Rocking The House

Sid and Jack Rock the House (Literally)

Unfortunately for me, Ontario made a come back and Saskatchewan lost in an extra end 6-5. I knew I would have to make the most of the time I spent with Myah tonight, she would probably leave tomorrow.

"Wow Sid, I didn't know you could clean up so well. I've been used to seeing you in your scrubs for the past couple weeks." Jack teased as he looked himself over in the mirror. The last minute date had required a trip to the mall for a new shirt and a bottle of cologne. Becca had texted Jack and asked to join what would now be our double date. I was looking forward to it.

"I didn't know you cleaned up so well either Jack. Purple, it really suits you." I laughed as I finished getting ready.

"Hey! You picked it out."

"Yeah, I picked it out so I would look better than you. I can't believe you let me do that."

"You're such an ass Crosby. I can't believe I've stuck around this long."

"Simmer down Captain America, or neither of us is going get what we want tonight. Don't forget about your bet." I winked.

"Um, yeah, about the bet....do you think maybe we could revise it?"

"Are you chickening out Jack?" I made chicken clucking noises at him as he lunged at me and pulled me into a headlock.

"I'm. Not. Chickening. Out." He managed to say inbetween the beatings he was handing me. We were on the floor full on wrestling now, I elbowed him in the ribs causing him to flip over when I had the opportunity to kick him in the ass, I did. "My leg! Fuck Sid! Shit!" I stopped dead what I was doing. His damn leg, crap.

"Shit, Jack. I'm sorry! Are you okay?" I asked as I leaned over him. He opened his eyes and smiled.

"Gotcha!" He pulled me by my shoulders making me do a summersault over him and knocking a lamp off the desk.

"You piece of shit. I thought I really hurt you." I managed to stand up and tried to straighten my shirt.

"Come on Sid, I've got like three inches and thirty pounds on you, you're not going to hurt me." He laughed as he got up from the floor. "Come on, we don't want to be late for our hot date."

'I can't believe I'm double dating with you, with twin sisters. This is unreal. Who would have thought it."

"Ask me a week ago if I'd be in Charlottetown watching curling going on a date with twins, I would have laughed in your face."

'Me too buddy, me to." I laughed.

******

"Okay, put these on" Becca said as she and Myah handed us both a red plastic cover thing for our shoe. "This is called a slider. It goes on your shoe to make you slide, obviously. Are you boys right or left handed?" She asked.

"Right." We both said.

"Perfect!" Myah instructed me to hold up my left foot. "Okay so rule number one. ALWAYS step on the ice with your right foot so you don't land flat on your ass. Got it?" She looked at us.

We nodded our heads as we strapped on our sliders and stepped onto the ice, making sure we did so with our right foot.

"Okay, so this is called the hack and it's where you make your shot from. To throw the rock you need to put your right foot in it, like this." She demonstrated the proper positioning and then grabbed a rock. "Curling is all about balance so you will need to go slow until you can get the hang of it. Hold the rock in your right hand, bring it back to your foot, and then push forward like this." She performed a perfect delivery and released the rock, we watched it soar down to the other hand.

"Alright boys, your turn." Myah grabbed my hand and lead me over to the hack. "Okay, you are going to line yourself up and aim at me." She walked out to the hog line.

"What about a broom?" I asked.

"That comes later. Alright Crosby, show me what you've got!" I knelt down into the hack and slowly pushed out. I landed on my ass in about one second. "That's why you don't use a broom when you start. You need to learn your balance without it. Let Jack have a go." She pointed towards him and he slid over to the hack. Jack's delivery was just as disasterous as mine. We were all laughing so hard that it was hard to breathe. "Okay, how about we give sweeping a try." Myah pulled me down the ice so we were by ourselves and handed me a broom. "Are you having fun?" She asked. I nodded as I tried to sweep the rock she had pushed past me. "Thanks for not giving up on me. I'm happy you came." I looked up at her.

"Me too."

I was sweeping me rock when she came up behind me. "You'll get better results if you put more pressure on it. Like this." She moved my grip on the handle then moved my legs farther apart. "Like this." Her lips were inches from my ear and I instantly felt myself begin to sweat.

"Oh, okay." I turned and looked at her. "Thanks"

"Hey Sid, watch out!" I looked up and saw fourty pounds of granit barrelling towards me, Jack on his ass at the other end of the ice. I didn't have time to move. The rock knocked both of us over and we fell into a laughing heap on the ice.

"What did ya do that for?" I asked to Jack as I continued to laugh. "You could have killed me."

"Oh, lighten up Captain Canada, you're fine." He mocked me held his arm out to help me up.

"My turn." I grabbed a rock and lowered myself into the hack. This time I didn't fall and when I let go of the rock Myah went after it, carefully judging if she should sweep it or not. She waited until right at the end to start sweeping it, making it stop in the red rings. I jumped up and help up my broom and arms in excitement. "Yes!" She came running down the ice and threw her arms around me.

"Good shot Sid." I wrapped my arms around her, ecstatic that I could finally hold her. I looked down at her and saw her smiling face.

Taking her face in my hands I whispered "Thanks" before placing a soft kiss on her lips.

I heard Jack whistle something and then mumble for us to get a room i raised mt hand behind myahs back and flipped him the bird before I forgot about everything except the girl that was in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter is what I based the title of the story off of, it's taken me a long time to get here so I hope you enjoy!