Status: Excited about this! Bare with me though!

Take Me Dancing

Stay With Me

"So was she hot?" my best friend Dave chimed down the phone. As far as 17 year old horny teenagers go Dave's the worst.
"Dave! That wasn't the point!" I was getting frustrated now. My mood seemed to skim over Dave's head.
"So she was fugly?"
"No! But that's not the point Dave! The point is she didn't give me her number but merely said she had a feeling she'd see me again. What's that supposed to mean?!" There was silence down the phone. He was thinking.
"Well...either she couldn't be bothered to give you her number or you were down right rejected mate." I chewed this over for a minute before replying.
"But...why would she be so nice in rejecting me if I wasn't going to see her again?" Dave sighed.
"I don't bloody well know do I?! Either you see her again or you don't. Simple as." Dave made it sound so simple, like the whole situation meant hardly anything. But the thing is, it meant something to me. I really like this "Dana" girl and well...I really wanted to see her again. I didn't want to rely on chance to see her.
"Well I have to go mate, see you tomorrow at school yeah?"
"Yeah. See ya Dave." I hung up the phone and sat with my thoughts. After a few minutes of day dreaming I thought I'd better get started on that maths homework I'd delayed on doing, would be a good distraction from my thoughts on Dana away. It's like Dave said -either I see her again or I don't. Simple as.

*****

"Wotcher Pete mate. You're late?" I slyly slid into my seat as the teacher was writing something on the blackboard.
"Yeah. Slept in." In reality I was writing up more lyrics. I had a stoke of genius while in the shower and it just couldn't wait, not even for school.
"Oh right. Understand fully. Horse Face is just writing up examples of a minor sentence. Don't think you have to write them down." I chuckled at the use of our English teachers' nickname. Her long face, big front teeth and long straw-like hair won the witty and wicked nickname that Dave and I made up when we first had her. Needless to say, it caught on quickly with our fellow classmates.

The rest of the school day was a blur of shrill bells, sombre teachers and stomach churning canteen food. As the end of the day drew nearer I couldn't help but bop on my seat with excitement.
"Ants in your pants Johnson?" Mr Milne, my biology teacher, turned round from what he was writing to stare at me with a bemused expression. My bopping seized immediately.
"No, sir. Just eager to get some work done." Well that was a down right lie and others in my class seemed to catch on to that as a few giggles erupted around the class. Mr Milne raised an eyebrow and continued to write on the board about the intestines. I smiled to myself. Today was Monday, mum and dad weren't going to be home until later. I spent the rest of the lesson day dreaming about what I could do with the few hours of freedom; go down to the lake, go to Pizza Hut, head off to Dave's... as the bell rang to signal the end of the day I was the first to shoot out the door. I decided to head down to the lake and maybe continue with the song I was working so hard on.

As I walked down the damp grass that lead to the lake I could hear the faint chirp of birds and the rustle of the eaves as the wind made them dance. My nostrils filled with the smell of woods: damp grass, pine trees, dirt. The sun made the water of the lake glisten. I skimmed over the trees to find my usual spot. As I laid eyes on it my heart stopped. Someone was there. I narrowed my eyes to get a better look at who it was but the sun was making it impossible. I heard a musical voice call out from the tree I usually occupy.
"So...we meet again."
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one day? Feel the love! It's not very exciting but I'm getting there. Be patient! Comment and subscribe, it means a lot :D