Rocking The House

Cow Tipping

Why was I the only one with an injury that didn't hinder my ability to lift things and have fun? I asked Jordan to help unload the car only to realize once we got to it he only had one arm available was able to bring in Jack's duffle bag, that was all. I was on my second trip when Mr. Staal came and helped bring everything inside. I breathed a sigh of relief when I was done.
"Oh Sid, I'm so happy you're here! It's been way too long!" Linda squealed as she pulled me into a hug. I've got your room all set up. You can stay in Eric's room, and Jack can have Marc's room. I made some chili, it's in the slow cooker if you boys are hungry."

Linda Staal reminded me so much of my mom. It kinda made me sad that I hadn't called her yet to tell her I was coming but I wanted it to be a surprise.

I settled into the couch to relax and Jordan came in with a round of beer for everyone.

"Sid, I'm glad you bought the good stuff!" He said as he walked back to the kitchen to get us some food. I got up from the couch to help put the chili on the dining room table. Between Jack's busted knee and Jordan's busted hand, I had a feeling I would be doing my fair share of heavy lifting in the next few days.

We settled down to eat at the table and got lost in conversation with the Staal's about raising four hockey players and we all brought up our memories of skating on ponds and homemade rinks. The drinks were flowing and the food was plentiful. Never any doubt when you visit with another hockey family. They were always so hospitable. I remember my first semester at St. Mary's and Jack took me back to his parent's place for American Thanksgiving. Their place always felt like home. Now the Staal's place felt like home too. We sat like this for hours, making fun of Jack and his American ways which he always took with a grain of salt. I was the brunt of all the big ass jokes and poor Jordy, he had somewhat of a middle child complex, even though technically he wasn't a middle child. I felt the beer going to my head, but I wasn't ready for the night to end. Mr. and Mrs. Staal packed it in around one in the morning and when they had gone to bed I looked at Jordan. "I have an idea."
Jack and Jordan raised their eyebrows at me. I know, I never come up with the fun idea.
"Jordy do you guys have any extra boots we can borrow?"
"I don't know man, nothing small enough to fit your feet." He laughed as he finished his drink. "What is your idea. And it better be good."
"Oh you'll seeeeee." I extenuated the "e" due to the beer. "And we might need a wheelchair for Jack."
"Wheelchair? Sorry Sid, we don't have any of those here. How about a wheelbarrow?"
"Perfecto my friend!" Suddenly Jack looked up at me. "No way jose, you are not putting me in a wheelbarrow."
"Come on Jack, we need to be able to get a fast get away."
He rolled his eyes. "Who are you and what have you done to Mr. Cautious, by the books Crosby?"
"He left when the drinks were opened. Let's do a shot before we go! Jordan, what's in the liquor cabinet?"
"Jesus Sid, slow down. Le'ts go find you some boots and then we'll stuff Jack in the wheelbarrow, you can take your shot and then you'll tell us what this brilliant idea is of yours."
"Sounds good. Jacky Boooooooooooyyyy. You should fill up the cooler we're gonna need it." When I looked over at him he was looking at me dumbfounded.

Twenty minutes later we were all geared up, the cooler was packed, and Jordan had run to the barn to get something to push Jack around in. "Okay Crosby, spill the beans what is it that you have planned?" Jordan asked as he zipped up his coat.
"We're going cow tipping!" I was so excited that I fist pumped the air. When I looked at Jack and Jordan, I could tell they didn't exactly share my enthusiasm. "What?" I asked.
"Sid, you know you can't really tip a cow? It's just a myth. Me and my brothers tried hundreds of times when we were kids, it's just not possible to sneak up on a cow without it waking up." Leave it to Jordan to burst my bubble.
"Really?" I whole plan was shattered and I was kinda disappointed.
"Sorry bud. That doesn't mean we can't go out and cause shome shit. Let me go grab my pellet gun."

I sat down defeated. For once in my life I was letting loose and having a good time all for it be put to a stop before it even starts. Mad at myself I went to the cooler and got another drink. I was halfway done it when Jordan came back upstairs with two pellet huns and carton full of pellets. "I know just the place to go." A huge smile crossed his face.

