.

Jack and I stood there for a moment before huge smiles crossed both of our faces. "You know what this calls for don't you?" Jack asked.

"We are going to get into so much shit if we get caught. And since you can't run you better go and wait by the car." I smiled as I tossed him the keys.

~~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later I saw Taylor come waltzing down the walkway with the rest of the students. She looked mortified and pissed. Fuck.

"Please tell me you didn't do what I think you just did?"

"Did what?"

"Sid did you and Jack just pull the fire alarm?"

"Come on Tay, we are way too mature to pull a stunt like that. But now that you are out of class we should get going. " I was almost convincing myself that we had gotten away with it when Jack nudged me and from behind Taylor I saw Mrs Carlton come storming towards us. A look for pure hatred on her face. She stopped before me and pointed.

"You two! Come with me! Now!"

Jack and I looked at each other. "Shit!" We burst out laughing at the same time. Reluctantly we followed Mrs Carlton.

"Principal Adams wants to see you." Fuck, principal Adams hated me and Jack. Mostly because he knew all the shit we caused and he could never prove it. This should be interesting

When we reached the office we were escorted into Principal Adams office. He was sitting at his desk wearing the same smug face we wore six years ago.

"Hello gentlemen." He said dryly. "Welcome back."

"It's nice to see you too principal Adams." Jack said, trying to keep from laughing.

Principal Adams was an older man, he was balding and had a large nose to go along with his overly large figure. His pants were always tailored to be about three inches too short and he smelled of tobacco and sweat. It was no wonder he never got married. But hey, who am I to judge.

"I'd like to show you guys something. If you'll just take a look right here." He pointed to his computer monitor. Playing on the screen was a video of Jack hobbling down the hall seconds before I pulled the alarm.

"You guys installed cameras? When did you do that?" Jack asked bewildered.

"Seems like six or seven years ago we had problems with someone setting off smoke bombs in the girls bathroom. We installed them to try and catch who was doing it. Never did though, those bastards. Is it coincidence that right after you two left the school we didn't have any more incidents? I always knew it was you two but I could never prove it. Now I've caught you red handed!" He seemed triumphant at his capture. "Do you two know that pulling a false fire alarm is a felony in the state of Minnesota?"

Jack and I looked at each other. We couldn't hold it anymore. We burst into a fit of laughter. "Seriously?" I said between laughs. "You want to press charges?" I couldn't stop I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

"No you dumb asses, I'm going to have more pleasure in watching you two chaperon the dance tomorrow night." Principal Adams had a triumphant smile.

"You want us to what?" Jack asked, trying to keep a straight face but laughing harder each time he looked at him.

"You two are going to be chaperons tomorrow night. You'll show up at six o'clock or I will be pressing charges. Now get out of my office.

We didn't have to think twice. We got up and bolted from his office. That was the first and hopefully last time I would ever be called to the principals office.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been trying to write this chapter all day but keep getting interrupted. I hope I made you laugh! I'm laughing just thinking of the two of them sitting in the principals office. Sorry for any typos....iPhone. Lol