Rocking The House

Close Call

"Hello Officer" I greeted him as I wound the window all the way down.

"Good day, license and registration please."

I lifted my butt off the seat so I could grab my wallet. Once I fished out my license I handed it along wtih my registration over to him.

"Thank you, I'll be right back."

As I waited for him to come back Jack woke up.

"Why'd we stop?" He asked still half asleep.

"Speeding ticket, it's all good though, you can go back to sleep."

"Speeding ticket? Sid, you lead foot is getting you into trouble." Jack stretched his arms and sat up in his seat.

"Yeah, some co-pilot you are, falling asleep. Whatever, I'm sure I wasn't over by that much."

Constable Carlton knocked back on my window and i wound it down.

"Mr. Crosby, seems the prodigy has returned doesn't it? You were over the limit by twenty miles and hour, however, since my wife teaches at St. Mary's and I know she will be upset if I ticket you I'm going to let you off with a warning."

"Yes sir, thank you."

Jack looked over at him. "Yes, thank you very much sir. Who is your wife? We will have to thank her the next time we are in town."

"Her name is Karla Carlton, she's a math teacher. And you are?"

Poor Jack, he was always overlooked when he was in my presence, and when I looked over at him his smile had disappeared completely. I saw him swallow before muttering. "Jack Johnson sir."

"Nice to meet you Jack. I know this is pretty unprofessional of me but I was wondering if you could sign this for me?" He handed me a notepad.

"Yeah, um sure. Who would you like me to make it out to?"

"If you could make it out to Karla, my wife that would be awesome, and if you could both sign it that would be great." I could see his face going red as he asked us. I quickly scribbled on the notepad and passed it over to Jack. I saw him smile as he took the paper. When he passed it back I took a quick glance.

"Dear Karla,
Sorry I missed you, until next time."
Jack Johnson

When I looked at him winked and I handed it back to Constable Carlton.

"Thank you gentlemen so much, you have a nice day now." He walked away from the car and I let out a huge sigh of relief. I started the ignition and pulled slowly out onto the highway until the patrol car was out of sight.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked
"What do you mean what just happened? We got pulled over by Mrs. Carlton's husband. Holy fuck."
"I know, and I'm glad you learned to keep your mouth shut, except with your little note."
"Haha, I had to give her a little momento of our night together." Jack laughed as he reclined his seat back.
"So are you going to tell me about it or what? I can't believe that you slept with our old math teacher and then we get pulled over by her husband. You are so sick in the head."
"Hey, you're the one who was speeding, and I don't know if I want to tell you about it, it might take awhile." He said as he closed his eyes.
"We still have another five hours to go, so spill the beans." I said as I put the car on cruise control.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. This ones short, I know....
Next stop for the guys is Thunder Bay...exciting I know right. Well maybe they can get into trouble on the farm or something.
Also, if you enjoy my story will you please recommend it? I'm trying to get it out there....
Thanks!!