Status: On Hold

Worlds Apart

VI

As they were coming about the ship Cordelia saw the tail of a fish that caused her to paused.

“Cordelia, we can’t wait. The crew is ready to cast off.” Damien said as he swept her into his arms and rushed her onto the ship. Kissing her lips he told her to stay out of the crews way as everyone was rushing around in a panic.

“Jay! Gibbs!” His voice was demanding and in control. Jay and Gibbs headed over as fast as they could over. “Jay did you see what colors the ship was?”

“Yes sir, Pirates. And they left two people. Their in the barracks. A man and a women.” Jay said flustered.

“Gibbs, any idea where they're taking him?”

“No sir, but the women is your mother. She may know something.”

“Damn, why is it alway her?” He said under her breath. “Everything ready to go?”

“Yes.” Jay answered.

“Okay. Set sail.” He told Gibbs as he looked over at Cordelia who was talking to something over the railing.

Cordelia looked down at her friend Merae as she tried to tell her to leave before one of the men saw her. Merae said how she was going to follow the ship and keep the others away before she sunk underwater. Cordelia felt arms wrap around her waist.

“Who are you talking to?” Damien asked peering over the railing.

“No one.” She said as she turned into him. Trying to hide the little hint of a lie that she kissed his cheek and hugged him. “Where are they taking your father?”

“I don’t know. But you get to see my mother again.” He said peering over her shoulder, he saw his mother Angelica and a man appear on deck. The beach of tortuga behind them.

“Cordelia!” The man yelled His face had a wide grin. Cordelia's body immediately stiffened and she turned to look at him.

“Papa!” Breaking off from Damien she ran and hugged her father who in turned held her.

“Thank god you’re safe.” He said kissing the top of her head. “Has anyone harmed you?”

“No papa, they’ve all been real gentlemen.” Cordelia said as she turned to see Damien had walked down. He was standing in front of his mother.

“Damien. Always a pleasure to see how’ve you grown.” Angelica had said sweetly to her son.

“Mother.” Damien retorted back. Not knowing how to address his mother.

“Your barracks are nice, a little damp.”

“I thought you would enjoy them.” He said smirking at her.

“So, I see you're not eating. Isn’t Jay still cooking.? Your skin and bones.” She asked, starting on the rant that always made Damien roll his eyes. Which he did.

“Cut the crap. Where have they taken Jack?”

“Oh, why so worried about your father? I don’t even get asked how I’ve been? Cordelia you look lovely. Did Aunt Sally pick that one out for you?” Angelica said coming to completely ignore her son. Getting frustrated and on his last nerve Damien drew out his sword and aimed it right at Angelica s neck.

“You have no patience.” She sneered. Her dark side coming to the surface. “You would kill your own mother?” She said smirking.

“If I remember, you tired to kill me a couple of times. Yes, I think I would. Unless you tell me who has Jack.”

“Why do you care so much about your father?” Sneered pushing the sword away from her throat. Cordelia watched as her father moved to in front of her so he was in between of the two.

“If he dies, I can’t become captain of the Black pearl. He hasn’t chosen his successor yet. And by all means, he is going to choose me, but he hasn’t actually said it yet. Without saying it, the ship is up for grabs and there's some nasty pirates who would love to get their hands on it. Barbarossa being one of them.”

“They call him Captain Black. His real names is Derek Jameson. Him and Jack go way back to when they were just starting out. Jack gave Derek a scar that revolts any women.” She explained to her son.

“What is he after?”

“Blackbeard's treasure.” Angelica let the news sink in. Cordelia was the first to speak.

“Papa, where's Mama?”

“Shes still on the ship with him.” He said looking down at the boards.

“Why would he need Mama? Shes of no use to him.”

“Shes very useful.” Angelica said. “Her abilities alone could detect what is going to happen. Not to mention after hes through with her, her tail is worth a lot more.”

“Tail?” Damien asked turning to towards Cordelia.

“If Syrena is harmed, I will not hesitate to kill you.” Philip said stepping up closer to get in Angelica s face.

“Men, enchanted by Merfolk so easily.”

“Cordelia what is talking about?” Damien asked looking at her. Cordelia looked at Damien and then towards her father.

“You didn’t tell them?” Her father questioned.

“I thought it was safer.”

“Didn’t tell me what?” Damien was getting frustrated again. He had put his sword away and was trying to catch up with the conversation that was going on.

“I’m a mermaid.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait.