Status: To be continued

Even Deeper

Chapter 1

Brian couldn't really believe it. He finally had the chance to meet his idol, Trent Reznor, again. He so admired the older man's work and could only hope that Trent would appreciate his. So when he got the offer to open a show for Nine Inch Nails, he couldn't say no. Who cared if the people at the guido club liked his music? Brian certainly didn't. The chance of being able to showcase his work to Trent was just too enticing.

When he told his band about the club date they didn't seem nearly as excited as he was. Daisy was acting as if opening for Nine Inch Nails wasn't a big deal, Freddy just nodded his head thoughtfully, and Pogo completely ignored him, too preoccupied with the conversation he was having with himself to really care what Brian had to say. Only Gidget seemed the least bit interested. And to be honest, Gidget seemed too strung out to really comprehend what he was saying. These people are his best friends in Fort Lauderdale.

When Brian got home he found an unsurprising visitor waiting for him. Nancy. His girlfriend Teresa's best friend and, with a shiver he thought, his lover. He truly felt bad for what he was doing with Nancy. She just latched onto him and wouldn't let go. She kept trying and trying to become a bigger part of his life, and he was letting her. She thought she was in the band, when in reality she was nothing more than a prop. He didn't want her around, but he wasn't going to tell her that. He was terrified with how he thought she would react.

In all honesty, he didn't want to be with Teresa anymore either. He was bored with her and thought that she was just ther. She wasn't the prettiest girl around, and she wasn't very exciting. But she was safe, and that was what Brian thought he needed when he first got with her. Now, not so much. When he tried to think of an attractive and exciting person, all he could come up with was Trent. But he didn't want to think like that, because he wasn't gay. He had loved women for as lone as he could remember. Thats why he's with two of them.

Brian glared at Nancy, who was sitting on his couch, but she didn't take the hint. Instead, she got up and walked to him slowly before throwing her arms around his neck and planting a deep kiss on his mouth.

"Hey Brian." she purred.
With a sigh he replied "He Nancy."

He wondered if he should tell Nancy about the show. There was no doubt in his mind that she would try to get involved. But the fans enjoyed the abuse he inflicted upon her pale anemic body. So, against his better judgement, he told her. As was expected, she completely freaked out. Brian let his mind wander as Nancy began outlining her plans for the show. He thought of the first time he met Trent Reznor.

In 1990, Brian was still writing for the music magazine 21st Parallel. It was his job to conduct interviews with musicians who were deemed relevant at the time. His biggest interview at the time had been with Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and he hadn't been particularly impressed with what he had to say. Brian just wanted to interview someone that had something relevant to say. When he was told he had to interview Trent, he was put into a good mood. Brian thought that not only was Trent a talented artist, but that he had a message.

The day of the interview, Brian tried his best to act professional. It was a challenge though, he was so giddy. As Trent came in, Brian finally got a good look at him. He was pale and small in build, at most 5'10, and so thin he was bordering on anorexia. He was attractive in an unconventional way. His long black hair hung in his face in dreadlocks and he was clothed from head to toe in black. But it was his eyes that really sucked Brian in. He couldn't tell whether they were green or brown. He quickly averted his eyes when he realized that Trent was watching him watch him. With a grin, Trent introduced himself and the interview commenced. When the interview was over, and when Trent left, Brian couldn't help feeling a little empty.

Brian was brought back to reality when he felt Nancy lightly pressing kisses to his neck. He wished he was alone so that he wouldn't have to deal with the train wreck in front of him. If he was alone, he could decide what songs were going to be on the set list for the show, or what he was going to wear. But he wasn't, and Brian knew that Nancy came to his apartment for a reason, and she wasn't going to leave until she got what she wanted. And with that in his mind, Brian decided that he was going to give Nancy what she came for, kick her out, take a shower, and try to go to sleep.

After a decent nights sleep, Brian decided to go to the record store. He wasn't going because he wanted to get new music, although if the opportunity presented itself he would gladly purchase some. He needed to see his friend Jeordie White. He felt bad that Jeordie wasn't the first person he told about the good news. Brian considered Jeordie to be his best friend and knew that Jeordie would be excited for him.

When he got to the mall and went into the record store, however, he couldn't find him. With a sigh, Brian walked to the place where he knew he would find Jeordie. As he had suspected, he found Jeordie harassing the girl working at the piercing pagoda. Usually he would have joined in, but he really wasn't feeling it. Instead, he muttered an apology to the girl and dragged Jeordie away.

As he was being pulled, Jeordie exclaimed "Dude, what's wrong with you?" As he was massaging his wrists, Brian said "I need to tell you something." With a huff, Jeordie muttered "Well, you could have at least waited for me to finish my conversation." Brian took a few seconds to collect himself, mainly to keep himself from smacking Jeordie upside his head. Then Jeordie said, with an expression of annoyance clear on his face "Well, I'm waiting."

"Patience is a virtue."
"Well,you're one to talk."
"Fine, you know what, forget it, I thought you would be happy to know that Marilyn Manson has been booked to open for Nine Inch Nails next week at Club Nu. I guess not."

As Brian turned around to leave, he felt Jeordie jump on his back as he let out a squeal of excitement. He happily carried Jeordie on his back all the way to the record store as Jeordie yammered on and on about how lucky he was and how cool it was going to be. Unlike Nancy, Brian enjoyed listening to what Jeordie had to say.

With a grin, he dropped Jeordie behind the counter and turned around to look at the CDs. As he was glancing at the shelves Brian found the CD that started it all for him. It was that stupid Miami 2 Live Crew disk. It had shocked many people with its explicit and offensive lyrics. But to Brian, though, it was nothing. He knew he could top it, be more shocking, just be so much more than what he is.

Brian was tapped on the shoulder by someone. It was Jeordie's store manager. With a sigh he turned around "Yes?" "Are you actually going to buy something this time?" With a malicious grin, Brian chirped out "Nope!" And with that, he marched up to the front counter, said goodbye to Jeordie, and walked all the way out of the mall.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter takes place in 2991. I just felt the need to post this because Manson and Trent are my favorite pairing, other than Manson/ Twiggy and Ginger/ John5. So, if you like it, or even if you don't, please comment so I know what I need to do to make it better.