‹ Prequel: Tristis Nox
Status: Update when I can, I'm a busy college student

Tristis Nox: Blood Angel

Lexicon

Lexicon. It was, no is the most beautiful city in all the universes and dimensions. The glittering marble buildings, the lush green grass, the colorful and numerous flowers, and clean air, this was truly heaven. As I walked through the streets for the first time in forever, I finally felt whole and at home. I did not care that people stare when I twirled around as I walked to the meeting. Yet, as I shined with happiness, something still troubled me and I did not know what it was.
“Tris, watch where you are going!” Vatēs shouted and flung his arms out.
“What?” I spun around to look at him as I collided and fell on top of a stranger. “Oh no! I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to… Talon!” I smiled and flung my arms around him.
“Nox? Wow, long times no see my friend. How have you been?” he hugged me back then looked up and saw Vatēs. “Vatēs, how have you been man?”
“I have been busy taking care of this one.” He pointed at me and laughed as he helped both of us up.
“Hey, I don’t need that much looking after.” I pouted and crossed my arms. After a few seconds we all burst out laugh causing more people to look at us in disgust. “So what have you been up to?”
“You know the usual. Looking after humans and ferrying the dead to the Pearly Gates.”
“Ah yes, being the good guy and releasing the souls from the imprisonment of their own body. You’re such a good person, Mr. Angel of Death.” We laughed. “How’s that been?”
“Okay, you know most are surprised at first and kind of disoriented, then they accept it and are happy to go to Heaven.”
“Yes, I remember…” I trailed off as memories of my past bubbled to the surface. I grimaced and shook my head to erase them. “Anyway, I—“
“Sorry to interrupt, but Tristis we need to get going. Your meeting.”
“Oh yes, your right Vatēs. Sorry Talon, I gotta run. See yeah!” I yelled as I turned and started jogging to my meeting.
“Tris wait up! TRIS! I will see you later Talon.” He bowed then dashed after me as he shook his head. “Will you slow down? You are going to get us in trouble.”
I turned around and stopped. “Fine, but if we’re late I’m blaming you.” I laughed as he finally caught up to me.
“Yes, very funny, Tristis.” He huffed.
“Aw don’t be mad, please.” I begged as I linked arms with him and started walking.
“Tristis.” Vatēs warned and unlinked his arm.
“Come one, this is my first time here in… I don’t even know how long so lighten up a little.” I glanced sideways then whispered, “And you don’t have to be so formal to me…” Vatēs did not say anything, just kept his head forward and walked up the stairs. I sighed and followed behind him. As I came up to the entrance of the great hall the feeling of home faded and dread filled its place. “Vay, I’m nervous.” I did not think he heard me until his hand gripped mine and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I looked over at him and gave a weak smile.
“Ready?”
“No. So let’s get this over with.” Vatēs nodded, let go of my hand, and knocked four times on the giant oak doors.
“Come in!” was muffled before the doors opened and we descended down the hall. As I walked I felt so small in the enormous hall. I tried to keep my face blank, but even I knew that my nervousness and anxiety was playing across my face. We approached the council and stopped.
“State you names and reason for being here.” The leader announced.
“I am Vatēs the Seer and my partner Tristis the Sad. We are Finis squad 31 and we are here to appeal Tristis’ punishment and to go over her recent assignment.” I remained silent as he spoke and my eyes took in the Lexicon Council. Six council members were present and only one I liked. When I set my eyes on Cain, the oldest of the members, I could not help but smile because he was one of the few people who did not hate me. He smiled back at me and some of my uneasiness disappeared.
“Welcome Vatēs the Seer and Tristis the Sad to the Lexicon Council. We are ready to hear your report and your appeal.” The leader sat back and listened as Vatēs gave a full report of what happened on the last planet. As he talked the memories of all the wonderful people I met came back to me and I fought not to lose it. One person I could not help but think about was Rob, the boy who showed me around King Lucas’ kingdom and was always a source of entertainment and friendship. Then his bloody, scared dead face shone before me and I clenched my jaw and started counting to erase the sadness that would never go away.
Through the entire meeting I remained silent and waited for what they had to say about my fate. After Vatēs went over everything and pleaded my case, the great debate over my freedom started. Shouts of displeasure rang one right after the other then the argument in my favor fought back. And I just stood there feeling so small and helpless.
“The council will have a 10 minute recess before coming to agreement on the case of Tristis the Sad. Vatēs and Tristis you are dismissed until we call you back.” He then got up, turned and left the great hall with his fellow councilmen right behind him. We stood there a moment before turning and walking out. We walked out the front doors, went left, then started to go faster and faster until we came to an isolated balcony. Vatēs slowed and leaned on the pillar while I went straight to the ledge and slumped over it.
♠ ♠ ♠
First real chapter Hurray! Enjoy!