Status: Undecided

A Day in The New World.

Day 1: The beginning.

The news reports we’re stating that the CDC was working on a cure for this ‘new virus out break’. I’m Eliza Williams currently in the United States Navy as a Nurse and Histopathologist. I take care of my 11 year old cousin, Louise and this is the story of the day the world became much more different.
I was driving to pick up my cousin from school just like any other day and when I pulled up to Emerson Middle School I couldn’t believe my eyes. The reports about a new virus outbreak where the dead was coming back to life was true. I sat in my truck in awe I saw kids running from the dead, parents trying to grab their children and quickly get to their vehicles without getting scratched or bit. I took my 9 millimeter out of the glove department and an extra clip just in case if I needed it, looked around my vehicle then got out and ran toward the entrance of the school screaming ‘Louise where are you?!’ She started screaming in pain and it sounded like it was coming from the office so I walked in and there were two walkers gnawing on my cousin. I closed the door quickly and shot both in the head. My cousin looked at me and the look she was giving me was to put her to rest because she know that she wouldn’t survive this so I pressed the gun to her head said ‘I’m so sorry this happened to you sweetheart. I love you very much and at least you don’t have to live through this because it may get worse.’ She whispered softly ‘I love you too’ then I pulled the trigger.
I sat and cried in the office for 30 minutes. Then I told myself ‘Pick yourself up you pussy or you’re going to end up like those people outside.’ I got up looked out the office window and saw only 3 walkers on the side and figured it was the safest exit so I busted the window, took those three zombies out and ran to my truck. As soon as my truck was started I left for home and never looked back.
When I got home I gathered up knives, guns, food, any drinks I had in the house, clothes, medicine and photo albums. Then I drove to base and saw that it was vacant so I decided to go in the infirmary and clean out all the medical supplies there. I saw a note with Officer Williams written on it. I opened it up and it said ‘meet me in Atlanta it’s the reported refugee camp’. After that I went to raid the gun closet for any leftover guns, explosives and ammunition. There was quite a bit of ammunition left but only a few guns. So I packed my truck very quickly and hit the road not knowing what I was getting myself into.
I was driving down the streets of Atlanta shocked at the sight. Everything was empty, it was like a ghost town. As I turned on Marietta St I saw and man in a police uniform with bag of guns on his back and I had hope. I honked the horn at him and he turned around he got off the horse and I rolled down the window. He said ‘Thank God another person. Ma’am do you know where the refugee camp is? I said ‘No sir I don’t.’ We heard the moaning of the dead ahead of us and he looked at me with fear and I said ‘get in the car quick.’ He got in and I turned the truck around only seconds later to run into another herd. I looked at him and said ‘There’s a backpack in there pack all the stuff you can in that and make it quick we might need to run in that tank you cover my ass I’ll cover yours. Alright?’ He nodded and packed. We got near a tank when the horse got taken down by walkers about a two blocks away. I looked at the man next to me and said ‘Names Eliza Williams I figured you should know just in case we die but we have to run.’ He replied ‘Rick Grimes and ok let’s go.
We both opened our doors fired at every walker that got too close to us when Rick his bag and hat knocked off in front of the tank about 10 feet from the horse I said’ leave it and get in’. We climbed up the tank 4 walkers after us as we closed the hatch to it. Rick went to the side by a man in uniform whom looked dead but as he searched for weapons the man reanimated as a walker and rick fired a shot into the soldier’s brain. The shot created a pitch sound that made my ears ring for several minutes. Suddenly from the CB in the tank we heard a man speaking ‘Hey dumbasses you alive in there?.. Yea you in the tank. ’ Rick got up ran to it said ‘Hello Hello can you hear me?’ The man replied ‘Yeah I can. You guys are stuck in a tank with a bunch of geeks around you. That’s the bad part.’ Rick said I don’t know about you but I’m a little concerned in here. The man asked ‘Got any ammo?’ Rick said ‘Hold on… Eliza how much ammo you have on you for your gun?’ I replied ‘10 and a clip with 17.’ He said ‘Good, I have a Berretta, one clip 15 rounds and the woman with me has 10 left with another clip of 17.’ The man said ‘Ok I suggest you make a run for it you don’t have much time. There’s an alley way about 50 feet, be there.’ Rick asked ‘Hey kid what’s your name?’ He answered ‘didn’t you here you don’t have much time.’ Rick looked at me and said ‘Let’s go. Don’t die on me Eliza. I replied ‘you too Rick.’ Rick grabbed the shovel off the rack and opened the hatch and hit the first walker on the right side of us.
We jumped off and ran taking down about 4 or 5 walkers each. When we got to the alley way Rick had his gun up and pointed in a young Asian man’s face and he said ‘NO NOT DEAD!’ Rick put his gun down and we all ran about 20 feet to a latter. The young Asian man went up first, then me. Rick was still shooting until he ran out of bullets and the Asian man screamed ‘what are you doing come on!’ Rick climbed quickly just as walkers were almost swarming the latter way. Rick let out a breath and said ‘Rick, thank you.’ The Asian man said ‘Glenn you’re welcome.’ I stuck my hand out to Glenn and said ‘I’m Eliza and thank you.’ He shook it then said ‘Welcome.’ He looked down and saw a walker trying to climb the latter and said ‘Oh no.’ Then thought and looked up and said ‘One good thing It’ll be the fall the kills us.’ Then we started climbing and went across a board on the roof one by one so it wouldn’t snap because of weight. Rick asked ‘At the tank why did you stick your neck out for us?’ He replied ‘The foolish naïve hope that maybe one day if I’m ever that far up shit creek that someone will do the same for me… Guess I’m a bigger dumbass than you guys. Glenn dropped his bag down and offered to drop mine down but I told him ‘There’s a bunch of stuff including explosives in there so I don’t want to chance it blowing up.’ He said ok then climbed down and we followed him. We were walking down a stair way when Glenn pulls out a walkie talkie and says ‘I’m here there’s four geeks by the door I have guests.’ We got down the stairs as two of the walkers noticed us and then two men came out and started hitting them with a bat and a crow bar then we ran to the door and Glenn called out to them ‘Come on!’ The ran back and Rick got slammed up to a table by an angry blond woman and she had a what looked to me like a 9 millimeter to me pointed in his face. She said ‘You sons of bitches I should kill you both for this. We are all dead because of you idiots.’ One of the men that met us at the door said ‘Andrea back the hell off.’ Rick had a confused look on his face ‘I don’t quite understand.’ I said ‘Gun shots attract the walkers. Any noise does.’ He nodded. Then we heard gun shots coming from the roof. Andrea says ‘Oh no that’s not Dixon is it? Andrea walked through what looked to be a department store Glenn looked at the glass doors and said ‘Looks like the geeks know we’re here.’ Then he looked at Rick and I and said ‘Come on.’