Status: Excited about this! Bare with me though!

Take Me Dancing

One Night To Remember

9 Years Before -

I stared up at the house, the darkness of the night looming over it like a black cloth. The artificial orange light from the streetlights illuminated my face. In the daylight the house was charming, cosy and full of life. I picked up a small stone from the driveway and aimed at the window which I knew to be Dana's bedroom. The stone hit perfectly in the centre of the window and I waited. The cold night air that nipped at my skin didn't bother me, there was a fire inside my chest that only the prospect of Dana could light.

The light in Dana's bedroom flicked on and a smile smile crept on my face. The window slowly opened with a creak and Dana's smiling face leaned out of it, her hair a perfect mess and her eyes surprisingly awake and already full of excitement.
"Peter!" She whispered in mock annoyance, "what are you doing here?"
"I'm here to whisk the fair lady away for a night of adventure."I winked playfully. She giggled and leaned away from the window and disappeared back into her room. A few minutes later so emerged from the front door wearing grey tracky bottoms, a white tank top and my red hoody. She ran up to me -in bare feet - and wrapped her arms around my neck. I locked our lips together in a loving kiss.
"I missed you." She whispered in my ear, shivers ran down my spine. I don't think I'll ever get over her musical voice.
"Babe, it was just a day." I laughed and she pouted at me, so damn adorable.
"Too long!"I chuckled , took her hand and led her towards my beat up red truck my mum and dad got me for my 18th birthday a few months ago. Dana didn't hesitate to jump into the passenger seat and turn on the stereo which started blaring out New Found Glory.
"Turn it down Dana!" I shout as I jump into the drivers seat beside her. With a jolt the truck started and we were off.

Off where? I had no clue but all I knew was that Dana was going to love it anyway.

I came to an abrupt stop in a deserted car park. Dana squinted out into the darkness pressing against the truck window.
"Stay here." I called to her as I jumped out and headed to the boot. I reached down and got out a picnic blanket, a box filled with Dana's favourite foods, my rucksack and a portable stereo which I quickly stuffed in my rucksack. I came back around ( bag on my back and blanket and box under my arm) to open Dana's door. At the sight of me she raised a quizzical eyebrow with a cheeky smirk on her face.
"So, where to now baby?" She was jumping up and down in front of me with a playful smile plastered on. I leaned down and pecked her on the lips, she always tasted the same: sunshine, coffee and jaffa cakes. It filled me with pure bliss every time.
"It's a secret babe. Just have to be patient." She gave a sigh of frustration. The one thing Dada wasn't it was patient.

I lead her to an out playground. The swings were all rusted and creaked whenever the wind blew. The steps leading up the slide where broken and worn. The roundabout was falling to pieces and had graffiti a over it's wooden surface. There was enough light emitting from the full moon for us to see clearly where we were going. I placed everything I was carrying in a spot in the middle of the playground. Spread the blanket across the weathered grass and laying out the food and gestured for Dana to come and sit next to me. She obliged willingly and soon dived into the mountains of food I brought with me.

With our bellies fit to burst like a Christmas turkey we lay down on the blanket. Dana turned to me and through the darkness I could still make out her misty grey eyes filled with laughter and promised sunshine. Her lips were curved in a cheeky smile as she rolled on top of me crashing our lips together. She let out a content sigh as I ran a tender hand up and down her sides as our kiss deepened.

With a start I remembered my original plan. As we separated Dana lightly bit down on my bottom lip making me groan. Fuck. With a smug smirk on her glowing face she called out to me.
"So, what's with the abrupt stop?" I gave a playful wink and replied.
"I've got something better in mind." Her eyebrows shot up in curiosity as I racked through my bag for...
"Aha!" I cried in victory, pulling out a small ukulele from the depths of the large rucksack. Dana let out a sceptical giggle and made herself more comfortable on the blanket. I cleared my throat in faux bravado.
"This song, ladies and gentlemen, is for the beautiful, wonderful, hilariously childish and fun Dana!" Dana's face lit up like a Christmas tree and she let out a whoop. With practised fingers I slowly strummed the chords out which rung around the playground like a musical echo.
"haven't you heard,
I'm stuck on a verse.
I'm stuck on a girl who,
fills me with joy.

I knew I was wrong,
to jump straight on into this,
picture so pretty.
But she is so pretty to me.

And she doesn't know,
just how far I will go,
just to kiss her.
No she doesn't know how I pine."


I looked up from my hunched position around the ukulele to see Dana smiling from ear to ear. Her eyes glistened with tears and with a shaky voice she addressed me.
"I love you Peter Johnson."
"I love you too Dana Patterson. Happy Anniversary."
And with that I crushed her to me. Clothing scattered around the darkness just like our cares, we became one under the stars.

I love you Dana Patterson, so so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update yay! Hope you enjoy! Tell me what you think? Like? Don't like? Let me know in the comments :) The song Peter sang was "Your Song" by Kate Walsh, check it out. :D