We all piled into Henry's backhoe, he would kill us if he knew we had taken it. We didn't think drinking and driving on the roads was a good idea so we opted for the slower pace of the farm equipment. Probably not the best decision, but it was fun non the less. Jordan climbed in the drivers seat and when we were out of range of the house he started blowing the horn. Jack and I sat back and laughed. Man, we could do some dumb shit. We drove out to a field on the side of the mountain that actually had a small wood shelter built on it. A project the boys probably worked on when they were kids. About a hundred yards away there was a fence and we took our empties and lined them up on it for target practice. I can't actually say that I had ever shot a gun of any sort so when Jordy handed me the gun I pointed and missed my target. I blame it on the alcohol.

We sat in the hut drinking and shooting aimlessly at the targets.
"Who would have thought the three of us would be here shooting beer cans instead of playing?" Jack asked.
"Sure as hell not me. It's nice to be away from the game for a bit and out of the loop. How did you break your hand Gronk?" I asked as I threw my latest empty into the snow. "Wait, don't tell me yet, I gotta take a leak." I got up and stumbled out of the shelter. "I'm gonna write my name in the snowww!" I yelled as I unzipped my pants.
"Good try Sid, but I'm a master of writing my name in the snow, what do you think we do all winter long here. Move over." Before I knew it Jordan was beside me.
"I definitely don't want to be left out of this one. Let me in!" Jack hobbled up to my other side.
"Okay, on the count of three we all pee. One, Two, Three!" We looked ridiculous, but I was laughing so hard that I couldn't do anything but rotate my hips into circles and pray to god I didn't hit the guys.

I zipped up my pants and ran to put the cans up for target on the fence. I was putting the third one on the fence when I heard the pop of the gun. One second later I felt the pellet hit me in ass and searing pain come a second after that and a screamed in pain.. I looked back and saw Jack standing in the light from the headlights of the backhoe holding the gun. Laughing. My best friend just shot me in the ass with with a pellet gun. I started running towards him, and when I got close enough I bent down, in spite of the pain, and picked up a handful of snow. Jack knew what was coming and in defense he tried to bend down too, but his knee wouldn't allow for it. He quickly shoved the snow down the back of his pants. Now I had a sore ass and he had a wet one. Even.

I grabbed a few more drinks from the cooler and settled into the backhoe. "How's you ass Sid?" I heard Jack chuckle.
"You are such a douche, what did I ever do to you to deserve that?"
"Remember in tenth grade when you made out with Mandy Walters? That's what you did."
"Are you trying to tell me that you've been holding a grudge against me for seven years because I made out with a girl you liked? When I was like fourteen?" I was laughing so hard at this point and when I looked at the guys there were too. "Where did you learn to shoot like that anyways?" I asked.
"I'm from Michigan, everyone owns a gun. Including my dad. He used to take me to target pracise with him."
"Maybe you should use that aim to try and score some goals." Jordan said, still laughing as he grabbed the gun from Jack. I looked over a Jack who tried to use his crutch to kick snow at Jordan.
"Maybe we should head back." I suggested.
"Good idea, we gotta get this baby back before my dad wakes up in a few hours." Jordan said as he started the ignition. We helped Jack climb into the cab and putted along the field until the backhoe came to a sputtering stop halfway back to the house.
"Jordan, is that supposed to happen?" Jack asked.
"Nope, must be out of gas." He giggled. "Looks like we're gonna have to walk and it looks like we've got some explaining to do to my old man."
"I can't walk all that way!" Jack whined as climbed down.
"See, we should have gotten you the wheelbarrow." I teased. "Use Jordan's good arm for balance and me for the other. We'll get ya home." If felt like it took us forever and when we finally reached the house we could see the sky starting to lighten. I had no idea what time it was. We thought we were being quiet but as soon as we shut the door we were greeted by Henry who was getting a cup of coffee.
"Long night boys?" He asked as he poured some milk into his cup.
The three of us looked at eachother and burst into stupid druken giggles.
"Um, dad....the backhoe kinda ran out of gas out in the field." Jordan was trying to keep a straight face. Henry back looked at him with a serious face.
"Well I guess once you boys sober up you're gonna have to find a way to get it back. After you are done on Barn Duty. Now get to bed before I make you work off your drunken state."
"Yes sir!" We all said in unison before heading off to bed. Before I got to my room I looked over at Jordan.
"Hey Gronk, what's barn duty? I asked.
"It's our punishment. We get to spend our morning hungover and shoveling shit. Aren't you glad you come to visit?" He laughed be as he shut the door to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG I can't even tell you how much fun I had writing this chapter. Sid getting drunk and having fun, who knew! And Jack shooting him in the ass, I'm laughing just thinking thinking about it. I hope you like! I hope I made u laugh. If I succeeded please let me know!