‹ Prequel: Tristis Nox
Status: Update when I can, I'm a busy college student

Tristis Nox: Blood Angel

Banishment

That was brutal.” Vatēs said finally shattering the silence. All I did was grunt in agreement. “You alright?”
“Yeah, only exhausted.”
“I understand you completely.” He then slid down the wall and sat with his legs out in front of him. For the rest of the waiting period we sat there in silence regaining strength to face the council once again.
I had my eyes closed when someone soundlessly appeared. “Vatēs the Seer and Tristis the Sad, the Lexicon Council requests your presence right away.” My eyes snapped opened and I looked to my friend. We nodded to each other before getting up and following the messenger angel. We once again arrived before the large doors and I took a deep breath in before following Vatēs.
Once in front of the council members we went over the formalities…again before the council stated their decree. “On the account of Tristis the Sad we have unanimously decided that you are hereby still banished from Lexicon and Eden and your previous punishment is still in effect. You are no longer allowed to repeal this decision and must leave Lexicon before tomorrow at noon. That is all. You are dismissed, Godspeed.” With that the Council left quietly, but not without giving smartass smirks before turning to leave. We both silently left and once we were out the doors slammed behind us.
“Are you okay, Tris?” Vatēs cautiously asked and reached out to touch my shoulder.
I quickly moved back and replied, “I’m fine, I’m just gunna go for a bit of a walk.” Then I turned and walked away. Vatēs did not follow me and I was glad because I wanted, for once, to be alone to sort out the turmoil inside of me.
I walked aimlessly around the large marble building that housed everything from the great hall to the library to drill arenas. Although I wanted to walk and straighten things out, it was all but impossible for memories of years past when I was still in training pulsated through my head. Flashes of memories of when I was in training to my time as a Finis kept fluttering before me. Eventually it got to be too much and I leaned up against a wall to try and calm my chaotic mind, but that was not to happen.
“You are late, councilman. You should have reported back days ago.” My head jerked up when I heard the voice of Lord Mikyle speak.
“You know me, I like to see my work and appreciate it.” The voice that spoke was new yet oddly familiar. I knew I had heard that voice before, so I crept closer to see what was going on.
“You have to be the most insane of all angels…” I peeked through the ajar door and gasped in utter astonishment, “Cion, or should I say King Carson.” I started to tremble as the two men before me laughed and embraced each other.
“What can I say, God made me this way. So what has the council been doing while I was busy with my mission?” Cion asked as he lounged in a chair.
“You missed your old friend Tristis trying to appeal her punishment.” Cion raised his eyebrow and Mikyle continued, “Yes, her and Vatēs had a meeting with the council so she could be allowed back into Eden and Lexicon.”
“And the verdict?”
“She is still banished from Eden and Lexicon and her previous punishment is still in effect.” Both men once again laughed as a pain jolted through my body. My home was no longer mine.
“You are one evil man… no council. Not only do you deny the poor child her rightful home, but you have also dirtied her beyond repair.” *What?* “You must really hate her.”
“Of course I do. Out of all the angels she is… I mean was the purest and most powerful.”
“Jealousy is quite the killer. So out of your jealousy and so she would lose favor with God you had her ‘cleanse’ a planet that did not need it, thereby causing her to douse her hands and body in the blood of innocent people therefore ruining her.” Cion chuckled a little, “You should not be an angel councilman; you are just too evil.” Both men once again laughed as I fell back in shock. My entire body quaked as I slowly scooted myself away from the door. I could not believe what I had just heard.
“I…I…I j-just k-k-killed so m-m-many…pe-p-people.”I whispered as I stared transfixed at the door of my damnation. Then I scrambled to my feet and dashed in the direction of my housing quarters. I ran into people, skipped dozens of stairs, and ignored everything around me. In record time I made it to my room and went straight for my mirror.
As I gasped for breath I stared hard at my reflection and at first glance I looked normal. I took everything about me in: my waist long blonde hair with brown lowlights, my red eyes, the way my black and silver long coat fell over my black and silver sleeveless dress shirt, my pin straight black pants with two silver stripes down the sides, the uniform mid shin black boots, and my owl necklace. But then I looked closer and I noticed the physical changes. My eyes were now a darker red, the brown in my hair looked like it was almost black, and then I called forth my tattoos and my worst fear came to be; instead of black they were now red. I dismissed my markings and closed my eyes as the day’s events crashed down on me. Without realizing it a tear fell and landed on the back of my hand and startled me. I opened my eyes and stared once again in horror as I realized that with each second I was falling farther from grace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn that council. See that coming?